Sign in to follow this  
LittleGiants78

Did Joe Simpson screw over Romo?

this actually makes sense. i've been to a few panther games and nobody down there seems to really be a panther's fan. sure they wear their julius peppers and steve smith jerseys but they're all either skins or cowboy fans( at least the one's i talked to).

i went to romo's first game as a starter last year and i was shocked at the amount of cowboy fans at the game...disgusted might be a better description.

That is just a byproduct of being a new franchise. I'm sure you would see alot of Dolphin, Bucs, and Falcon fans in the Jacksonville area as well. :pointstosky:

That is just a byproduct of being a new franchise. I'm sure you would see alot of Dolphin, Bucs, and Falcon fans in the Jacksonville area as well. :pointstosky:

true, but that doesn't mean i can't hate you guys for it anyways. :(

Am I the only one who thought Romo played well enough to win that game? He had a couple of bonehead plays (taking sacks), but he also made some plays facing a very big pass rush in the 2nd half. I didn't see the presser, but from the lack of any comments on it... I assume that he didn't make any Manning-esque comments about his offensive line which he well could have. Throw in a few dropped passes, and this was far from Romo's fault. He was clearly frustrated and does need to show more composure though. You would think that a guy tapping Jessica Simpson would be fairly calm. That would be my mantra... "You win some, and you lose some, but at least I am always getting some."

Am I the only one who thought Romo played well enough to win that game? He had a couple of bonehead plays (taking sacks), but he also made some plays facing a very big pass rush in the 2nd half. I didn't see the presser, but from the lack of any comments on it... I assume that he didn't make any Manning-esque comments about his offensive line which he well could have. Throw in a few dropped passes, and this was far from Romo's fault. He was clearly frustrated and does need to show more composure though. You would think that a guy tapping Jessica Simpson would be fairly calm. That would be my mantra... "You win some, and you lose some, but at least I am always getting some."

but..but...but...he went to Mexioco with Jessica Simpson!!!!!!

edjr is a Pats fan. HTH

It is common knowledge that he hurt his thumb weeks ago. Nothing new there. Whether it is an dumb excuse or a cause is debatable, but it is far more logical to think that an injury to a throwing hand of a QB has more of a correlation to bad play than laying by a pool with a girl.

Romo's finger was fine going into the Carolina game, he said. Did he reinjure it? I hadn't heard anything about the thumb still bothering him. Is that the **official*** excuse now?

but..but...but...he went to Mexioco with Jessica Simpson!!!!!!

:doublethumbsup:

Give it a rest already. I think Newbie is the only one to even suggest that Mexico MAY have had anything to do with his play.

Romo's finger was fine going into the Carolina game, he said. Did he reinjure it? I hadn't heard anything about the thumb still bothering him. Is that the **official*** excuse now?

Hey, I didn't bring it up. Nor did I say it was an excuse. Rather I stated it was very debatable.

It does though, have much more validity to explaing bad play than laying by a pool with a girl. HTH

Since we are at it, hell, maybe its the Chunky Soup that makes McNabb get hurt every year. It has to be something right? And we know he likes that soup. 2 + 2 = 4. It has to be the reason he gets hurt. It is a direct correlation. Outside the Lines needs to look into this. :doublethumbsup:

i'd take banging Jessica Simpson over a SB victory any day. Give the guy a break! The reason any man becomes successful, is to increase his chances at top notch sex with seemingly unnattainable women. Good for Romo, this is why you play the game. He's a winner in my book :doublethumbsup:

Hey, I didn't bring it up. Nor did I say it was an excuse. Rather I stated it was very debatable.

It does though, have much more validity to explaing bad play than laying by a pool with a girl. HTH

Since we are at it, hell, maybe its the Chunky Soup that makes McNabb get hurt every year. It has to be something right? And we know he likes that soup. 2 + 2 = 4. It has to be the reason he gets hurt. It is a direct correlation. Outside the Lines needs to look into this. :doublethumbsup:

I don't think laying by the pool in Mexico made him play bad, but I think by not choosing to work on the timing with his receivers, especially consider his horrid play of late, deprived Dallas their best chance to win the game.

I don't think laying by the pool in Mexico made him play bad, but I think by not choosing to work on the timing with his receivers, especially consider his horrid play of late, deprived Dallas their best chance to win the game.

itsatip that the whole team had a couple days off. itsalsoanothertip that almost every single NFL team that had bye weeks also gave their players a day or two off. There was nobody to throw to. I guess he could have played with "ghost" runners? :doublethumbsup: Also, as with most major corporations, and other smart businessman already know, giving your employees a good work/life balance is crucial in maximizing their production. That is why we have weekends and vacation days. A happy employee is a productive employee. A burned out employee is an unproductive employee. YWIA

A burned out employee is an unproductive employee. YWIA

Well, an 'unburned out' Romo cost his employer a shot at the championship. I hope he's content (and tanned).

YWIA

i'd take banging Jessica Simpson over a SB victory any day. Give the guy a break! The reason any man becomes successful, is to increase his chances at top notch sex with seemingly unnattainable women. Good for Romo, this is why you play the game. He's a winner in my book :thumbsup:

You couldn't have missed the mark by much more. :overhead:

Romo goes on to win a SB and he can bang many more unattainable women. And women that he can bang without their daddy's sitting in the room at the time. Romo wins a SB and he and Brady are stealing eachother's supermodels.

Personaly I dont give a fock if Romo went to Mexico with Simpson. I dont think it affected his play at all and if it did then he is a weak minded individual who would have been affected by something else anyway. Im sure other players took some time away to clear their mind or do whatever, we just didnt hear about it.

BUT, that is where I think Romo made a poor decision IMO. He knows that he and Simpson are prime time paparazzi targets right now and that there was a good chance his lil vacation would be all over the tabloids. Especially if the specualtion that her Dad is a media ###### is as true as it appears. So while I dont think going to Mexico itself affected his play I do think it was a poor decison based on the fact that Romo should have known that it had the potential to cause an uneeded distraction and give the media something to harp on.

In the end, its about the bottom line. If the Cowboys win last week Romo can give the media a big F U and nobody's talking about this. But since they lost its fair game and the media BS gets to continue to feed itself. Just for appearance sake as the QB and team leader, Romo prolly should have kept a lower profile the week before a big playoff game.

Romo needs to take some advice from Brady about keeping his pimp game strong. Brady keeps his Ho's in check and gives the appearance that he's all about football during the season. Romo should do the same.

Personaly I dont give a fock if Romo went to Mexico with Simpson. I dont think it affected his play at all and if it did then he is a weak minded individual who would have been affected by something else anyway. Im sure other players took some time away to clear their mind or do whatever, we just didnt hear about it.

BUT, that is where I think Romo made a poor decision IMO. He knows that he and Simpson are prime time paparazzi targets right now and that there was a good chance his lil vacation would be all over the tabloids. Especially if the specualtion that her Dad is a media ###### is as true as it appears. So while I dont think going to Mexico itself affected his play I do think it was a poor decison based on the fact that Romo should have known that it had the potential to cause an uneeded distraction and give the media something to harp on.

In the end, its about the bottom line. If the Cowboys win last week Romo can give the media a big F U and nobody's talking about this. But since they lost its fair game and the media BS gets to continue to feed itself. Just for appearance sake as the QB and team leader, Romo prolly should have kept a lower profile the week before a big playoff game.

Romo needs to take some advice from Brady about keeping his pimp game strong. Brady keeps his Ho's in check and gives the appearance that he's all about football during the season. Romo should do the same.

:mellow:

And that should end this thread.

Well, an 'unburned out' Romo cost his employer a shot at the championship. I hope he's content (and tanned).

YWIA

sorry, but the Dallas defense didn't help either!

...blaming Romo for that loss is pretty lame!

if the defense prevents the Giants from scoring more than

10 points, Dallas wins...

(even Coughlin said the last TD drive before the half ended was HUGE!)

Face it, the Cowboys being a tier 1 team was ONLY a figment of imagination...

(barely beating Detroit and Buffalo in the final minutes was all the proof i needed to see!)

blue skies and cold weather in lambeau this weekend! :dunno:

sorry, but the Dallas defense didn't help either!

...blaming Romo for that loss is pretty lame!

if the defense prevents the Giants from scoring more than

10 points, Dallas wins...

(even Coughlin said the last TD drive before the half ended was HUGE!)

Face it, the Cowboys being a tier 1 team was ONLY a figment of imagination...

(barely beating Detroit and Buffalo in the final minutes was all the proof i needed to see!)

blue skies and cold weather in lambeau this weekend! :dunno:

Yeah, but everyone is having allot of fun doing it. We all know it was really Jessica's fault.

Joe Simpson went on the trip to Mexico with them. He ###### blocked Romo from getting some of Jessica's goodies. If Romo would have tapped that arse before the game there is no telling what he would have done.

You forgot...

...and working out whatever it is that has made you play like crap for the last month.

He did that in Mexico with Jessica. It just had the same result

LOL, apparently it is! From Rotoworld:

Tony Romo-QB- Cowboys Jan. 16 - 5:33 pm et

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Tony Romo re-injured his thumb early in Dallas' 21-17 Divisional Round loss to the Giants.

Werder says he experienced swelling in the thumb after Michael Johnson hit Romo's hand on his second pass attempt. Werder believes the re-injured thumb may have contributed to the Cowboys' loss, but dropped passes by Romo's receivers were the biggest culprit. He was accurate for the most part.

Well, if this is true I'm really glad the Eagles played a small part in Fing-up the Cowboys post season! :banana:

LOL, apparently it is! From Rotoworld:

Tony Romo-QB- Cowboys Jan. 16 - 5:33 pm et

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Tony Romo re-injured his thumb early in Dallas' 21-17 Divisional Round loss to the Giants.

Werder says he experienced swelling in the thumb after Michael Johnson hit Romo's hand on his second pass attempt. Werder believes the re-injured thumb may have contributed to the Cowboys' loss, but dropped passes by Romo's receivers were the biggest culprit. He was accurate for the most part.

Well, if this is true I'm really glad the Eagles played a small part in Fing-up the Cowboys post season! :banana:

The off-season spin. Wasn't last year's excuse a slippery ball?

The off-season spin. Wasn't last year's excuse a slippery ball?

That is what I love about the Cowboys they never get beat, they only lose and have some excuse why it happened. Why don't they mention that the NYG team that crushed them at home was riddle with injuries.

My, my Tony had a sore thumb, I'll bet that never happen to anyone else?