Sign in to follow this  
Belushi

Why not Favre to Miami?

Jason Taylor is still grumbling that he wants out of Miami and to go to a contender. The Packers are certainly a contender (cue the Vikings, Lions, and Bears fans' responses), and while we're not lacking at DE, Taylor would be a boost. The Packers themselves have a disgruntled player who wants to leave. Miami could certainly use a better QB, and it wouldn't hurt Beck to sit one more year. It would also give the Miami fans something to cheer about this year, since otherwise they'll be a wreck. Seems to solve both team's problems. And I'm sure Parcells would love to have him.

Major sticking point is Favre. He won't want to go to Miami. But if I'm GB and I can get a deal worked out, I tell him its this or stay retired. They can't trade him to an NFC team and have this bite them in the butt, and no other AFC team has expressed an interest (although I think he'd give the Jets or Ravens a chance at the wild card).

I'm a big Favre fan, but this unretiring thing has certainly soured me. If he wants to come back, go to Miami where we can get something in return and there's almost 0% chance it will hurt the Packers for the next couple of years. Or, better yet, head back to your farm.

It's the offseason and there's not much to talk about, so slam away.

Favre has to file for reinstatement before anything can happen. No one should be talking about him.

Favre has to file for reinstatement before anything can happen. No one should be talking about him.

FAVRE YOU!!!!

I don't see the point from the Dolphins' perspective. They aren't going to contend this year, so why trade for Favre instead of developing Beck and/or Henne? On top of that, if they did make the deal for some reason Brett would probably just stay retired.

Jason Taylor is still grumbling that he wants out of Miami and to go to a contender. The Packers are certainly a contender (cue the Vikings, Lions, and Bears fans' responses), and while we're not lacking at DE, Taylor would be a boost. The Packers themselves have a disgruntled player who wants to leave. Miami could certainly use a better QB, and it wouldn't hurt Beck to sit one more year. It would also give the Miami fans something to cheer about this year, since otherwise they'll be a wreck. Seems to solve both team's problems. And I'm sure Parcells would love to have him.

Major sticking point is Favre. He won't want to go to Miami. But if I'm GB and I can get a deal worked out, I tell him its this or stay retired. They can't trade him to an NFC team and have this bite them in the butt, and no other AFC team has expressed an interest (although I think he'd give the Jets or Ravens a chance at the wild card).

I'm a big Favre fan, but this unretiring thing has certainly soured me. If he wants to come back, go to Miami where we can get something in return and there's almost 0% chance it will hurt the Packers for the next couple of years. Or, better yet, head back to your farm.

It's the offseason and there's not much to talk about, so slam away.

I'm guessing Miami would rather use a valuable trading chip - Taylor - to get something that will help their long term goals. Favre behind a poor o-line and throwing to below average WRs really doesn't do anything more for them than allowing Josh McCown to take some lumps this year or allowing Beck or Henne to learn on the job.

I don't see the point from the Dolphins' perspective. They aren't going to contend this year, so why trade for Favre instead of developing Beck and/or Henne? On top of that, if they did make the deal for some reason Brett would probably just stay retired.

Because it could help them be competitive this year. I don't think Parcells is looking 10 years down the road to make this team competitive, and Beck is still basically a rookie. They won't win anything, but having Favre around could make them 6-10, as opposed to 2-14. No one seems interested in giving them a high draft pick for Taylor, so this would be a good way to move Taylor and still keep the fans happy.

And keeping Brett retired is kind of GB's top priority.

Because it could help them be competitive this year. I don't think Parcells is looking 10 years down the road to make this team competitive, and Beck is still basically a rookie. They won't win anything, but having Favre around could make them 6-10, as opposed to 2-14. No one seems interested in giving them a high draft pick for Taylor, so this would be a good way to move Taylor and still keep the fans happy.

And keeping Brett retired is kind of GB's top priority.

If Parcells was smart (and he is) he'd rather go 2-14 than 6-10 - since he'd get the better draft choice. What does 6-10 get you? I also think you are over-estimating what Favre would bring to the table anyway. He'd be more likely to repeat his 2006 numbers than his 2007 numbers on a bad Miami team.

Favre wants to go to a team that has a shot at the playoffs. Farvre doesn't want to be simply competitive- he wants a shot at the playoffs and a ring. Miami gives him a shot at niether.

Favre wants to go to a team that has a shot at the playoffs. Farvre doesn't want to be simply competitive- he wants a shot at the playoffs and a ring. Miami gives him a shot at niether.

Too bad he retired from the Packers, that would have been a perfect fit.

Favre has already said he won't even go to Tampa Bay because it's too hot and humid for his liking. Green Bay says he will have to comeback in a different role or a role yet to be determined. Favre won't come back as a backup. Green Bay won't release him. I don't really see anypoint in Green Bay trading him unless they get a great offer for him. I think the old man should and will remain retired. He's still wishy washy in his interviews this week pointing out it might not even happen and he could stay retired.