Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

Walk Hard

I had a feeling this movie would not work.

Usually movie trailers include some of the funniest parts of the movie to get people excited about seeing it, but I didn't find any part of the trailer funny.

Definitely going to pass on this one.

I still have a hangover from watching that dude in Talladega Nights. Still waiting on my refund for that one as well.

You know, when I first saw the trailers it looked like complete crap to me. But yet, it somehow got good reviews. Makes no sense to me. Then again, No Country For Old Men got great reviews too and I thought it was terrible.

I still have a hangover from watching that dude in Talladega Nights. Still waiting on my refund for that one as well.

See, I loved Talladega Nights and thought he was good in that movie.

See, I loved Talladega Nights and thought he was good in that movie.

Good, that assured me I shouldn't see walk hard. I enjoyed Telladega nights as well.

I'm shocked this movie is no good. :doublethumbsup: Really, and honestly, you guys thought this would be good?

That about sums it up. :doublethumbsup: i will wait to rent this (likely) dog so i can shut it off if it is the suck.

It's a Will Farrell movie WITHOUT Will Farrell. What did you expect? :first:

Knocked Up was a Steve Carell movie without Steve Carell and I think that knocked up is much better than 40 year old virgin.

The trailers for Walk Hard should have been enough to keep people away from the theatre though.

I will waste money on. "Blades of Glory".

yes you will...that movie was a sucko too. :first:

Knocked Up was a Steve Carell movie without Steve Carell and I think that knocked up is much better than 40 year old virgin.

You get an A for effort, but an F for the actual analogy.

40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up weren't Steve Carell movies...they were Judd Apatow movies.

These movies (and their characters) were created by Judd Apatow as a part of a funny script.

Will Farrell movies are different in a few ways. Farrell is the one who is creating these characters and I think there's a big difference between the creator directing an actor and the creator being the actor.

Also, while Apatow is making funny movies, Farrell's schtick is to make funny characters. I don't really think that Farrell's movies (ie. scripts/stories) are all that funny...it's the characters that he creates and then acts out that are funny.

The fact that you think that Knocked Up, which Carrell wasn't in, is more funny than 40 YOV just goes to prove my point...namely, that the actors are much more replaceable in Apatow's movies than in a Will Farrell movie b/c Apatow creates funny scripts while Farrell creates funny characters.

40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up weren't Steve Carell movies...they were Judd Apatow movies.

These movies (and their characters) were created by Judd Apatow as a part of a funny script.

Will Farrell movies are different in a few ways. Farrell is the one who is creating these characters and I think there's a big difference between the creator directing an actor and the creator being the actor.

Also, while Apatow is making funny movies, Farrell's schtick is to make funny characters. I don't really think that Farrell's movies (ie. scripts/stories) are all that funny...it's the characters that he creates and then acts out that are funny.

The fact that you think that Knocked Up, which Carrell wasn't in, is more funny than 40 YOV just goes to prove my point...namely, that the actors are much more replaceable in Apatow's movies than in a Will Farrell movie b/c Apatow creates funny scripts while Farrell creates funny characters.

Ok you have obviously put more thought into this than me. I would like to take my original comment back now.

The trailers for Walk Hard should have been enough to keep people away from the theatre though.

I thought the same thing about Superbad - The wife and I rented it the other day. SB was trying to hard to be like the Amer Pie movies but with you the funny.

:first: You must be a 40 year old virgin to have the time to come up with that :doublethumbsup:

I'll admit I haven't seen it, but there were some lines from the trailers I found pretty funny. I guess I'll wait for the DVD.

Sam: [after Dewey accidentally barges in a room filled with smoke and groupies]

[coughs]

Sam: Get outta here, Dewey!

Dewey Cox: What are y'all doin' in here?

Sam: We're smoking reefer and you don't want no part of this ######.

Dewey Cox: You're smoking *reefers*?

Sam: Yeah, 'course we are; can't you smell it?

Dewey Cox: No, Sam. I can't.

Girl Groupie: Come on, Dewey! Join the party!

[takes a hit off a joint]

Sam: No, Dewey, you don't want this. Get outta here!

Dewey Cox: You know what, I don't want no hangover. I can't get no hangover.

Sam: It doesn't give you a hangover!

Dewey Cox: Wha-I get addicted to it or something?

Sam: It's not habit-forming!

Dewey Cox: Oh, okay... well, I don't know... I don't want to overdose on it.

Sam: You can't OD on it!

Dewey Cox: It's not gonna make me wanna have sex, is it?

Sam: It makes sex even better!

Dewey Cox: Sounds kind of expensive.

Sam: It's the cheapest drug there is.

Dewey Cox: [at a loss and out of excuses] Hmm.

Sam: You don't want it!

Dewey Cox: I think I kinda want it.

Sam: Okay, but just this once. Come on in.

I think I'm doing pretty well for a fifteen year old with a wife and a baby..