Sign in to follow this  
Eagles Green

Is this the end of the Pats domination?

We all know what happens to the team that loses the SB. With Spygate looming, Moss possibly leaving, Bellicheat a year long suspension, aging players. This really may be the begining of the end.

aging players.

Their O-line and offensive core is pretty young, i hope the Pats dynasty is over, but i just dont know. I could see them putting together another run.

We all know what happens to the team that loses the SB. With Spygate looming, Moss possibly leaving, Bellicheat a year long suspension, aging players. This really may be the begining of the end.

Is Belichick getting a one year suspension? I wouldn't be complaining.

Unfortunately no. They'll come back next year, and as long as they DON'T have a perfect record, I'll be happy. The Patriots are a solid team and I'll give them that. It's just the overall attitude of the team that makes me angry.

I think it will be the begining of the end. But they do play inthe AFC Least division. So they will always have a chance.

This loss is going to haunt them all off season. They were so close to making history.

What they used to do to everyone else actually happened to them this time. They scored late in the game to take the lead but when they did so actually left too much time on the clock, and MVP Eli Manning made them pay.

I thought the Patriots dynasty was dying when they traded Branch and released Vinatari, along with some other big name players in the same year.... nope. Although throughout the Patriots run (Tom Brady era), the AFC East has pretty much sucked, but I expect the Dolphins, Bills and Jets to improve in the near future.

I doubt they will reach Eagles level, but we will see.

If making fun of the Eagles helps you cope with the BIGGEST CHOKE in Super Bowl history, then have at it.

It wasn't a shot at the pats, it was an actual question.

This one isn't so simple. You can't just say "they'll be back again next year". This loss was an absolutely crushing blow that's going to affect this team for a long time. It's going to be a very long and bitter off-season for the Pats. We'll have to wait and see how they come back from such a great season that ended so empty.

Domination?

Last 3 superbowl winners:

Steelers

Colts

Giants

They'll be right in the thick of things for year's to come. Assuming they resign Moss pretty much the whole offense comes back intact and a healthy Sammie Morris and David Thomas should also help. That's still an elite unit even though it got owned tonight. Defensively the D line is in great shape. How good they are as a unit will depend on what goes on in their back eight. They need help at ILB and if Samuel departs than CB is a major issue because Hobbs is average at best and there's nothing else in the pipeline. Overall they're in decent shape with the cap and they have the #7 pick in the draft as well as two #3's so I see no reason as why they're not one of the best teams in the NFL although as stated that back eight will need some work this offseason.

Domination?

Last 3 superbowl winners:

Steelers

Colts

Giants

4 SB appearances in 7 years (3-1)

Yeah, that's dominance.

This one isn't so simple. You can't just say "they'll be back again next year". This loss was an absolutely crushing blow that's going to affect this team for a long time. It's going to be a very long and bitter off-season for the Pats. We'll have to wait and see how they come back from such a great season that ended so empty.

Unfortunately last year's season ended with a crushing defeat as well. This team has too many leaders (and talent) to go into the tank. They'll lick their wounds and be right back in the middle of things next year.

They'll be right in the thick of things for year's to come. Assuming they resign Moss pretty much the whole offense comes back intact and a healthy Sammie Morris and David Thomas should also help. That's still an elite unit even though it got owned tonight. Defensively the D line is in great shape. How good they are as a unit will depend on what goes on in their back eight. They need help at ILB and if Samuel departs than CB is a major issue because Hobbs is average at best and there's nothing else in the pipeline. Overall they're in decent shape with the cap and they have the #7 pick in the draft as well as two #3's so I see no reason as why they're not one of the best teams in the NFL although as stated that back eight will need some work this offseason.

I forgot about Samuel.

They could lose Samuel, Moss, Stallworth, Gaffney, Seau.

They really could be focked.

Super Bowl losers usually don't do well next year, But I have a feeling this team might break that mold... As the chip is still now on the, you know, the part that connects the arm to the body... MB

The Patriots haven't been the same since the Eagles game.

And they should have lost the Ravens game.

The turning point of the Giants season was NOT SITTING their starters in week 16 and playing the Patriots hard.

They have had crushing playoff losses for 3 straight years. That has not slowed em down.

They will be back and competitive. Pretty nice schedule next year and a 7th pick.

Moss will resign. Samuel and Colvin are probably the biggest question marks. They have failed to get consistent pressure on the QB this year ever since Colven went ti IR.

Samuel had a great year but letting a sure INT slip through his mitts to ice the game could hurt him.

Unfortunately last year's season ended with a crushing defeat as well. This team has too many leaders (and talent) to go into the tank. They'll lick their wounds and be right back in the middle of things next year.

Please tell me you're not comparing the Pats season this year to last year b/c there's no comparison. A year like this has never happened before. 18-1 is a 1st.

Super Bowl loser usually don't do well next year, But I have a felling this team might break that mold... As the chip is still now on the, you know, the part that connects the arm to the body... MB

Osi and Strahan took care of that chip.

It is going to be a long offseason for the Pats.

I can't wait for the Celtics to fold. :cry:

I forgot about Samuel.

They could lose Samuel, Moss, Stallworth, Gaffney, Seau.

They really could be focked.

The Patriots always figure it out. They have proven as much over the years regardless of who they have lost. They have been in this position before. LB is a big area to watch because playing LB for the Pats is very difficult and I don't think there's a big pool of players that can step in and do what they ask of in that position.

Samuel is huge because I don't know how you replace him. He's a legit #1 who's just hitting his prime. Expecting a rookie to step in as a #1 isn't a wise move. If Hobbs were better than you could bring in a solid veteran but with Hobbs regressing this year it really makes this situation dicey. They better have something in mind if they let him walk because this area could give them some big exposure.

As for Moss I'd be totally blown away if he's not a Patriot next year. It's a good situation for both parties and I think you'll see him get a very good deal that doesn't hurt their cap.

Please tell me you're not comparing the Pats season this year to last year b/c there's no comparison. A year like this has never happened before. 18-1 is a 1st.

What I said was that 2006 ended with a crushing defeat and they bounced back to be even better in 2007. While this game was incredibly painful the Colt loss wasn't too far behind. It was another game where they let a championship opportunity slip by. Granted they weren't undefeated but it was a brutal way for a season to end.

We all know how the NFL changes quickly..yet on paper the Pats have a very easy schedule next year.

Total record of 2008 opponents in 2007: 99-157

Pats in 2008

Home

Buffalo (7-9 in '07)

Miami (1-15)

N.Y. Jets (4-12)

Denver (7-9)

Kansas City (4-12)

Arizona (8-8)

St. Louis (3-13)

Pittsburgh (10-6)

Away

Buffalo (7-9)

Miami (1-15)

N.Y. Jets (4-12)

Oakland (4-12)

San Diego (11-5)

San Francisco (5-11)

Seattle (10-6)

Indianapolis (13-3)

As compared to the Colts in 2008:

Total record of 2008 opponents in 2007 Total record: 152-104

Indianapolis in 2008

Home

Houston (8-8 in '07)

Jacksonville (11-5)

Tennessee (10-6)

Baltimore (5-11)

Cincinnati (7-9)

Chicago (7-9)

Detroit (7-9)

New England (16-0)

Away

Houston (8-8)

Jacksonville (11-5)

Tennessee (10-6)

Cleveland (10-6)

Pittsburgh (10-6)

Green Bay (13-3)

Minnesota (8-8)

San Diego (11-5)

I think that the Patriots will win the AFC East and be a serious contender for the AFC Championship. Anyone want to disagree?

I wish I could disagree but I cant. Of course they will contend for the AFC, they always do.

I wish I could disagree but I cant. Of course they will contend for the AFC, they always do.

Well, they did not make the playoffs in 2002, so it is a possibility. I will bet that the Giants miss out (barely). :dunno:

We all know how the NFL changes quickly..yet on paper the Pats have a very easy schedule next year.

Pats in 2008

Home

Buffalo (7-9 in '07)

Miami (1-15)

N.Y. Jets (4-12)

Denver (7-9)

Kansas City (4-12)

Arizona (8-8)

St. Louis (3-13)

Pittsburgh (10-6)

Away

Buffalo (7-9)

Miami (1-15)

N.Y. Jets (4-12)

Oakland (4-12)

San Diego (11-5)

San Francisco (5-11)

Seattle (10-6)

Indianapolis (13-3)

Indianapolis in 2008

Home

Houston (8-8 in '07)

Jacksonville (11-5)

Tennessee (10-6)

Baltimore (5-11)

Cincinnati (7-9)

Chicago (7-9)

Detroit (7-9)

New England (16-0)

Away

Houston (8-8)

Jacksonville (11-5)

Tennessee (10-6)

Cleveland (10-6)

Pittsburgh (10-6)

Green Bay (13-3)

Minnesota (8-8)

San Diego (11-5)

The schedule does not matter. What matters is getting into the playoffs and playing well.

I think that the Patriots will win the AFC East and be a serious contender for the AFC Championship. Anyone want to disagree?

Easy tough guy. It's a little too soon to be thumping your chest don't you think?

Well, they did not make the playoffs in 2002, so it is a possibility. I will bet that the Giants miss out (barely). :(

:dunno:

Pats in 2008

Home

Buffalo (7-9 in '07)

Miami (1-15)

N.Y. Jets (4-12)

Denver (7-9)

Kansas City (4-12)

Arizona (8-8)

St. Louis (3-13)

Pittsburgh (10-6)

Away

Buffalo (7-9)

Miami (1-15)

N.Y. Jets (4-12)

Oakland (4-12)

San Diego (11-5)

San Francisco (5-11)

Seattle (10-6)

Indianapolis (13-3)

Indianapolis in 2008

Home

Houston (8-8 in '07)

Jacksonville (11-5)

Tennessee (10-6)

Baltimore (5-11)

Cincinnati (7-9)

Chicago (7-9)

Detroit (7-9)

New England (16-0)

Away

Houston (8-8)

Jacksonville (11-5)

Tennessee (10-6)

Cleveland (10-6)

Pittsburgh (10-6)

Green Bay (13-3)

Minnesota (8-8)

San Diego (11-5)

Everyone knows that the Pats division is a joke and Indy's division is tough. Deal with it.

Everyone knows that the Pats division is a joke and Indy's division is tough. Deal with it.

The AFC South went 1-3 in the playoffs this year. The played the AFC West which was crappy except for SD and the NFC South which was also crappy. I'm not saying that the AFCE was better than the AFCS but you have to take into account the unbalanced schedule.

The schedule does not matter. What matters is getting into the playoffs and playing well.

Good point