Sign in to follow this  
jaguilar2549

Peterson vs Addai

I have had Addai on my fantasy team the past two years. I would take Peterson in a heartbeat over him. One, the Colts will probably wrap up a playoff spot early and then start pulling guys in the first quarter of games right in the middle of the fantasy playoffs and championship games. Plus, Addai always seems to come out for a breather when the Colts get inside the 10 yard line. Drove me fockin nuts last year. Plus he has shown a penchant for getting nicked up here and there and missing time. I like Addai and would draft him again but given the choice between the two, I would take Peterson for the reasons stated above and the fact that he has much more big play potential as Addai simply doesn't bust long TD runs.

I have had Addai on my fantasy team the past two years. I would take Peterson in a heartbeat over him. One, the Colts will probably wrap up a playoff spot early and then start pulling guys in the first quarter of games right in the middle of the fantasy playoffs and championship games. Plus, Addai always seems to come out for a breather when the Colts get inside the 10 yard line. Drove me fockin nuts last year. Plus he has shown a penchant for getting nicked up here and there and missing time. I like Addai and would draft him again but given the choice between the two, I would take Peterson for the reasons stated above and the fact that he has much more big play potential as Addai simply doesn't bust long TD runs.

To me, Addai is the safer choice, he's gonna get you nearly a 100 yrds and possible a TD each week. But Flahawker is right, he does seem to get pulled at the most inopportune times. Given a choice, I take Peterson as well.

In my first post, I would like to say hello to the board. I have read these forums for a couple years and have finally gotten an account.

So HELLO ALL :unsure:

On the question in this thread, my only concern with Peterson is how healthy can he stay. The others are right, Addai does get pulled a lot when the Colts get closer, but honestly, they don't have many options right now and with what Kenton Keith did to mess things up, my guess is, Addai gets more of a chance in those areas. NOW, if Shaun Alexander were to get signed by the Colts as the double back combo of Addai and him, I would go Peterson in a heart beat, even though I am a Colts fan. (Yes, the Shaun thing is a hope of mine, not sure how much hope, but hope.) Soooo.....

If you want a safe person, I would go Addai

If you want a gamble with more of a potential "the next LT", I would go Peterson.

I only ask because I drew the 3rd pick for our draft; I figure LT and Brady will go 1 and 2. I agree that Peterson has a bigger up side, but do you guys think that he might hit the "sophmore wall"? It has hurt Peterson faceing 8/9 man fronts, but Addai isn't taking advantage of what he has. This is why I love and hate Fantasy Football.

I only ask because I drew the 3rd pick for our draft; I figure LT and Brady will go 1 and 2. I agree that Peterson has a bigger up side, but do you guys think that he might hit the "sophmore wall"? It has hurt Peterson faceing 8/9 man fronts, but Addai isn't taking advantage of what he has. This is why I love and hate Fantasy Football.

Brady 2??!?!?

I would go against the popular opinion here and go addai, mainly cause i hate drafting the handcuff in the 5th-6th round like you are going to have to do with AP, with addai i can wait untill the 16th round to handcuff. 5th/6th rounders is a QB 6-12 QB or a 3-6 TE, or a 15-20 WR. So thats what you give up when you go AP.

In my first post, I would like to say hello to the board. I have read these forums for a couple years and have finally gotten an account.

So HELLO ALL :unsure:

On the question in this thread, my only concern with Peterson is how healthy can he stay. The others are right, Addai does get pulled a lot when the Colts get closer, but honestly, they don't have many options right now and with what Kenton Keith did to mess things up, my guess is, Addai gets more of a chance in those areas. NOW, if Shaun Alexander were to get signed by the Colts as the double back combo of Addai and him, I would go Peterson in a heart beat, even though I am a Colts fan. (Yes, the Shaun thing is a hope of mine, not sure how much hope, but hope.) Soooo.....

If you want a safe person, I would go Addai

If you want a gamble with more of a potential "the next LT", I would go Peterson.

I see him going #2. Maybe even #1. He had (2) 200 yard games last year as a rookie. Not to mention the 296 yards in a game. He had 1300 yards and 13 TDs as a rookie. I am in a dynasty and would take him ahead of LT if you are looking ahead. I also like Addai, but dont see him as explosive as All Day. That's just my 2 cents.

One consideration that I think gives AP the edge is Minny's run D. It's been so tough to run against them in the past couple of years, their O gets more possessions. They don't allow too many 8-9 minute drives (even though their pass D can give up some 1 minute drives).

There is no way I would take Addai #3. I have Peterson, Westbrook, Jackson and Barber all rated ahead of him in PPR leagues. Go with Peterson, he has much more upside.

meh, I guess I'll go against most of the posters above and say I'd rather have Addai. In my league (2-man keeper) I have Addai, so maybe I am biased. However, our league is head to head each week, not total points. As such I prefer a guy like Addai that will almost always get you a total of 100 yards (rush and rec.) and many times a TD. Consistency is what I look for with my first pick. ADP really frightens me with his balls-to-the-wall style of running. Someone above posted that Addai has shown he can get nicked up, but I'd say Peterson has shown that as well, probably more so. Also, I would say that as he develops more in Indy, Addai will learn to keep himself in more and more. Indy is always in scoring position, and Manning has shown he has no worries passing to Addai as well. I just think Addai will have more chance to score and I could see him getting 20 TD's this year. Throw in, as a last point, that you have to also compare their backups for stealing carries, and its not even close. Chester blows Keith out of the water and warrants taking legitimate carries from Peterson.

Either way, if you are picking third I see no way that Peterson drops to you.

Brady 2??!?!?

I would go against the popular opinion here and go addai, mainly cause i hate drafting the handcuff in the 5th-6th round like you are going to have to do with AP, with addai i can wait untill the 16th round to handcuff. 5th/6th rounders is a QB 6-12 QB or a 3-6 TE, or a 15-20 WR. So thats what you give up when you go AP.

So you think AD owners would need to draft Chester Taylor in the 5th/6th round? That's rediculous.

So you think AD owners would need to draft Chester Taylor in the 5th/6th round? That's rediculous.

No its not, its about where his ADP is going to be in redrafts. Talk to me in august. Right now his adp is in high 7/early 8th round.

No its not, its about where his ADP is going to be in redrafts. Talk to me in august. Right now his adp is in high 7/early 8th round.

I didn't mean to be insulting by using the word ridiculous, but even if you do believe in the handcuff theory, 5th/6th is too high for Chester Taylor. The only handcuff that ever warranted that high of ADP going into the season was Larry Johnson. That was because the KC O-Line was so good you could plug any RB in there (even Derrick Blaylock) and they would get 5 yards down the field before they were touched. The Vikings line is good, but not great. You can't just plug Taylor into that system and expect AD numbers. 7th/8th sounds about right to me. Anything higher would be overpaying in my opinion.

I didn't mean to be insulting by using the word ridiculous, but even if you do believe in the handcuff theory, 5th/6th is too high for Chester Taylor. The only handcuff that ever warranted that high of ADP going into the season was Larry Johnson. That was because the KC O-Line was so good you could plug any RB in there (even Derrick Blaylock) and they would get 5 yards down the field before they were touched. The Vikings line is good, but not great. You can't just plug Taylor into that system and expect AD numbers. 7th/8th sounds about right to me. Anything higher would be overpaying in my opinion.

If you are an ADP owner and go for C. Taylor in the 8th you will miss out on him. I think Taylor has some real value and people will be looking to take him before the ADP owner does. The Minn. run production is not that unlike KC's was and I remember games last year when Taylor out produced ADP. He also put up good numbers when ADP was hurt. I think when to draft Taylor is an important question this year and it should be revisited in August. Right now I plan to draft C. Taylor even if I don’t have ADP

At this point my RB and overall rankings are

1) LT

2) Westbrook

3) S. Jackson

4) Addai

5) Peterson

I do think its a very close call between Addai and Peterson with Peterson having considerably more upside but Addai being the safer option. But If Im picking third and your draft goes as you think it will I take Westbrook ALL day, especially in a PPR.

I would take Addai and not look back. To me your first pick should be a safe to sure thing. Addai is a safer pick to me than AP. AP is the sexy pick this year but minnesota as a team scares me. Colts offense is almost gold. Offensivly<sp> Minn has done nothing to improve if anything they stood still and we all no if you not going forward you are going backwards. Andas crazy ass this sounds I don,'t even have AP as a top 5 rb this year.

LT

Westbrook

Addai

S.Jackson

W.McGahee

I am not in a PPR, but I can understand the arguement for Westbrook going ahead of Addai and maybe even Portis, but Jackson? Not on my board.

Great argument here for either one. The upside pick is the best pure runner in football: Peterson. The best fit with team who will have strong production is Addai. The better offensive line is probably Minnesota's, but Indy has the balanced offense and this has always allowed them to run the ball.

The safer pick looks like Addai, but I think Peterson will be that much better a runner with a year to study the film.

I'd rather take the chance on Peterson.

I would take Peterson as well.

Another question without starting a new thread...

Addai or Jackson in a dynasty? I think Jackson is the better back, but Addai should be around the top of RBs each year that Manning is still under center.

I am not in a PPR, but I can understand the arguement for Westbrook going ahead of Addai and maybe even Portis, but Jackson? Not on my board.

Yea the obvious is westbrook in a ppr but I still feel in a non ppr league Westbrook value is second to only Tomlinson. He is the focus of the offense. He consisstantly gets he touches and yardage. I would say hejust the more consistant and safer pick. I feel in fantasy football so mant times the ability or talent of the rb is kinda of decieving. Jackson,AP may be more talented than Westbrook and Addai and what not. But what one can not overlook and thats the situation that Addai and Westbrook are in greatly out wieghs the talent in minn and st louis. I know we all can name a handful of RB that due fairly well in a bad offense we call it but never for long. Either the offence catches up and becomes more versatle like in SD when tomlinson first showed on seen compared to now. They are more Versatle having more than one weapon on offence. Carreer year for westbrook when TO on team did good this year even with injury to QB its a solid system. No need to explain the colts. As I stated Minn and St Louis has done nothing to improve their offences this year to be an upgrade from what they had last year. I like Jackson for the simple fact he is a good portion of their offense. AP is going to disappoint alot this year he may have a good year but not better than the 5 I have put in front of him