Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

chad johnsons value if hes traded

first id like to point out that as a fantasy wr i think chad is inconsistent and overrated every year and doesnt score enuff tds for my taste. that said, where will he go to get the biggest fantasy boost? and where would the worst places for him be?

best place: philly- see terrell owens first year as an eagle. donovan needs a wr and chad would be great as his guy and actually i think might break 10 tds there for a change. id actually bump him up a few spots in drafts if he landed here

worst place: chicago- adding a wr doesnt guarantee a spark in the offense. just like randy moss in oakland its not that simple. he should drop a few rounds in drafts if he lands here

others to consider: baltimore- needs a great wr like none other and would be cool but might be like chicago until they get a dependable qb under center. oakland- i think this is silly and they have javon already but it couldnt hurt.

Dallas would be a great spot for him. Basically the same scenario only with an even better WR opposite him. There would be NO way to cover both he and TO. Although the locker room chemistry would be nonexistant in all likelyhood, making both WRs extremely risky picks, IMO.

Dallas would be a great spot for him. Basically the same scenario only with an even better WR opposite him. There would be NO way to cover both he and TO. Although the locker room chemistry would be nonexistant in all likelyhood, making both WRs extremely risky picks, IMO.

If he goes to Dallas, Witten becomes a god. :thumbsup:

If he goes to Dallas, Witten becomes a god. :thumbsup:

and Romo goes in the first round. Seriously. I make him the number one QB on my board if 85 goes to the Cowboys.

If he goes to Dallas, Witten becomes a god. :unsure:

So you're saying if Chad goes to Dallas, Witten will put up better numbers than he did last year?

96 catches for 1,150 yards and 7 Td's for a Tight End is a little "GOD"ly to begin with

So you're saying if Chad goes to Dallas, Witten will put up better numbers than he did last year?

96 catches for 1,150 yards and 7 Td's for a Tight End is a little "GOD"ly to begin with

I agree, I understand the logic of thinking with T.O. & Chad that Witten wouldn't be planned for but at the same time with T.O. & Chad there to gobble receptions I don't think Witten's #s would be as good as they were last year, let alone better. T.O., Chad & Witten all lose a little value IMO- Romo's value is the only one that would improve: at least for me.

I feel like there would be other teams out there like Washington or Philly that would be a little more desperate to have a stud WR. Teams like this will probably be willing to give up more than Dallas, which already has a good WR core in T.O, Terry Glenn, Witten, and Crayton ( who might even have one or two more huge games if glen comes back healthy and can divert even more attention from him... you never know!)

Anyway, don't get me wrong, anything is possible. Cowboys fans will probably pee their pants if that happens, but I just see Dallas focusing more attention on something like their running game.

The redskins offered 2 first round draft picks for Chad Johnson, and the bengals turned them down, according to Chris Mortenson.

Also both Dallas and Philly made offers for Chad Johnson, but neither of those teams came close to the offer the redskins made.

The redskins offered 2 first round draft picks for Chad Johnson, and the bengals turned them down, according to Chris Mortenson.

Also both Dallas and Philly made offers for Chad Johnson, but neither of those teams came close to the offer the redskins made.

Now that is the dumbest offer I have ever seen. Wait maybe it is equal to the Dallas/ Seattle Joey Galloway trade.

If Philly doesn't make a a huge big for 85 they are as stupid as I think they are !!

If Philly doesn't make a a huge big for 85 they are as stupid as I think they are !!

You think philly should offer more than

How serious are the Cincinnati Bengals about not giving in to Chad Johnson's trade demands?

Serious enough to swat away an offer from the Washington Redskins that could have netted the Bengals two first round draft picks, team and league sources said.

The Redskins offered this year's first round pick, No. 21 overall, and a conditional third rounder in 2009 that could escalate to a first rounder if Johnson and the Redskins hit certain performance levels, the sources said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

The Redskins offered this year's first round pick, No. 21 overall, and a conditional third rounder in 2009 that could escalate to a first rounder if Johnson and the Redskins hit certain performance levels, the sources said.

If I were Cinn. I would have jumped at this offer.

HOLY SHAT! :cry: I'm glad the bungles turned my Skins down. It's crazy that they would though...it's the same reason they suck every year too.

Huge cap hit for trading Johnson and having to pay another first-round rookie salary were probably the reasons why the Bengals turned them down.

How come everyone always complains that the players have too much power in demanding trades, but then slam the teams when they don't trade those players? the Bengals are making a statement. While they could certainly use the draft picks, it would also set a precedent for all the other players on their team when they decide they don't like their situation.

Huge cap hit for trading Johnson and having to pay another first-round rookie salary were probably the reasons why the Bengals turned them down.

How come everyone always complains that the players have too much power in demanding trades, but then slam the teams when they don't trade those players? the Bengals are making a statement. While they could certainly use the draft picks, it would also set a precedent for all the other players on their team when they decide they don't like their situation.

No, the Bungals are a shiit organization. Are you really telling me that they can't trade Johnson because of a 8 million dollar cap hit? C'mon, first of all, they are way under the cap and secondly they are getting more value than he is even worth. It has nothing to do with the Bungals taking a stand, it's the Bungals being focking cheap. If the Bungals wanted to take a stand they would have fired Marvin Lewis by now but they won't because they don't want to pay the rest of his contract. That's just how they do business there.

85 and Drew Rosenhaus know that the cap hit the bengals would take if he was traded. If chad really wants to get traded as bad as he says he wants to get traded he will do what moss did last year, and cut his salary so he can be traded. But he wont, cause 85 is just an attention ######, he doesnt care how good of team he plays on next year, as long as he is in the news now.

Let's assume Cincy eventually gives in and sends him to Washington, what does that do to his value as a fantasy receiver? There are obviously more pros than cons for him with the Bengals (better QB, pass first offense) but he would be the clear #1 in Wash. and Campbell has shown some potential. How far does he drop in the rankings if he's a Redskin next year?

If the Skins want him throw the 1st rounder and S. Moss at em - I can't see how the bengals could balk at that ! They could use the draft pick to get a DL or a LB which they desperatley need and get a solid #2 WR in Moss.

I don't actually think its that big of a hit. Its $8 million, which can actually be spread out over two years, so $4 million a year. That is frankly chump change in the big scheme of things. One of the owners is quoted as saying this regarding the hit:

Additionally, as one owner who wished to remain anonymous told ESPN.com, "There's nothing wrong with dead money. It's cash already paid and it's cash back in your pocket that you don't have to spend, especially with the [high] amount of everyone's salary cap these days."

So I don't think there is any worry about the cap hit. Honestly, I can't believe they balked at the Washington offer. They are basically buying a first round draft pick for this year and next @ $4 million each. The fact that they are removing a major locker-room/PR liability is gravy.

Stupid decision IMHO.

EDIT: I also think Chad would be pretty disappointed once he didn't have a stud QB throwing to him AND a marquee WR lining up on the other side of the ine to pull defenses off a bit. No Palmer + no TJ = Ocho Mediocro

What would you think about 85 in Seattle? I know it's extremely unlikely that Holmgren would part with whatever Cinci would need to trade CJ, but how do you think he'd do there? Seattle really needs a #1 WR so it seems like CJ might fit the bill.