Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Henry Headed Back To Cincinnati?

The Cincinnati Bengals are close to reaching an agreement with free-agent receiver Chris Henry, a source told ESPN.com Monday night. Henry is en route from Charlotte, N.C., to Cincinnati to sign a contract with the team as early as Tuesday, the source said.

ESPN

Could CJ's shoulder injury be worse than we know? ....or maybe they're dealing CJ to the Fins for R. Brown. mmmmm? :thumbsup:

I just heard this on the radio and it makes me want to focking puke.

But the Bengals had shown interest in Henry since the charges were dropped. There was a feeling in Cincinnati that the team may have overreacted in cutting its former third-round draft pick before the judicial system ran its course.

Overreacted? :thumbsup: They should have cut this POS after the second arrest.

I just heard this on the radio and it makes me want to focking puke.

Overreacted? :doh: They should have cut this POS after the second arrest.

:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Funny as hell Mike FF Today double posted this thread. :(

Could CJ's shoulder injury be worse than we know? ....or maybe they're dealing CJ to the Fins for R. Brown. mmmmm? <_<

Boy would I love to see Ronnie rushing for the Bungles, then they bring in henry to complement Housyourmama

How did Jerry let this guy get away? We could have added him to our collection and had tank, henry and pacman. <_<

where do u rank him? top end wr3? mid wr3?

even with 4 games missed, he has 600-8 potential [we've seen him post this when palmer was on his game]. that TD count ain't no slouch at the wr3 level.

Today I am embarrassed to be a Cincinnati Bengals fan. And after what we've seen the past decade and a half, that says a lot. If Marvin has any pride, he would quit today after management forced this dipchit back on the team.

How did Jerry let this guy get away? We could have added him to our collection and had tank, henry and pacman. :angry:

Dude where have you been?

In my 16 team league he is a low #3 at draft time; obviously moving up as we work our way to week 5 and he plays. At that point, I have him in a strong 3 spot; so a Top 40 WR. I think he has the potential to move into the Top 20-25. Depending on where youre other WR's bye weeks fall, Henry and Bobby Engram (another guy out 4 games...but for injury) might be great values on draft day.

I'm sure everyone on this board is just the moral center of the universe. I dont see why its such an atrocity that he be re-signed?

I'm sure everyone on this board is just the moral center of the universe. I dont see why its such an atrocity that he be re-signed?

It's not a morality issue. It's just plain stupid. Even Bengal fans don't like the move.

Ask yourself 2 questions:

1. Why did they cut him a few weeks ago?

"His conduct can no longer be tolerated," Brown said.

"The Bengals tried for an extended period of time to support Chris and his potentially bright career," Brown said. "We had hoped to guide him toward an appropriate standard of personal responsibility that this community would support and that would allow him to play in the NFL. … But those efforts end today, as we move on with what is best for our team."

2. Why did they resign him today?

They wanted to give him another chance....LOL. Sure, they changed their mind it had nothing to do with 2 banged up WRs and a bunch of non-promising backups and an offense that just can't seem to move the ball all preseason.

I know Marvin made it sound as if only managment wants him back, if that is the case I quit after the season ends and look for a team that will work with a head coach instead of throwing darts at him.

It's not a morality issue. It's just plain stupid. Even Bengal fans don't like the move.

"The Bengals tried for an extended period of time to support Chris and his potentially bright career," Brown said. "We had hoped to guide him toward an appropriate standard of personal responsibility that this community would support and that would allow him to play in the NFL. … But those efforts end today, as we move on with what is best for our team."

They wanted to give him another chance....LOL. Sure, they changed their mind it had nothing to do with 2 banged up WRs and a bunch of non-promising backups and an offense that just can't seem to move the ball all preseason.

I know Marvin made it sound as if only managment wants him back, if that is the case I quit after the season ends and look for a team that will work with a head coach instead of throwing darts at him.

these guys dont need to be accountable..not in the past and not today either...

there isnt a decent player out there that cant find a job?...no jeremy bloom types?..no one from hte arena league?...this is as bad as the bears looking the other way when grossman said he doesnt prepare for games..and letting tank play the super bowl when he had his gun deal going on..

if the bengals are coming to my stadium, i would lock the doors to the home locker room....thugs :overhead:

Well put. Looking at the reason "banged up WRs", how motivated do they really expect him to be WRT behaving? Certainly a blessing for Palmer, but only if his antic's stay in the attic...