Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

I need new music!

Anyone catch on to some new tunes worth mentioning? I just downloaded Paramore (suggestion by phillybear).

Anyone? The ipod needs some new shiot.

Barry Manilow not cranking the new ones out fast enough for ya?

Now you see. That kind of shiot will get a man's teeth knocked. I'm not foolin. :lol:

Now you see. That kind of shiot will get a man's teeth knocked. I'm not foolin. :banana:

Lighten up Francis.................I hear Elton John is in the studio as we speak. :lol: :banana: :banana:

I remembered that you really liked my top 10 albums list...how about checking out a few of them you dont have

I'm only versed in Rock...so...sorry if this isn't in your taste. These bands aren't really all that mainstream.

Older:

Anything by "Symphony X"

Newer:

Anything by "SOiL" or "Shadow's Fall"

As for the more popular things that are on my iPOD? Right now I'm loaded with "Blue Oyster Cult", "Foreiner", "Creedence Clearwater Revival", and "The Doobie Brothers". Nothing wrong with jamming to the classics! If you're just looking for a new spin on things though, I've always enjoyed finding techno remix versions of my favorite tunes.

I'm only versed in Rock...so...sorry if this isn't in your taste. These bands aren't really all that mainstream.

Older:

Anything by "Symphony X"

Newer:

Anything by "SOiL" or "Shadow's Fall"

As for the more popular things that are on my iPOD? Right now I'm loaded with "Blue Oyster Cult", "Foreiner", "Creedence Clearwater Revival", and "The Doobie Brothers". Nothing wrong with jamming to the classics! If you're just looking for a new spin on things though, I've always enjoyed finding techno remix versions of my favorite tunes.

The new albums from Spoon (Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga) and Wilco (Sky Blue Sky) are greta. So is Transparent Things by Fujiya and Miyagi.

Not really 'new', but do you have Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chili Peppers? That is some good stuff! ;)

Rock?

Say Anything

The Starting Line

Dashboard Confessional

Scary Kids Scaring Kids

Chiodos

Gym Class Heroes

The Fall of Troy

Bloc Party

Motion City Soundtrack

Arctic Monkeys

Kings Of Leon

underOATH

Alexisonfire

The Blood Brothers

Protest The Hero

The Academy Is...

None of those are really groundbreaking or all that new, but if you're just now getting sick of Paramore, these should be fresh to you as well.

Rap?

Kanye has new stuff

Lupe Fiasco

Common

Mos Def

Gym Class Heroes

Ying Yang Twins

Lil Wayne

Mims

Fabolous

and pretty much "Young (anything)" will get you some results in a similar style.

Some of this is pretty old like I said, and I tried to mix in some more well-known poppy stuff to start out with, and you'll find more stuff as you go along.

You can download the new Radiohead album "In Rainbows" for free off of the internet..

They released it for free online - I'm sure it's not hard to find.

You can download the new Radiohead album "In Rainbows" for free off of the internet..

They released it for free online - I'm sure it's not hard to find.

I had forgotten that. Totally badass gesture on their part. :overhead:

How old are you anyway? You're into some fairly new shit, even hip-hop stuff.

The fock did you find that? I kept waiting for the guys from SNL to jump out with their heads tilt to the side. "What is Love?"

are you kidding me that is the infamous rabbi nachman meuman! haha.. i just love that music plus it is quite entertaining to watch chasidic jews dance in mosh pits.

I had forgotten that. Totally badass gesture on their part. :overhead:

How old are you anyway? You're into some fairly new shit, even hip-hop stuff.

I'm 25..

How old did you figure?

I'm 25..

How old did you figure?

Was thinking late 20's. 27-28. Roughly my brother's age because we're into alot of the same stuff, with him having a slightly more mature taste, along with some 90's stuff he grew up with.

Was thinking late 20's. 27-28. Roughly my brother's age because we're into alot of the same stuff, with him having a slightly more mature taste, along with some 90's stuff he grew up with.

Ahh that's cool.

Yeah if I didn't already know you're age, I would have figured to be right around the same age as me.

:dunno:

Ahh that's cool.

Yeah if I didn't already know you're age, I would have figured to be right around the same age as me.

:cheers:

Got a prediction for tonight? I said 38-24 Tigers. :dunno:

Might I recommend, Amon Amarth.

Got a prediction for tonight? I said 38-24 Tigers. :lol:

I'm thinking LSU 31 - OSU 24

I really have a good feeling about LSU, but I don't want to call too big of a win.

I'm betting with LSU -4

and I'm playing OVER 48 points.

Your prediction would have me winning both - so I hope you're right. :cheers:

Honestly, LSU is going to be completely healthy for the first time in a VERY long time. We haven't really been able to play the way we want to play since early in the year.

The defense really did fall off down the strech, but Dorsey really was banged up. He took a cheap shot mid-season, but never got a chance to recover. He is ready, and the defense goes as he goes.

I never believed in OSU all year, but I do figure them to play with alot of heart. That will keep them in the game, but I don't think that it will be enough.

:cheers:

Got a prediction for tonight? I said 38-24 Tigers. :lol:

Get a room already and stop the hijacking :lol:

Ryan Adams

Foo Fighters

:lol:

Check these guys out, they focking RAWK!!!

ASG

Click on "Gallop Song" If I ever rob a bank, it's going to be the song I blast in the getaway car. :thumbsdown:

Check these guys out, they focking RAWK!!!

ASG

Click on "Gallop Song" If I ever rob a bank, it's going to be the song I blast in the getaway car. :huh:

Decent.

Decent.

Very rockin.

Those guys are my boys, they play shows at my shop from time to time.

I'm seeing them in Orlando on friday.....super pumped.

I really liked the second to the last Arctic Monkeys and Bloc Party albums. Haven't heard a single off the new albums, which is suspicious. Anyone, can you advise?

I really liked the second to the last Arctic Monkeys and Bloc Party albums. Haven't heard a single off the new albums, which is suspicious. Anyone, can you advise?

Major hell yes. If you're into Bloc Party as it is, then you'll love the new album. Only people I've heard that weren't into it just don't dig their overall sound.

As for the Arctic Monkeys, they're one of the best pure bands out right now. Sort of a throwback.

Also, HD, make sure you check out Lazy Eye and Well Thought Out Twinckles by Silver Sun Pickups. Quality guitar work on these songs.

It was weird. I had a long conversation with my boss about Linkin Park today, and she is about 25 years older than me. Her daughter apparently keeps her current. I walked into her office when she was playing P.O.D. Youth of the Nation.

i tried to convince her to check out My Chemical Romance, but I'm sure that's a lost cause. She is an Alicia Keys fanatic.

Arctic Monkeys. :thumbsdown:

I'm thinking LSU 31 - OSU 24

I really have a good feeling about LSU, but I don't want to call too big of a win.

I'm betting with LSU -4

and I'm playing OVER 48 points.

Your prediction would have me winning both - so I hope you're right. :bandana:

Honestly, LSU is going to be completely healthy for the first time in a VERY long time. We haven't really been able to play the way we want to play since early in the year.

The defense really did fall off down the strech, but Dorsey really was banged up. He took a cheap shot mid-season, but never got a chance to recover. He is ready, and the defense goes as he goes.

I never believed in OSU all year, but I do figure them to play with alot of heart. That will keep them in the game, but I don't think that it will be enough.

<_<

:first: