Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Combat Grounds!

Yeah, I played that a while back, it's alot of fun. Don't have the time during the day now.

Looks cool so far. But I lost about 40,000 recruits trying to hold a battlefield.

Rounds last about 10-days... so it may take you a bit to learn the game.

As a newbie, don't spend a whole lot of time "holding" a territory. You're in there to exploit it and you have to master the speed of getting troops in, exploit for cash and troops, and get out as FAST as you can until you build your army and overall net-worth.

I got my ass kicked last round and through some helpful tips, figured some things out. Until I built my forces, I was in, put troops in, exploit resources once... recruit troops once, then withdraw before some bigger fish came along and decimated my forces. We're talking a matter of a couple seconds.

And don't be over aggressive too soon... you'll use up your turns faster than you realize and then you have to wait for turns to build back up again (about 80/hour) unless you buy turns. That's how they get ya!

Post #5 is the best tip I got for you at this point. I got my ass-kicked when I signed up a few days ago. Lesson learned. Lucky for me, it was the last day or so of that round so now I'm starting fresh.

In addition, for safety's sake, I chose the "low risk" battlefield until I built up some resources... then I switched to high-risk. More risk, more reward.

But you MUST be quick when you have few troops. Those stronger than you will kick your ass before you bat an eye, that's why I stress speed on the buttons and not to stay in a territory too long.

ALSO... DON'T challenge anyone with more troops than you. It may not be obvious, but you WILL LOSE. Every time. It's nice to catch a FREE territory or someone who has just jumped in and got their "5" recruits. You can bounce them with the initial challenge and then you're in.

I usually go "PUT ALL"

Exploit Resources 1x

Massive Recruit 1x

Then TAKE ALL to extract everyone before someone wanders up and starts hammering you. Even if they get a shot or two in, you mitigate the damage by not being too greedy in the early rounds.

Join the fun at COMBAT GROUNDS LINK!!! :overhead:

Several of you have signed up. Seven to be exact. 3 more and you can make an FFToday Crew. A crew can have 10 players on it's team. Each round lasts 10-days. We're currently in Day 3. If you're interested, sign up as soon as you can and poke around. It's not something you have to attend to 24/7. Learn the ropes. Read the rules. Try different things. Ask each other questions. I've already tossed out some of my newbie learnings for you to try out while finding your own strategies.

Next round... it's war.

Join the fun at COMBAT GROUNDS LINK!!! :first:

Several of you have signed up. Seven to be exact. 3 more and you can make an FFToday Crew. A crew can have 10 players on it's team. Each round lasts 10-days. We're currently in Day 3. If you're interested, sign up as soon as you can and poke around. It's not something you have to attend to 24/7. Learn the ropes. Read the rules. Try different things. Ask each other questions. I've already tossed out some of my newbie learnings for you to try out while finding your own strategies.

Next round... it's war.

Does it matter what you sign up for (i.e. soldier, seal, terrorist)?

:bench:

:first:

If you sign up as a terrorist, George Bush will start listening to all your phone conversations and reading your emails

If you sign up as a terrorist, George Bush will start listening to all your phone conversations and reading your emails

He doesn't already?

:ninja:

I haven't figured out if it matters or not yet. I'm a Navy Seal... for no particular reason. Also, you can change at any time during the course of the game... so I don't know what the significance is (yet).

I haven't figured out if it matters or not yet. I'm a Navy Seal... for no particular reason. Also, you can change at any time during the course of the game... so I don't know what the significance is (yet).

In the next round, are we going to try to get a FFtoday crew together? I already hooked up with 1 crew for this round, so let a brotha know. :rolleyes:

In the next round, are we going to try to get a FFtoday crew together? I already hooked up with 1 crew for this round, so let a brotha know. :thumbsdown:

There is now enough players to form an FFToday Crew. You can do it this round (for practice) or wait until next round... approximately 6-days. I can post the list here unless you want to post your own name and user ID.

There is now enough players to form an FFToday Crew. You can do it this round (for practice) or wait until next round... approximately 6-days. I can post the list here unless you want to post your own name and user ID.

Knock yourself out. I'll join up but I'm not big with the starting stuff. :unsure:

Knock yourself out. I'll join up but I'm not big with the starting stuff. :angry:

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Send an invite, and I'll join the crew.

ps I see that Gutterboy has a character.

Send an invite, and I'll join the crew.

ps I see that Gutterboy has a character.

That's what I was getting at. Somebody start a crew and send me an invite and I'll join up. :doublethumbsup:

That's what I was getting at. Somebody start a crew and send me an invite and I'll join up. :thumbsup:

Vikings was the first one in... here are the FFT'rs who have signed up so far:

BigBlue06

Vikings4ever

Jester62

stumpnov

Oliversudden

sheadtoo

lambert58

JoeRedneck

birdseed

mrdirt73

pclutt76

Remember, you're getting into this round half-over. Use it as a learning experience.

5-1/2 days until the next round.

Join the fun at COMBAT GROUNDS!!!

Mephisto,

Please bring your wrath upon PAxBOWZAx. Tell the little focker that Birdseed sent ya.

TIA

Mephisto,

Please bring your wrath upon PAxBOWZAx. Tell the little focker that Birdseed sent ya.

TIA

I'll see what I can do. I thought I just saw you exploiting a country with 100K troops and then POOF! They were all gone! You were doing great!

It sucks getting into the round late, but be patient... everything resets next round and everyone starts off on equal footing.

When you're exploiting territories... you gotta get in and out fast. One click from a sniper can do some serious damage.

ETA: You sure you have the name right? I can't find that name using the search.

I found him. I also must have made a mistake on your troop level. You're still doing good.

I can't attack him or anyone in his crew. In order to attack, they have to be within 25% of my total net worth. None of them come close... though they may be targeting you because of me. One of their other members demanded I blast somebody under threat of attack and I just laughed at him. He couldn't touch me.

However, he can see my recruits... :ninja:

Vikings was the first one in... here are the FFT'rs who have signed up so far:

BigBlue06

Vikings4ever

Jester62

stumpnov

Oliversudden

sheadtoo

lambert58

JoeRedneck

birdseed

mrdirt73

pclutt76

RLLD

Remember, you're getting into this round half-over. Use it as a learning experience.

Instead of you douchenozzles joining random crews, why not make one yourself and start sharing your tips and experiences?

Morons.

What is the best way to level up? Conquering? Sniping through "raise funds"? I haven't attacked anybody yet, but I'm getting ready to squeeze the trigger. :thumbsup: I am guessing it would be best to attack someone who: a) doesn't have a crew :( has a lot of money. I realize that they have to be within 25% of net worth.

What is the best way to level up? Conquering? Sniping through "raise funds"? I haven't attacked anybody yet, but I'm getting ready to squeeze the trigger. :thumbsup: I am guessing it would be best to attack someone who: a) doesn't have a crew :( has a lot of money. I realize that they have to be within 25% of net worth.

Under "Raise Funds" there is a "Special Training" option which provides LEVEL based upon the number of turns you burn. More turns = more levels.

Also, NUKING countries helps some.

Sniping is dangerous and pisses people off. But in exchange for 7 turns, you'll get 10 levels.

Yes, best to hit a loner than to hit an individual in a crew.

If you want to be a bully, calculate your lowest "in range" attack net worth. Your NW - 25%, and then do a search on the attack page within that lowest range up to your range. You'll have the best chance against those people.

Under "Raise Funds" there is a "Special Training" option which provides LEVEL based upon the number of turns you burn. More turns = more levels.

Also, NUKING countries helps some.

Sniping is dangerous and pisses people off. But in exchange for 7 turns, you'll get 10 levels.

Yes, best to hit a loner than to hit an individual in a crew.

If you want to be a bully, calculate your lowest "in range" attack net worth. Your NW - 25%, and then do a search on the attack page within that lowest range up to your range. You'll have the best chance against those people.

Well - if the alternative is a fair fight, I think I'm going to be a bully. :thumbsup:

Also, I made the mistake of turning off the game last night with $40 billion cash in hand. It would have been smarter driving through East St. Louis with that kind of cash.

:thumbsup:

Also, I made the mistake of turning off the game last night with $40 billion cash in hand. It would have been smarter driving through East St. Louis with that kind of cash.

:thumbsdown:

Since you're taking the initiative... I'm going to suggest you start a crew.

Yes, don't leave a lot of cash exposed. SPEND it. BANK it. When you build up that much cash, make your deposits. You only get 3 TOTAL per day including both individual and crew. You can withdraw from individual, you can't from crew.

One of you guys needs to learn how to run a crew. You use the crew bank to benefit the team in a multitude of ways. Having never run a crew, I have NO tips for you in that regard. I have a leader who handles that stuff. I'm just a dispatch of death.

Since you're taking the initiative... I'm going to suggest you start a crew.

I sent a message to V4E nominating him as crew leader. We'll see if he accepts.

I sent a message to V4E nominating him as crew leader. We'll see if he accepts.

A couple of you are doing quite well. You're welcome for the tips.

A couple of you are doing quite well. You're welcome for the tips.

Here's something I figured out (you probably already know it):

When buying attack and defense items, you're best off maxing out on the cheap items first. The cost per defensive/attack point is most advantageous at the cheaper items, BUT it switches over at somewhere near the armored truck items.

HOWEVER, it is the exact opposite for the combo items. These provide more bang for the buck compared to defensive/attack items, and the more expensive the item, the bigger advantage they have. I see a lot of people carrying only combo items.

Am I wrong?

BTW - What the fock happenned to CMT? He's bruised up a bit. :doublethumbsup:

Here's something I figured out (you probably already know it):

When buying attack and defense items, you're best off maxing out on the cheap items first. The cost per defensive/attack point is most advantageous at the cheaper items, BUT it switches over at somewhere near the armored truck items.

HOWEVER, it is the exact opposite for the combo items. These provide more bang for the buck compared to defensive/attack items, and the more expensive the item, the bigger advantage they have. I see a lot of people carrying only combo items.

Am I wrong?

BTW - What the fock happenned to CMT? He's bruised up a bit. :music_guitarred:

You're not wrong.

What happened to CMT is we are at war with other crews. CMT is not as bad off as it would appear.

I found him. I also must have made a mistake on your troop level. You're still doing good.

That may have been me that you saw getting knocked down a peg last night. :ninja:

Fine ya lazy bastages. FFT crew creation started.

And I'm in. :rolleyes: