Sign in to follow this  
ScottyFargo

Garcia replaces Favre in Probowl

LAKELAND, Fla., Jan. 24 (UPI) -- Tampa Bay quarterback Jeff Garcia Thursday was named to replace Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre at the NFL Pro Bowl Feb. 10 in Honolulu.

Favre's decision not to play was not a surprise after his coach Mike McCarthy and his agent, Bus Cook, admitted earlier this week that they did not know what Favre's plans were for the all-star contest.

The Packers lost the NFC Championship game to the New York Giants 23-20 in overtime Sunday.

"I don't know what he's going to do, what his injuries are, or what he's doing to do," Cook told the Green Bay Press-Gazette from the site of Saturday's Senior Bowl at Mobile, Ala.

The Ledger in Lakeland was among several Florida media outlets to report late Thursday that Garcia would replace Favre on the NFC roster.

Garcia will be the lone Buccaneer at the Pro Bowl because the original NFC Pro Bowl roster did not include any players from Tampa Bay or any other NFC South team.

I read somewhere that this is not the first time that Favre has sat out of the Probowl after being voted in, is that true?

They should stop playing the Pro Bowl game. After their first time, players all hate to play in it. Once the long season is over, do you really think they want to start hitting and be hit again? Hell no.

Every year more and more players bypass the game without even having an injury.

Why bother with it? Just name a 'Pro Bowl Team' and be done with it.

They should stop playing the Pro Bowl game. After their first time, players all hate to play in it. Once the long season is over, do you really think they want to start hitting and be hit again? Hell no.

You'd think with an all expense paid trip to Hawaii and plus you get a fat game check win or lose would motivate them some. I wish more guys would go, one good thing about Peyton is he always goes to the Pro-Bowl regardless of winning or getting embarassed in the playoffs. Despite the fact that he's been there 100 times.

Good for Garcia. He didn't have big numbers this year, but he was exactly what the Bucs needed this year.

Yeah, I am glad for Garcia, too.

Yeah, I am glad for Garcia, too.

Yep, his wife is a sweet piece of ass. :doublethumbsup:

Good for Garcia. He didn't have big numbers this year, but he was exactly what the Bucs needed this year.

Agreed. Wouldn't be too surprised to see him get a contract extension too. :cheers:

And, a lot of players still enjoy taking their families - or their O-lines - out to Hawaii for the Glitz and Glamor. It's as close to the SB as a lot of these guys get in terms of adulation and attention. I know a coupla guys who've been. They say it's a blast. Nobody's looking to kill the other guy. Some easy money, a lot of fun, get to hang with guys you ordinarily can't/don't and a good way to treat the family that put up with your BS schedule all year. Bottom line, it's a free trip to Hawaii in the coldest time of the year. Not exactly a horrible gig.

Think about it: You're Bills left tackle Jason Peters, you came into the league as an undrafted free agent playing tight end and, 4 years later you can either be in Buffalo in February, or Hawaii at the Pro-Bowl?

The only thing I don't like is I think it would be better for the league, the game, and the country if they rotated the pro-bowl like they rotate other all-star games. Hell, Hawaii's got enough tourist economy - and 80% of the country is Japanese anyway. The all-star game may not pull the bucks that the SB does, but it damn sure would pull in more jack to a struggling economny than the Thugs bring in at the NBA all-star game.

I understand HI doesn't get to see live pro football, but there's 26 states that don't have a professional franchise of ANY kind either. - even more that don't have an NFL team. Show some love to Nevada or Alabama or the tons of other states that have GREAT NFL fans. :lol:

Does anyone even watch it?

I agree, its a joke and pointless.

I understand HI doesn't get to see live pro football, but there's 26 states that don't have a professional franchise of ANY kind either. - even more that don't have an NFL team. Show some love to Nevada or Alabama or the tons of other states that have GREAT NFL fans. :lol:

Its hard enough to get the players to go to Hawai, lets see the # of no-shows for the Alabama game. :cheers:

I bet Derrick Anderson will get added to the team too because I doubt Brady will go considering he was seen in a cast early this week. That should be a good enough excuse for him to pull out...

Good for Anderson because I think he should've gotten voted in over Roethlisberger anyway...

The only thing I don't like is I think it would be better for the league, the game, and the country if they rotated the pro-bowl like they rotate other all-star games. Hell, Hawaii's got enough tourist economy - and 80% of the country is Japanese anyway. The all-star game may not pull the bucks that the SB does, but it damn sure would pull in more jack to a struggling economny than the Thugs bring in at the NBA all-star game.

Ummmmm. Wiff, unless I missed something, Hawaii is still a state :wall:

<_<

Good for Anderson because I think he should've gotten voted in over Roethlisberger anyway...

One of these QB's had to be left out

4040 yards, 31 TD's, 14 picks, 98 QB rating

3200 yards, 32 TD's, 11 picks, 104 QB rating

3800 yards, 29 TD's 19 picks, 82.5 QB rating

Ummmmm. Wiff, unless I missed something, Hawaii is still a state <_<

:mad:

I meant country as in "the land" you know, like Country Music or "this is huntin' country"

Not buying it? Me neither. Yeah, I focked up. :wall:

Might as well be another country though. Filled with ferriners and such.

You'd think with an all expense paid trip to Hawaii and plus you get a fat game check win or lose would motivate them some. I wish more guys would go, one good thing about Peyton is he always goes to the Pro-Bowl regardless of winning or getting embarassed in the playoffs. Despite the fact that he's been there 100 times.

Free stuff and a paycheck. Do you think Peyton would miss it?

Hey, at least now the chances of the NFC losing the game with a late 4th quarter or OT interception are decreased significantly. :cheers:

Not that I ever watch the Pro Bowl (I'd rather watch celebrity women's pingpong), I would change the format and make it rookies against sophomores.

The current format is :sleep: