Sign in to follow this  
graphix28

Who's your sleeper D this year?

I like the Jets D this season. They were much improved over the 2nd half of last season after Harris was inserted into the starting line up following the Vilma injury. Now they added a bigger NT in Jenkins who is better suited for the 3-4, a solid 3-4 LB in C.Pace, and an edge rusher in Gholston. Revis, and K.Rhodes anchor what could be a pretty good secondary. Also if you play different defenses every week, they open against Miami. A team they swept last year, and are 16-4 against since 98

Not unless their sack total goes up a lot.

Not sleepers, but top of my list this year...Minny, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh

I like the Jets D this season. They were much improved over the 2nd half of last season after Harris was inserted into the starting line up following the Vilma injury. Now they added a bigger NT in Jenkins who is better suited for the 3-4, a solid 3-4 LB in C.Pace, and an edge rusher in Gholston. Revis, and K.Rhodes anchor what could be a pretty good secondary. Also if you play different defenses every week, they open against Miami. A team they swept last year, and are 16-4 against since 98

:shocking:

I'm going to go with a JETS/Green Bay rotation this year. The JETS when they play San Fran, Oakland, Miami, KC, etc. Packers when they play Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, etc. Pretty sure I'll be able to drop them back and forth as nobody will want either when they play teams like Indy, New England, Dallas, San Diego, etc.

Is it me or does this year seem like there is no clear cut top defenses that people will jump on early? Sorry but I'm not buying into Minnesota as the #1 overall defense, I look at the top 5 and I see no difference between them and the next 5 on the list.

Denver.

They were one of the worst last year, but they are going back to a familiar system, and upgraded a lot of positions. I think they'll be a top 10 defense this year, and they'll probably be free agents in many leagues based off of last years performance.

:doublethumbsup:

I'm going to go with a JETS/Green Bay rotation this year. The JETS when they play San Fran, Oakland, Miami, KC, etc. Packers when they play Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, etc. Pretty sure I'll be able to drop them back and forth as nobody will want either when they play teams like Indy, New England, Dallas, San Diego, etc.

You are right, the problem is that other owners will want them for the same games you do. I think if you play this strategy you will have to roster both of them.

I will just take a look at the schedules and an obvious sleeper will come out in whoever plays the NFC West and AFC East the most. There are some really bad QBs in those divisions that will swing the sack/turnover/pts against way up in fantasy points.

I will just take a look at the schedules and an obvious sleeper will come out in whoever plays the NFC West and AFC East the most. There are some really bad QBs in those divisions that will swing the sack/turnover/pts against way up in fantasy points.

What is your definition of a bad QB? Hasselbeck, Brady, Bulger, Warner/Leninart, Edwards are not what I would classify as bad QBs. Alex Smith is horrible and the Dolphins current situaion is bad. So basically two of those teams have bad QB situations. But to generalize it out the entire divisions? Flawed logic.

First post on this site, I personally like Minnesota. For starters 2 games against Detroit and Chicago, they also sometimes (not sure how often) use AD as a kick returner, and they just added the leagues top pass rusher to an already productive fantasy defense. They also have a productive run game that eats up the clock while the D stays fresh and off the field. I also don't see them running up the score on anybody making me think that the opposing team won't have to shoot it out either, just some thoughts. I haven't looked up their schedule yet, but that's the first defense I would consider, although the Pats look nice considering they apparently have the number one easiest schedule for a defense, and they'll probably know what the other teams plays are, haha.

First post on this site, I personally like Minnesota. For starters 2 games against Detroit and Chicago, they also sometimes (not sure how often) use AD as a kick returner, and they just added the leagues top pass rusher to an already productive fantasy defense. They also have a productive run game that eats up the clock while the D stays fresh and off the field. I also don't see them running up the score on anybody making me think that the opposing team won't have to shoot it out either, just some thoughts. I haven't looked up their schedule yet, but that's the first defense I would consider, although the Pats look nice considering they apparently have the number one easiest schedule for a defense, and they'll probably know what the other teams plays are, haha.

Welcome :P

last year Minnesota was a sleeper but not this year. I am sure most will have them in their top 3........... :huh: