Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Jacobs or Bradshaw next season ?

What is the pick for the Giants RB ? Damn Bradshaw has out played Jacobs every time even looks like a stronger runner - DAMN. Just wondering for next season what the Giants do with Bradshaw - comtinue to use him as the Change of pace guy for Jacobs , make it a full on RBBC , or Make Bradshaw in the Tiki role and Jacobs back to being the short yardage / change of pace guy. IMO Bradshaw should be the starter then have Jacobs get the bulk of carries in the 4th qaurter when D's are tired. \

Damn this Giants team doesn't look like it's going anywhere ! Their O is in tact ! and their D only really loses likely Strahan with Tuck and that one DB ( forget his name ) looking like a future all world guy. Not a real giants fan but I am really impressed with how there future looks.

Offense

Eli - a top 10 maybe even a top 5 QB

Btadshaw/ Jacobs - has be considered a top level backfield

Plax a top tier WR

solid O line

2 really solid TE's

The best D line in football even if they lose Strahan

solid LB's

and emerging DB's ( though this is only area that might be a concern as this may of been a case where the DB's just got hot for a few games )

very strong ST

coaching - :pointstosky: I never thought much of coughlin but hard to argue with a title !

Dallas AND Philly had there Shot I think NYG will be on top of the NFC for a while ! and I don't think this is the last time we see a NYG / NE superbowl in coming years !

In a PPR league, I would like Bradshaw a bit more because he will catch more balls than Jacobs and has the bigger play potential; that being siad, Jacobs, as you point out, will be the goal line vulture which could negate the impact of both players. If If I had to choose, based on Jacobs injury history this past year, I'm rolling with Bradshaw.

Bradshaw is the man to have IMO. There was a long stretch there where Jacobs wasn't even in the game. I also gained a whole new amount of respect for Bradshaw when he flat out robbed that NE linebacker of the ball after Bradshaw fumbled it.

Also, FWIW, I'm not gonna overpay on Eli next year. There's a lot of hype about him right now, but I simply don't see him putting up kind of #'s that other QB's can put up. However, to me a lot will depend on Shockey...I hope they ship his azz out.

Bradshaw is the man to have IMO. There was a long stretch there where Jacobs wasn't even in the game. I also gained a whole new amount of respect for Bradshaw when he flat out robbed that NE linebacker of the ball after Bradshaw fumbled it.

Also, FWIW, I'm not gonna overpay on Eli next year. There's a lot of hype about him right now, but I simply don't see him putting up kind of #'s that other QB's can put up. However, to me a lot will depend on Shockey...I hope they ship his azz out.

I currently have him about 8th or 9th. a solid 7th - 9th round pick. Anyone that wants him in the 5th good luck !

I think they should pound away with Jacobs for 3 quarters and then bring in Bradshaw in the fourth and let him run all over the worn out defensive front. IMHO I think Jacobs will probably do the bulk of the work with Bradshaw as a change of pace. As long as Jacobs stays healthy that is.

I think it is RBBC until Bradshaw can fix his fumblitus. i the mean time i see jacobs wearing down the D and then bradshaw speeding on by. just like the end of the year. it seemed to work out well for them...don't forget about Ward...I think he did enough that the g-men can get something for him and contiune witht eh Jacob/bradshaw show.

I think it is RBBC until Bradshaw can fix his fumblitus. i the mean time i see jacobs wearing down the D and then bradshaw speeding on by. just like the end of the year. it seemed to work out well for them...don't forget about Ward...I think he did enough that the g-men can get something for him and contiune witht eh Jacob/bradshaw show.

Fumblitis? He has not had a fumbling problem since about week 3. I admittedly wasn't watching when the handoff exchange fumble occurred, so I do not know whether that was his fault or Manning's. Manning got the fumble in the stat book though, as QBs usually do in exchange issues. Bradshaw's only two fumbles during the regular season came in the return game, not coming out of the backfield. I think that he paid his dues for those early fumble problems by being inactive for a number of games during the season. That said I think it will stay the way it is, with Jacobs getting more carries early and Bradshaw getting more late.

I admittedly wasn't watching when the handoff exchange fumble occurred, so I do not know whether that was his fault or Manning's.

That one was definitely all Bradshaw.

That one was definitely all Bradshaw.

Where you been Parja? Agreed, definitely Bradshaws fault, but damn, he friggin ripped the ball out of a linebackers hands to get it back. boy is strong for 5' 9"

I picked up Jacobs thinking he would be THE man in NYG this year, but for most of the season, D. Ward was even outplaying him. I think this is a big question in the offseason given that Bradshaw seemed to just blow up in the offseason. D. Ward's a FA I believe. I bet he's gone. I think this is one more RB situation that I'm gonig to have to avoid next year. Don't see any way to win with these two.

Brandon Jacobs - 1300+ total yards and 10td's

That's with him missing 6 games also. Call me crazy, but those are late first round/early 2nd round #'s. I see Jacobs going anywhere from the 10th spot to the 16th spot.

Ahmad Bradshaw, Julius Jones, Jerious Norwood, Ladell Betts, Deangelo Williams, Selvin Young, Justin Fargas, Maurice Morris and so forth. Take your pick is all I have to say. It's a total crapshoot.

i couldnt give 2 shiits about the fantasy implications this could have, as long as the giants keep on winning thats all i care about..yes im a giants fan, im a tad cocky today, but who can blame me

I currently have him about 8th or 9th. a solid 7th - 9th round pick. Anyone that wants him in the 5th good luck !

Anyone that wants him in the 8th or 9th good luck with that.

Shuab and cutler will both be available after him, and both may not be as good as QB's, but both are in better situations to put up better fantasy numbers next year.

Brandon Jacobs - 1300+ total yards and 10td's. That's with him missing 6 games also.

Are those totals are for the regular season plus the playoffs? In the regular season only, I think he only had about 1185yds (rush+rec) and 6tds. Even so, I agree with your point: his per-game averages are pretty impressive, and if he hadn't missed a few games he'd be a top-10 RB. But he still worries me because (1) he missed so many games, and (2) he seems to be facing some decent competition from Bradshaw. On the other hand, Bradshaw really didn't have any impact until the last game of the regular season.

I give up -- I don't know what to make of Jacobs.

Where you been Parja? Agreed, definitely Bradshaws fault, but damn, he friggin ripped the ball out of a linebackers hands to get it back. boy is strong for 5' 9"

He also carried a DT down the field for a couple of yards early in the game. Kid runs real hard for a smaller back. I think its RBBC next season, but Bradshaw is the superior back as he is a complete package.

Jacobs is the starter, Bradshaw is the COP. I thought it was interesting that Jacobs played most of the passing downs (if nobody else noticed). I'd like to see him get involved in the passing game a little more because DB's can't bring him down 1 on 1.

My prediction would be 60/40

anyone mentioning Ward must be confused. Almost no way Giants re-sign him unless he takes a vet min contract. Not enough roster spots when you account for Droughns, Bradshaw, and Jacobs on the active roster. They also have Danny Ware who showed glimpses of being a dynamic back early on at Georgia. Similar story to Ward- claimed of NYJets PS...can you imagine if they also had Ryan Grant?

Jacobs is the starter, Bradshaw is the COP. I thought it was interesting that Jacobs played most of the passing downs (if nobody else noticed). I'd like to see him get involved in the passing game a little more because DB's can't bring him down 1 on 1.

anyone mentioning Ward must be confused. Almost no way Giants re-sign him unless he takes a vet min contract. Not enough roster spots when you account for Droughns, Bradshaw, and Jacobs on the active roster. They also have Danny Ware who showed glimpses of being a dynamic back early on at Georgia. Similar story to Ward- claimed of NYJets PS...can you imagine if they also had Ryan Grant?

Danny Ware had a great pre-season for the Jets, I was pissed they let him get snatched off the PS.

Agree on Ward he's a RFA and I think the Giants let him test the market. If he does come back he'll get a few carries and return kicks but will not be a mjor contributer barring injuries imo.

Jacobs isn't involved in the passing game because he cannot catch. He was in the top 10 in the NFL with 8 dropped passes and he only had 38 targets.

I don't think it is as clear cut as starter and change of pace. While I think that Jacobs is the "starter", Bradshaw will get about 40% of the carries, and mostly in the second half. I suppose maybe you could call him the "closer"?

Danny Ware had a great pre-season for the Jets, I was pissed they let him get snatched off the PS.

Agree on Ward he's a RFA and I think the Giants let him test the market. If he does come back he'll get a few carries and return kicks but will not be a mjor contributer barring injuries imo.

yeah, Ward may get a 3rd round tender but I doubt it...I just can't see putting a lot of money into an injury prone guy. Then again, he played well and could be worth a mil a year and roster spot just as injury insurance. Maybe they let Droughns walk :music_guitarred: