Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

Where is the QB value in this draft?

IMO there is way too much value in the 2nd tier (and 3rd tier) QBs to worry about early drafting a Brady, Peyton, Romo, or Brees. I really question the relative value of drafting any af these guys at their present ADPs I would instead concentrate on drafting quality RBs and PPR type WRs 1st. I personally don't plan to get a QB before Rd 7.

That said, here are my best QB1 values:

QB 6 Ben - WOULD be a value but he will not drop to the 7th - probably rd 5, so I'm not on him, sorry.

so let's start now:

QB 11 Cutler - He probably will be available rd 7 and is easily capable of top 5 stats. (Antsports ADP 7.03)

QB 20 Favre - NYJ have the most under-rated receivers in the NFL (ADP 11.07) I took last 10 days ADP - He will rise quickly

QB 9 McNabb - He's Baaaack-1 - a nd with plenty of tools. (ADP 6.05 - I'm assuming he slips)

QB 7 Anderson - Also plenty of tools (ADP 5.12 - ditto - if he slips)

Here are the best QB2 Values (who potentially will give you QB1 value)

QB 13 Garrard - He will suprise many -and will get yards and TDs with his feet. (ADP 8.05)

QB 22 Campbell - My personal favorite - my target for QB2 - He'll make the West Coast offense click - sleeper of the year. (ADP 12.02)

QB 17 Delhomme - Another one - He's Baaack-2 (ADP 10.05)

QB 15 Rodgers - He only has the BEST WRs in the NFL and a good OL to work with. (ADP 10.02)

QB 19 Young - He's going off the board way too late and he's gotten better- a reaction to him being overhyped his 1st 2 years. (ADP 11.04)

Have at it!

I think you make some great points. I really like Bree this year, but I am going to try and lay off of him if I can. I love good QBs, but my best seasons have come with me drafting question marks at QB. I think waiting for the guys that aren't in the top group is a good idea.

IMO there is way too much value in the 2nd tier (and 3rd tier) QBs to worry about early drafting a Brady, Peyton, Romo, or Brees. I really question the relative value of drafting any af these guys at their present ADPs I would instead concentrate on drafting quality RBs and PPR type WRs 1st. I personally don't plan to get a QB before Rd 7.

That said, here are my best QB1 values:

QB 6 Ben - WOULD be a value but he will not drop to the 7th - probably rd 5, so I'm not on him, sorry.

so let's start now:

QB 11 Cutler - He probably will be available rd 7 and is easily capable of top 5 stats. (Antsports ADP 7.03)

QB 20 Favre - NYJ have the most under-rated receivers in the NFL (ADP 11.07) I took last 10 days ADP - He will rise quickly

QB 9 McNabb - He's Baaaack-1 - a nd with plenty of tools. (ADP 6.05 - I'm assuming he slips)

QB 7 Anderson - Also plenty of tools (ADP 5.12 - ditto - if he slips)

Here are the best QB2 Values (who potentially will give you QB1 value)

QB 13 Garrard - He will suprise many -and will get yards and TDs with his feet. (ADP 8.05)

QB 15 Campbell - My personal favorite, and my target for QB2 - He will make the West Coast offense click - sleeper of the year. (ADP 12.02)

QB 17 Delhomme - Another one - He's Baaack-2 (ADP 10.05)

QB 15 Rodgers - He only has the BEST WRs in the NFL and a good OL to work with. (ADP 10.02)

QB 19 Young - He's going off the board way too late and he's gotten better- a reaction to him being overhyped his 1st 2 years. (ADP 11.04)

Have at it!

I don't have a problem with your analysis, except for the bolded part. I think there are a few combos around the NFL that crush that combo, you know, like Moss/Welker, Harrison/Wayne, TO/Crayton (I'll give this one a maybe because of Crayton, TO is clearly better than Driver), & Ocho Cinco/TJ Housh, just to name a few...

There may be more.. :unsure:

I don't have a problem with your analysis, except for the bolded part. I think there are a few combos around the NFL that crush that combo, you know, like Moss/Welker, Harrison/Wayne, TO/Crayton (I'll give this one a maybe because of Crayton, TO is clearly better than Driver), & Ocho Cinco/TJ Housh, just to name a few...

There may be more.. :unsure:

Fitz & Boldin...and therein lies tremendous value at QB. Get both Leinart and Warner.

I think there can be an argument made for the pack's wrs as a corp. If you are talking top two combo, then you are right, but they do not have a weak link. From what I understand Jordy Nelson looks good, JJones looks great, Ruevell Martin would be a great #3 on any team...from top to bottom they may be the best since there would not be a big dropoff if Jennings or Driver got hurt.

I have a handful of QB's who I am targetting and it just depends where the draft leads me.

Brees, adding Shockey I think does give him another great target. They throw the ball more than any team in the league and with COlston and Bree catching passes he is easily going to hit 4000+ and 35TD's IMO. People see his as the 4th best QB but those numbers could rival for top spot.

McNaab IF he can stay healthy a full 16 games this is a player he at some point over the last 4 seasons was leading the league or top 3 in PPG. No matter who his targets are he just gets it done, thanks in large part to a healthy Westbrook. Quite simple he can be one of the top 3 scoring QB's and he is going really late for this amount of potential.

Jake Delhome - Steve Smith, Mushy and Wesley Walls(oh wait he retired). Anyway, this guy was off to a great start last year before the injury. He represents the potential to be the top of the 2nd tier and is going to be taken late in the draft.

Kitna - So many weapons with Williams, Megatron and crew. Plus they should a propensity for passing last year. If that same play calling is going on this year this is someone who could put up solid QB2 numbers and be had at the end of year draft.

Warner - Not sure where he is going in drafts but if Leinart is named the starter I am sure he can be had at or near the end of most drafts. Huge reward type QB, who can come in and lead you team to the promised land with those Cardinal WR's if Lienart sucks it up lile last year or gets hurt like last year.

That's my 5, take it or leave. Enjoy

i think garrard and hasselbeck are best value.

brees is firmly in the top6 names, with manning/brady/romo as 1-2-3, and some order of brees/roth/palmer as 4-5-6. plus, his 440 completions, 660attempts, and addition of shockey will give owners incentive to keep him drafted highly, if not ahead of where he should be selected.

hasselbeck is now clearly the offensive cog that drives the seattle offense. he is very consistent [TD in like 14 or 15 games last yr], and has a coach/playcaller that favors him. plus, most owners believe that bulger and mcfagg can bounce back, cutler will breakout, and anderson can maintain. these guys will more than likely be targeted in the 4th-6th rounds. i would suspect you can select hasselbeck in the 7th-9th rounds.

garrard is also a very consistent, mistake free qb; yet, he has upside with the addition of new receivers. the jag gameplan is very solid, with great running and defense, and sound coaching. a lot of owners will see his 18TDs from last season and feel he doesnt offer the statistical punch. but, upon further inspection, he didn't play all the games, and in some leagues [like yahoo], completion% can be a factor in qb scoring. he too can probably be selected in the 7th-9th rounds.

i like these 2 players among the "non-top6". i remember last yr all the players like alex smith, cutler, campbell, leinart, v young, schaub, and kitna that were supposed to be 'breakout' or 'upside' middle round gets. most if not all floundered and didn't deliver. hasselbeck and garrard seem to have the most stable set of surrounding factors.

I was targeting McNabb backed up by Bulger for my Qb's. I ended up with McNabb backed up by Kitna. After watching how putrid the Rams offense was last night in their preseason game, I may be glad I missed Bulger.

I was targeting McNabb backed up by Bulger for my Qb's. I ended up with McNabb backed up by Kitna. After watching how putrid the Rams offense was last night in their preseason game, I may be glad I missed Bulger.

tbbom---you're up in the mocking station.

Nice analysis. People went crazy for QB's in our draft so I waited and settled for Favre (9.09) & Delhomme (10.04). Ended up well stocked at RB w/ MBIII, Rudi, Ronnie, Selvin, Chris Johnson and R Moss, Chad J, Colston, & Gates as my starting receivers (I picked 9th).

QBs and where they were taken. It was crazy.

1.08 - Hasselbeck (yep, autodraft)

1.11 - Brady

2.01 - Peyton

2.03 - Romo

2.06 - Brees

2.08 - Palmer

2.09 - Big Ben

2.10 - Anderson

2.11 - McNabb

2.12 - Eli

4.07 - Rodgers (???)

5.06 - Bulger

7.01 - Campbell

9.03 - Rivers

9.09 - Favre

10.01 - Cutler (Great value)

10.03 - Garrard

10.04 - Delhomme

10.05 - Schaub (more great value)

10.06 - Kitna (more value)

10.08 - Young

10.09 - Garcia

10.11 - Edwards

12.02 - Leinart

Nice analysis. People went crazy for QB's in our draft so I waited and settled for Favre (9.09) & Delhomme (10.04). Ended up well stocked at RB w/ MBIII, Rudi, Ronnie, Selvin, Chris Johnson and R Moss, Chad J, Colston, & Gates as my starting receivers (I picked 9th).

QBs and where they were taken. It was crazy.

1.08 - Hasselbeck (yep, autodraft)

1.11 - Brady

2.01 - Peyton

2.03 - Romo

2.06 - Brees

2.08 - Palmer

2.09 - Big Ben

2.10 - Anderson

2.11 - McNabb

2.12 - Eli

4.07 - Rodgers (???)

5.06 - Bulger

7.01 - Campbell

9.03 - Rivers

9.09 - Favre

10.01 - Cutler (Great value)

10.03 - Garrard

10.04 - Delhomme

10.05 - Schaub (more great value)

10.06 - Kitna (more value)

10.08 - Young

10.09 - Garcia

10.11 - Edwards

12.02 - Leinart

Some crazy drafting there, but not particularly suprising. You did very well by not getting caught up in that huge QB run in the 2nd round.

Too bad you weren't able to snag Cutler instead of Delhomme, but I still like your picks a lot. I am suprised that Campbell went too high - i guess he's not as much of a sleeper as i thought.

I'll bet at least 3 of these round nine or later QBs will put up top ten numbers. Your two picks have as good of a chance as any (of course I still cry that you didn't get Cutler).

Let me repeat - this is the year to wait on your QBs for value - those round 2 guys were very foolish - as were the picks in rds 4 & 6 (not to mention Hass in round 1).

And i really LOVE the rest of your draft........I hope that mine goes so well. I only hope you handcuffed Ronnie with Ricky and Selvin with Hall.

Not to go off topic too much, but I think threads like this one show how a 2-QB league can really add value to the QB position and make drafting much more strategic. And to clarify things, I referring to 10 team (or less) leagues.