Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Guns. What you got?

why do they collect guns? you can only shoot 1 at a time, why the need for more?

Do you mean you never saw the Patriot??? When you all need me, I'll protect you all after I teach you how to reload for me. Never FEAR!!!! :thumbsdown:

Do you mean you never saw the Patriot??? When you all need me, I'll protect you all after I teach you how to reload for me. Never FEAR!!!! :thumbsdown:

without guns we wouldn't in iraq. we'd be able to feed the poor and have free gov't health care. I'm all about turning things

which are evil into things that are good.

without guns we wouldn't in iraq. we'd be able to feed the poor and have free gov't health care. I'm all about turning things

which are evil into things that are good.

Then join Richard Simmons and start "Sweatin'To The Oldies!" :thumbsdown:

Then join Richard Simmons and start "Sweatin'To The Oldies!" :thumbsdown:

If you own a gun you're just making up for other areas you lack. 8=>

:thumbsdown:

Your banging your head, but i would say the risk is greater of me getting killed fishing, or hurt bad skiing, than while hunting. I hear of people drowning all the time, the guys from my highschool(they were about 20-22 at the time) flipped on high flow on the yellowstone river. There was a guy that recently drowned while wade fishing in a creek, that i have fished a fair bit, and i couldnt figure that one out. These are real situations that i do in other hobbies, where i have a risk of injury/death as well. Why does the fact that the risk in hunting involves a gun, make it a worse of a hobby?

You're SUCH a queer. :thumbsdown:

troof hurts huh?

guns are evil. eod

You have got to be the biggest ###### on this board, maybe 2nd to GFIAFP.

http://deerimpacts.blogspot.com/2008/01/mo...urban-deer.html

If you’re adding this up, you know we’ve already spent $65,000, all public funds, on targeting these 50 deer or $1,300 per deer. And many more thousands will be spent. The city must hold public hearings and plans to lobby the legislature to pay for its deer reduction plan. I doubt the police department has special urban deer-killing equipment, so we have to buy it. And by the way, I’m a bit stressed about my police force out baiting and killing deer when they should be catching child predators, closing down meth labs, or busting those punks who prowl around Helena slashing tires and shooting out car windows with air pistols.

Most cities have urban deer populations. In Helena, we host as many as 700 deer, both whitetails and muleys. These are not country deer coming into the city for a geranium treat now and then. These are third or fourth generation city deer born, raised and reproducing within the city limits, deer that have probably never heard a rifle shot or seen a hunter. They’ve become habituated to humankind for a simple reason.

Plan A was to kill 350, but the Fish and Game Commission, the board that sets policy for the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks (FWP), rejected this proposal. At a later meeting, though, the commission agreed to allow the city to kill 50

Thankfully its not this bad where i live in bozeman, montana. I do hunt deer close to town(with a shotgun). They allow hunting with blackpowder, shotgun with slug, or bow, right up to city limits, and thankfully our city has better zoning laws. Although it was still hard for me to keep a garden. Last year the deer did get them once.

I know what deer management would be under rattlesnake, our taxpayer dollars and our cars.

Sales of Vermont hunting and fishing licenses have dropped more than 20 percent over the past 20 years, leaving the Fish and Wildlife Department pleading with lawmakers for more money.

Other states report similar drop-offs:

* Arkansas hunting license sales dropped from about 345,000 in 1999 to about 319,000 in 2003.

* Pennsylvania sold about 946,000 hunting licenses in 2006, down from just over a million in 1999, and a peak of 1.3 million in 1981.

* Oregon had 100,000 fewer licensed anglers last year than in 1987, and 70,000 fewer licensed hunters.

* West Virginia sold 154,763 resident hunting permits in 2006, a 17 percent decrease from 1997.

The trend means trouble for some fish and wildlife agencies, which use license revenue to finance preservation programs for endangered species like peregrine falcons, bald eagles and loons. Game wardens also help with law enforcement, joining searches for lost hikers and skiers.

Your banging your head, but i would say the risk is greater of me getting killed fishing, or hurt bad skiing, than while hunting. I hear of people drowning all the time, the guys from my highschool(they were about 20-22 at the time) flipped on high flow on the yellowstone river. There was a guy that recently drowned while wade fishing in a creek, that i have fished a fair bit, and i couldnt figure that one out. These are real situations that i do in other hobbies, where i have a risk of injury/death as well. Why does the fact that the risk in hunting involves a gun, make it a worse of a hobby?

Nobody ever killed his wife and kids with a fishing pole.

Nobody ever killed his wife and kids with a fishing pole.

I am talking hunting, not stupid people, they would just strangle them, crazy people have killed long before guns.

I am talking hunting, not stupid people, they would just strangle them, crazy people have killed long before guns.

Too many innocents die from accidental gun deaths. It's time this society moved into the 21st century

I have a gun. Just one gun. And my gun produced 5 daughters.

God must hate you.

Says the guy who posts pictures of his big, beefy muscles. :cry:

Please tell me you're just playing devil's advocate in this thread.

Too many innocents die from accidental gun deaths. It's time this society moved into the 21st century

The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188.

http://www.rense.com/general62/gns.htm

or .0188%

or 1 in 5300.

I believe we should take measures to decrease that number, really cracking down on parents that dont lock guns up, and an an advertising campaign stating just that.

Also stricter laws when it comes to alcohal and guns together, in fact any law would be good.

And more manditory gun education. I think everyone should have a quarter of year of it. I lived in 2 different school districts that had manditory gun education at different times, the first one was in 7th grade, the other school disctrict did it at 9th grade. I believe that it had a positive influence on how guns were handled, and believe that this should be implimented threwout the country.

What a flaming Sissy! I should have realized it though!

Says the guy who posts pictures of his big, beefy muscles. :cry:

Please tell me you're just playing devil's advocate in this thread.

so you want a cack pic? I offered before

Gin saves me .

whatever it takes to keep you sane witth 5 girls man.

so you want a cack pic? I offered before

Hey Me_2006 watch out. I think GettnHuge wants to take you out hunt'n :cry:

Hey Me_2006 watch out. I think GettnHuge wants to take you out hunt'n :overhead:

as long as we don't have to work out first. :music_guitarred: