Sign in to follow this  
GhostofMeanMachine99

Kevin Curtis to Have Surgery

I'm now starting to wonder if the Eagle training regimen should be called into question. Third focking sports hernia injury in the past 2 years?

Curtis to have sports hernia surgery

Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis will have sports hernia surgery and will be sidelined for a significant amount of time, coach Andy Reid said today.

Curtis was injured against Carolina last Thursday. He tried to practice this week but struggled, leading to the decision to have the surgery.

Reid said he is not interested in bringing in another receiver at this time. With Reggie Brown still out with a hamstring injury, the starting receivers Friday against New England will be DeSean Jackson in Brown's spot and either Hank Baskett or Greg Lewis in Curtis' spot.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_updat...ia_surgery.html

I'm now starting to wonder if the Eagle training regimen should be called into question. Third focking sports hernia injury in the past 2 years?

Curtis to have sports hernia surgery

Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis will have sports hernia surgery and will be sidelined for a significant amount of time, coach Andy Reid said today.

Curtis was injured against Carolina last Thursday. He tried to practice this week but struggled, leading to the decision to have the surgery.

Reid said he is not interested in bringing in another receiver at this time. With Reggie Brown still out with a hamstring injury, the starting receivers Friday against New England will be DeSean Jackson in Brown's spot and either Hank Baskett or Greg Lewis in Curtis' spot.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_updat...ia_surgery.html

Look for weagles to push hard at getting Boldin from AZ

I'm now starting to wonder if the Eagle training regimen should be called into question.

As a Giants fan :banana: and a owner of zero Philly players, I don't think they should change a thing. :(

Philly is going to be fine..

I think that Boldin will get traded to them an I think DeSean is a speacil player for them. :doublethumbsup:

How long will he probobly be out with the surgury? Is there any reason to keep him on a dynasty team right now? I have Ocho Cinco out for a short time and S Smith (car) out for the 1st 2. my starting lineup week one looks like Cal Johnson, Vin Jackson and Santana Moss if those 3 (Cutis, Smith and Johnson) are out..not great vs the 2nd best team in my league. That would be my 3 starters all out.

thoughts?

How long will he probobly be out with the surgury? Is there any reason to keep him on a dynasty team right now? I have Ocho Cinco out for a short time and S Smith (car) out for the 1st 2. my starting lineup week one looks like Cal Johnson, Vin Jackson and Santana Moss if those 3 (Cutis, Smith and Johnson) are out..not great vs the 2nd best team in my league. That would be my 3 starters all out.

thoughts?

for what is being described as “a significant amount of time.”

The Eagles are notoriously a poor WR team for FF so I'm not thinking this does much for any of the backups. Reid will probably revert to his natural tendency of spreading the ball around. The one exception could be Jackson who has hte playmaking ability to turn in a big game or two. Of course rookies rarely pull it off but if I were gambling I'd go with him over Baskett or Lewis who are journeyman NFLers and garbage in FF.

As for the guy who lost Curtis...get a grip. You have 6 good WRs and you will find a lot of people who would have started Calvin Johnson and maybe Santana Moss over Curtis anyway. Vincent Jackson on the other hand sucks. He's a faker.

Does this news raise the value of LJ Smith???

Maybe for the 5 games he'll be healthy.

Darn, I was hoping to snag McNabb and pair him with a strong backup. I'm not sure I want to be starting McNabb throwing to Hank Baskett and Jackson. I guess Brown should be ready for week 1, but that's still a pretty poor group of receivers.

how far down, if at all, are you moving mcfagg in the rankings?

how far, if at all, does this move reggie brown?

i see a lot of desean jax love already: how much more now?

Maybe for the 5 games he'll be healthy.

Darn, I was hoping to snag McNabb and pair him with a strong backup. I'm not sure I want to be starting McNabb throwing to Hank Baskett and Jackson. I guess Brown should be ready for week 1, but that's still a pretty poor group of receivers.

Baskett's lucky to even be on the team at this point. As an Eagle fan, I'm ready to move on from him. He's shown very little.

It'll be Avant and Lewis to pick up the slack. Avant will prolly start, and Lewis will see plenty of action in the slot (along with Jackson). This injury may give Jackson more reps lining up on the outside.

how far down, if at all, are you moving mcfagg in the rankings?

how far, if at all, does this move reggie brown?

i see a lot of desean jax love already: how much more now?

i wouldn't move mcnabb down at all. i would move greg lewis up (from completely off the board to last spot on the board), and i'd bump jackson up a smidge.

Baskett's lucky to even be on the team at this point. As an Eagle fan, I'm ready to move on from him. He's shown very little.

It'll be Avant and Lewis to pick up the slack. Avant will prolly start, and Lewis will see plenty of action in the slot (along with Jackson). This injury may give Jackson more reps lining up on the outside.

Well they said Jackson will start for R.Brown and Baskett for Curtis..

This is the shot that Baskett has been waiting for and he will have too play well..

IM surprised that you guys think so highly of McNabb with the way he has played the last 3 years or so :thumbsup: . Factor in a now depleted WR corp and it only looks to get worse. If McNabb didn't have Westbrook he wouldn't even be a fantasy backup. Westbrook can take a 3 yard pass and turn it into a 70 yard td :overhead: . They will have to ride the Westbrook train to get anywhere at all this year, he is all they have.

IM surprised that you guys think so highly of McNabb with the way he has played the last 3 years or so :doublethumbsup: . Factor in a now depleted WR corp and it only looks to get worse. If McNabb didn't have Westbrook he wouldn't even be a fantasy backup. Westbrook can take a 3 yard pass and turn it into a 70 yard td :wave: . They will have to ride the Westbrook train to get anywhere at all this year, he is all they have.

He's a freaking top 5 fantasy QB when he plays. He was by far the MVP of fantasy football until he got hurt just a couple of years ago. :headbanger:

thoughts?

I just had surgery on Friday for the same thing. They told me to not do anything strenuous for at least 4 weeks, and I'm just a layman. Thank God for painkillers! :clap:

Joe Sakic had his done last year and it took him 6-8 weeks, didn't it?

6-8 weeks sounds about right... no way greg lewis can pickup the slack, not when Reid wants to throw 50+ times a game..

so the cleveland browns training facility is notorious for staph infections, and now, the eagles have sports hernias running rampant [mcfagg, lj smith, curtis].

are they yanking too hard during the group chicken choke??? :doublethumbsup:

so the cleveland browns training facility is notorious for staph infections, and now, the eagles have sports hernias running rampant [mcfagg, lj smith, curtis].

are they yanking too hard during the group chicken choke??? :wub:

Don't forget Sheldon Brown, too.

I think the sports hernia's are popping up (actually out, but who cares) from laughing so hard at Dallas' comical playoff losses.

I, myself, felt a twinge in my nut last year when Tony Scissorhands threw into quadruple coverage, and TO cried like closet homo we all know him to be. :wub:

Well they said Jackson will start for R.Brown and Baskett for Curtis..

This is the shot that Baskett has been waiting for and he will have too play well..

Baskett blows. He's a decent special teamer, which is really the only redeeming value he brings. He can only run one route, and isn't very quick. He's got straight line speed, and that's it.

This really has to ruin McNabb's mid sleeper pick.

I hate to rain on your parade, but if Mcnabb's season depended on a skinny white WR then he was not going to do jack sh-t to begin with.

I hate to rain on your parade, but if Mcnabb's season depended on a skinny white WR then he was not going to do jack sh-t to begin with.

I'll take a "skinny white" WR over a dumb black WR any and every day of the week.

I'll take a "skinny white" WR over a dumb black WR any and every day of the week.

:unsure:

BoltFan Posted Today, 09:27 AM

QUOTE(Pimptaddy @ Aug 22 2008, 05:01 AM)

YOU ARE BOTH IDIOTS. :headbanger:

Don't forget Sheldon Brown, too.

I think the sports hernia's are popping up (actually out, but who cares) from laughing so hard at Dallas' comical playoff losses.

I, myself, felt a twinge in my nut last year when Tony Scissorhands threw into quadruple coverage, and TO cried like closet homo we all know him to be. :thumbsup:

hahaha, good one!

although, i gotta believe, mcfagg may indeed sit around with his teammates/friends laughing and joking like that....then, staring off into space, his imagination starts to wander, and he says to himself, "damnit, i wish i could throw 30TDs and 65% again....." :banana:

as evidenced by his recent interview entitled "it coulda been great". :banana: :banana:

hahaha, good one!

although, i gotta believe, mcfagg may indeed sit around with his teammates/friends laughing and joking like that....then, staring off into space, his imagination starts to wander, and he says to himself, "damnit, i wish i could throw 30TDs and 65% again....." :headbanger:

as evidenced by his recent interview entitled "it coulda been great". :headbanger: :headbanger:

It's all good. :headbanger: