Sign in to follow this  
G-String

McNabb

Yes, he is something like a bottom level QB1 or a top level QB2. If you are drafting with novices he will go too high (round 6 or earlier). If you are drafting with Sharks, he will probably slip to round 9 or even lower based on his currently depleted WR group.

IMO he is a bargain at round 8 or lower as a QB 2. But I personally would not be comfortable with him as my QB1.

McNabb hasn't played a full season in 5 years and now has just lost his primary receiver.

Donovan can still produce on any given week, but you should know what you're dealing with.

He's a capable backup, provided he's healthy when you need him, but is a risky starter to rely on.

Yes, he is something like a bottom level QB1 or a top level QB2. If you are drafting with novices he will go too high (round 6 or earlier). If you are drafting with Sharks, he will probably slip to round 9 or even lower based on his currently depleted WR group.

IMO he is a bargain at round 8 or lower as a QB 2. But I personally would not be comfortable with him as my QB1.

ignore this guy.

McNabb is a top end QB1 when healthy.

McNabb put up good numbers with crap for receivers his whole career. This season is no different. His only issue is injury. They say he put on weight in an off season training program designed at making him tougher and more healthy, so he may have addressed the issue. I would also expect the Eagles to put an offer in for Boldin (who apparently wants out of AZ) or call up Horn who has publicly stated that he wants to play in Philly.

the Eagles will be fine and I expect McNabb will be fine too.

The only season McNabb has been a top end 1 QB was the season he had TO. He is still in Dallas. I would want him as my first QB but he's not a bad second. If you must rely on him then make sure you got a good back up.

:overhead:

ignore this guy.

McNabb is a top end QB1 when healthy.

McNabb put up good numbers with crap for receivers his whole career. This season is no different. His only issue is injury. They say he put on weight in an off season training program designed at making him tougher and more healthy, so he may have addressed the issue. I would also expect the Eagles to put an offer in for Boldin (who apparently wants out of AZ) or call up Horn who has publicly stated that he wants to play in Philly.

the Eagles will be fine and I expect McNabb will be fine too.

he added weight, to make him "tougher" ? ohhhh, i see the strategy....that way when he is slower than he already had gotten, he has more padding to absorb the jacks! :music_guitarred:

what do they want? osi to break derrick thomas' single-game sack record?? isn't 6 in a game enough for him to absorb??? :thumbsup: :lol:

:overhead:

he added weight, to make him "tougher" ? ohhhh, i see the strategy....that way when he is slower than he already had gotten, he has more padding to absorb the jacks! :shocking:

what do they want? osi to break derrick thomas' single-game sack record?? isn't 6 in a game enough for him to absorb??? :first: :lol:

In all honestly, McNabb looks really nimble back there in camp. So far, he's looked real sharp throwing the ball. Curtis' injury will definitely have an affect on what he can do this year. Anyone who tells you otherwise is FOS. However, having a healthy LJ Smith and the addition of DeSean Jackson (who has shown he can get open and get deep) will make him a top 10 QB this year.

It really looks like he worked on his footwork in the offseason, because he's way more accurate than year's past.

Baskett isn't a terrible replacement for Curtis and it's important to remember that LJ Smith is back and that it looks like Jackson is ready to contribute from the slot. So, although losing Curtis hurts, the reality is that McNabb probably has better weapons at this point than he had in 2007.

I wouldnt be very comfortable if he was my #1, but there are worse options. Here is where he lies in my rankings:

Brady

Manning

Romo

Brees

Big Ben

Palmer

Anderson

Hasselbeck

McNabb

Favre

So he is in my third tier of guys, probaly the last #1 QB before I see a decent dropoff.

McNabb has shown in the past that he can make just about any WRs work. And I really thing DeSean Jackson can be every bit as good (if not better) than Kevin Curtis. So as long as Reggie Brown can get on the field, with a healthy LJ Smith, and of course Mr. Westbrook taking screens a mile, McNabb still has plenty of weapons at his disposal.

I wouldn't hesitate to take him as my QB1 this year. Sure he's an injury risk, but any player is just one bad hit away from going down. He's now 2 years removed from his knee surgery so should be good to go this year and back to his old ways!

DeSean Jackson is the most over-hyoed rookie this year IMO. He is not gonna beat out iether Curtis or Brown when they get healthy and he is not gonna be a viable #1 target while they are out. He will have the typical rookie WR learning curve, but he will be jammed (or knocked on his azz) at the line of scrimmage way too often.

What he WILL do is take it to the house 3-4 times when he does beat the jams. IMO he is ONLY a late round flier, and there are better flier options available, for instance, Eddie Royal and Josh Morgan.

In all honestly, McNabb looks really nimble back there in camp. So far, he's looked real sharp throwing the ball. Curtis' injury will definitely have an affect on what he can do this year. Anyone who tells you otherwise is FOS. However, having a healthy LJ Smith and the addition of DeSean Jackson (who has shown he can get open and get deep) will make him a top 10 QB this year.

It really looks like he worked on his footwork in the offseason, because he's way more accurate than year's past.

yeah, its the accuracy issue upon which you touched that i see being the achilles heel.

curtis will be out anywhere between 5-10 weeks, and that is without issues stemming from scar tissue or reinjury while rushing to get back [like lj smith did]. guys like baskett and lewis have not demonstrated route command, and jackson is still a rookie. we've seen mcnabb get frustrated and lose his already shaky touch when catchers don't do their part. that leaves reggie brown, who in his time to prove he is a legit wr1, hasn't really done so.

McNabb hasn't played a full season in 5 years and now has just lost his primary receiver.

Donovan can still produce on any given week, but you should know what you're dealing with.

He's a capable backup, provided he's healthy when you need him, but is a risky starter to rely on.

That pretty much sums it up. Hes got the heart and the arm but his body just isnt letting him play a full season anymore. Nothing is more brutal to a fantasy owner than a mid or late season injury to a key player since its so hard at that point to do anything about it.

yeah, its the accuracy issue upon which you touched that i see being the achilles heel.

curtis will be out anywhere between 5-10 weeks, and that is without issues stemming from scar tissue or reinjury while rushing to get back [like lj smith did]. guys like baskett and lewis have not demonstrated route command, and jackson is still a rookie. we've seen mcnabb get frustrated and lose his already shaky touch when catchers don't do their part. that leaves reggie brown, who in his time to prove he is a legit wr1, hasn't really done so.

Little off, but I see what you're getting at.

It's less about route running with Lewis and more about being out of position. Lewis is good in the slot, average to below average when he lines up outside.

Baskett's not a bad route runner, but he's slow, and he's not very good getting out of his breaks. There's a reason why he wasn't a high draft pick.

McNabb's accurate when he has the right technique. However, he's not a guy who can still be accurate while taking heat off his throws. He tends to do that when his receivers aren't catching the ball.

Reggie Brown will never be a #1. Seems to me he doesn't work hard enough, and is content where he's at. He hasn't shown any improvement.

I think Jackson will be pretty good early on, but like every other rookie in the NFL, he'll hit the wall at the end of the year.

Reid will get nothing out of Curtis this year. If he does, it won't be until the playoffs, and that's only if they make it.

He dropped out of my top-12 with Curtis' injury, but honestly I probably wouldn't have taken him as the 12th QB off the board.

He gets hurt almost every year, he has no weapons except Westbrook, who also is an injury risk. Curtis will miss several weeks & may never be effective again this year. Sure, Philly could be a 10-win team like some are predicting, but everything would have to go exactly right for that to happen. Too much risk. Let some other sucker draft McNabb on name recognition, while you wait a round & get a better QB.

If Philly got Boldin, then McNabb would be about QB10 IMO. Otherwise, he's around QB16 on my list.

He dropped out of my top-12 with Curtis' injury, but honestly I probably wouldn't have taken him as the 12th QB off the board.

He gets hurt almost every year, he has no weapons except Westbrook, who also is an injury risk. Curtis will miss several weeks & may never be effective again this year. Sure, Philly could be a 10-win team like some are predicting, but everything would have to go exactly right for that to happen. Too much risk. Let some other sucker draft McNabb on name recognition, while you wait a round & get a better QB.

If Philly got Boldin, then McNabb would be about QB10 IMO. Otherwise, he's around QB16 on my list.

I'd love to see the other 15 QBs you feel are better than McNabb from a fantasy perspective....... :rolleyes:

ghost,

yeah, i used the term "route running" to simplify my point, but you mostly interpreted it correctly.

yes, mcfagg's accuracy issues are more receiver spacing and his own battle between ego and fundamentals. he often thinks he can just "wing it", and you see him quickly whip the ball out, but he ends up spraying the throw more often than not. when he does setup correctly, square his shoulders, and eye the target, he has made some great throws, no doubt. i just think the past few seasons, his reduced mobility/desire to be mobile, have not helped improve the accuracy that much [we've discussed before his career accuracy of ~58% being well below qbs entrenched in the west coast system, even if he did post 60+% last season for only the second time in his career].

in the end, i think most agree that this was a team and qb that needed some things to go their way to achieve the level of success to which they and their fans aspire. losing the most polished receiver in the stable is not a good start.

I agree 100% with whomever said that he's a perfect guy to stash on your team and play a certain week given the matchup, etc. Aka, don't have to count on him.

I was counting on him last year and David Garrard came in to save the day. (thankfully) That was very fortunate though.

Oh, and McNabb got the start in the finals for the win!

Bottom line - fantastic Qb2 to have. Very very risky if he's your Qb1.

I agree 100% with whomever said that he's a perfect guy to stash on your team and play a certain week given the matchup, etc. Aka, don't have to count on him.

I was counting on him last year and David Garrard came in to save the day. (thankfully) That was very fortunate though.

Oh, and McNabb got the start in the finals for the win!

Bottom line - fantastic Qb2 to have. Very very risky if he's your Qb1.

Yeah, if you draft him as your 1st QB you definitely don't want to wait too long to grab him a good backup.

ghost,

yeah, i used the term "route running" to simplify my point, but you mostly interpreted it correctly.

yes, mcfagg's accuracy issues are more receiver spacing and his own battle between ego and fundamentals. he often thinks he can just "wing it", and you see him quickly whip the ball out, but he ends up spraying the throw more often than not. when he does setup correctly, square his shoulders, and eye the target, he has made some great throws, no doubt. i just think the past few seasons, his reduced mobility/desire to be mobile, have not helped improve the accuracy that much [we've discussed before his career accuracy of ~58% being well below qbs entrenched in the west coast system, even if he did post 60+% last season for only the second time in his career].

in the end, i think most agree that this was a team and qb that needed some things to go their way to achieve the level of success to which they and their fans aspire. losing the most polished receiver in the stable is not a good start.

Losing Curtis is gonna change their route configuration. For the first time in a long time, McNabb was driving the ball more downfield, basically throwing alot of 10-15 yard outs.

Curtis, while not a speedburner, was fast enough to command respect deep. My feeling now is that d-backfields are gonna push up more towards the LOS, not respecting the deep ball. Basically, the Eagles go back to the dink and dunk offense that frustrates the fans.

Reggie Brown needs to step the fock up and take it over. I'm tired of hearing about him and how focking good he can be. :thumbsup:

Avoid at all cost.

Since TO left, he's just hasn't been the same player.

I'd love to see the other 15 QBs you feel are better than McNabb from a fantasy perspective....... :banana:

1) Tom Brady

2) Tony Romo

3) Drew Brees

4) Peyton Manning

5) Ben Rothlisberger

6) Eli Manning

7) Brett Favre

8) Carson Palmer

9) Jay Cutler

10) David Gerrard

11) Derrick Anderson

12) Matt Schaub

13) Jon Kitna

14) Phillip Rivers

15) Jeff Garcia (actually showed what a chump McNabb is while he was in Philly and I bet they regret letting him go.)

Hair splitting at this point but you still got these guys on the same level

16) Aaron Rodgers

17) Chad Pennington will be motivated on new team

18) Vince Young should be better this year.

19) Matt Ryan looks like a future star

20) J. Jackson has looked decent in the preseason

21) Jason Campbell

Also, I find it funny when a team has a bad throwing qb its always the receivers fault yet Jeff Garcia seemed to do just fine with the same group. Maybe the QB is making the receivers look bad! Vick, McNabb, Young right now. How about getting a qb that can throw the ball and hit a target, now there is an idea. :banana: We have runningbacks to run the ball seems a good thrower would be in order for a qb. Actually the superbowl winners pretty much proves the fact that an accurate throwing qb is a must in the NFL.

Losing Curtis is gonna change their route configuration. For the first time in a long time, McNabb was driving the ball more downfield, basically throwing alot of 10-15 yard outs.

Curtis, while not a speedburner, was fast enough to command respect deep. My feeling now is that d-backfields are gonna push up more towards the LOS, not respecting the deep ball. Basically, the Eagles go back to the dink and dunk offense that frustrates the fans.

Reggie Brown needs to step the fock up and take it over. I'm tired of hearing about him and how focking good he can be. :banana:

Ghost - as a homer, do you think Philly makes a concerted effort to trade for Anquan Boldin now that Curtis is likely out for half the year?

Ghost - as a homer, do you think Philly makes a concerted effort to trade for Anquan Boldin now that Curtis is likely out for half the year?

I don't think they can really make an effort to trade for a player that's not on the market. Doesn't really matter what Boldin nor his agent say, because the Cards front office has already said they're not trading him.

Whether that's a smokescreen or not, one has to assume that he's not going anywhere.

Besides, the only way they can get him is if they overpay for him. As a homer, I know for a fact that ain't happenin'.

What really scares me is that Dallas will overpay for him. If he goes there, no one is beating the Cowboys this year. Pains me to say it, but it's pretty much the case.

1) Tom Brady

2) Tony Romo

3) Drew Brees

4) Peyton Manning

5) Ben Rothlisberger

6) Eli Manning

7) Brett Favre

8) Carson Palmer

9) Jay Cutler

10) David Gerrard

11) Derrick Anderson

12) Matt Schaub

13) Jon Kitna

14) Phillip Rivers

15) Jeff Garcia (actually showed what a chump McNabb is while he was in Philly and I bet they regret letting him go.)

Hair splitting at this point but you still got these guys on the same level

16) Aaron Rodgers

17) Chad Pennington will be motivated on new team

18) Vince Young should be better this year.

19) Matt Ryan looks like a future star

20) J. Jackson has looked decent in the preseason

21) Jason Campbell

Also, I find it funny when a team has a bad throwing qb its always the receivers fault yet Jeff Garcia seemed to do just fine with the same group. Maybe the QB is making the receivers look bad! Vick, McNabb, Young right now. How about getting a qb that can throw the ball and hit a target, now there is an idea. :wub: We have runningbacks to run the ball seems a good thrower would be in order for a qb. Actually the superbowl winners pretty much proves the fact that an accurate throwing qb is a must in the NFL.

1. No one here has said McNabb is a bad throwing QB (nice English, btw).

2. Garcia may not even finish nor start the season in TB this year.

3. By your murderous rampage thru the English language, one can't help but wonder what the fock you're talking about.

4. What does fantasy have to do with making receivers look bad?

5. Who the fock asked you, anyway? I look at your name and it isn't Resident A-Hole now, is it? Methinks my post was directed at him and no one else.

Now go grab your shinebox, Spider.

1. No one here has said McNabb is a bad throwing QB (nice English, btw).

2. Garcia may not even finish nor start the season in TB this year.

3. By your murderous rampage thru the English language, one can't help but wonder what the fock you're talking about.

4. What does fantasy have to do with making receivers look bad?

5. Who the fock asked you, anyway? I look at your name and it isn't Resident A-Hole now, is it? Methinks my post was directed at him and no one else.

Now go grab your shinebox, Spider.

My bad, I didn't know you had your own personal thread that no one else could respond to. You have a bit of a thin skin there buddy, to go straight into the insults. I mistakenly thought this was a fourm for discussion, I didn't know you and this Resident A-Hole was the only one allowed.

1) Im saying McNabb is not accurate and Im thinking someone else did in this fourm.

2) Garcia was mentioned with respect to his days at Philly and how he performed above McNabb.

3) I didn't know this was a English test.

4) This is about McNabb and how he is not a #1 QB, and my opinion is that he is vastly overrated and hurts his team due to being inaccurate and out of shape usually. And very injury prone, thus hurting everyone on his team.

5) Its a fourm expect people to respond to post,,, thats the deal here isnt it. Being rude was totally uncalled for!

Go ahead and draft McNabb as your number one qb but dont expect to win anything.

McNabb was a solid if not leading #1 QB the first year without TO - granted his top WR is gone - but they will compensate - I would say he's a top 6-7 QB IF HEALTHY!!! DO NOT RELY ON HIM!

6) Eli Manning

AHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA! :headbanger: :pointstosky:

There it is. You don't get an opinion...... Eli Freaking Manning...... LMBO. Where's Trent Dilfer on your list? I mean, HE's won a super bowl too.

My bad, I didn't know you had your own personal thread that no one else could respond to. You have a bit of a thin skin there buddy, to go straight into the insults. I mistakenly thought this was a fourm for discussion, I didn't know you and this Resident A-Hole was the only one allowed.

1) Im saying McNabb is not accurate and Im thinking someone else did in this fourm.

2) Garcia was mentioned with respect to his days at Philly and how he performed above McNabb.

3) I didn't know this was a English test.

4) This is about McNabb and how he is not a #1 QB, and my opinion is that he is vastly overrated and hurts his team due to being inaccurate and out of shape usually. And very injury prone, thus hurting everyone on his team.

5) Its a fourm expect people to respond to post,,, thats the deal here isnt it. Being rude was totally uncalled for!

Go ahead and draft McNabb as your number one qb but dont expect to win anything.

My post was in response to his, awaiting an answer from him. If you're gonna step in, prepare to get smacked. That's all.

You can go now. :pointstosky:

McNabb was a solid if not leading #1 QB the first year without TO - granted his top WR is gone - but they will compensate - I would say he's a top 6-7 QB IF HEALTHY!!! DO NOT RELY ON HIM!

I agree. However, you can't discount the injury history, which means buyer beware, and have a good back-up.

mcnabb is on my do not draft list. i guess if it was the 12th round and i had a shady starter, i might take mcnabb, just based on value at that point. and if he gets hot, his household name will help skyrocket his trade value. but i will do everything in my power to avoid him this year and do not think he is a low-end QB1 or even a high-end QB2.

I wouldnt be very comfortable if he was my #1, but there are worse options. Here is where he lies in my rankings:

Brady

Manning

Romo

Brees

Big Ben

Palmer

Anderson

Hasselbeck

McNabb

Favre

So he is in my third tier of guys, probaly the last #1 QB before I see a decent dropoff.

I'd take him a little earlier. probably the #5 or #6 QB on the board. but hes one of those guys where you NEED an adequate backup on your roster if you pick him. (just to cover you in the event he gets hurt again)

you cant just take a guy with a history of injury without getting a top end backup QB onto your roster.

Don't discount the fact that Philly throw's the ball possibly more than anyone else in the league.

Take this as you will with me being a Philly homer, but McNabb looks as good as he did in 2004. Before then and his injuries he's put up great fantasy numbers even when he didn't have TO. But it's no secret that in order to be a top 10 QB, he's gotta stay healthy and to me, that's the ONLY question mark.

McNabb healthy all year is DEFINATELY a top 10 QB this year. Anyone who thinks otherwise if a focking moron. Just be weary to get a half-decent QB incase he does go down.

p.s. when I mean a half-decent QB, I don't mean the likes of Eli Manning! 6th ranked QB??? Come on, dude. Jeff Garcia?? Yeah, he did great here in philly but what has he done since he left? If memory serves me right, McNabb doubled his numbers last year and that was coming off a serious knee injury.

..........at your own peril. If McNabb finishes higher than 9th in fantasy points for QBs I'll be shocked. And that's his upside.

He probably won't because he will get injured, but when looking at points per game he is more than capabale of being a #1 QB, you just need to have a decent backup for when he does get hurt

Don't discount the fact that Philly throw's the ball possibly more than anyone else in the league.

Take this as you will with me being a Philly homer, but McNabb looks as good as he did in 2004. Before then and his injuries he's put up great fantasy numbers even when he didn't have TO. But it's no secret that in order to be a top 10 QB, he's gotta stay healthy and to me, that's the ONLY question mark.

McNabb healthy all year is DEFINATELY a top 10 QB this year. Anyone who thinks otherwise if a focking moron. Just be weary to get a half-decent QB incase he does go down.

p.s. when I mean a half-decent QB, I don't mean the likes of Eli Manning! 6th ranked QB??? Come on, dude. Jeff Garcia?? Yeah, he did great here in philly but what has he done since he left? If memory serves me right, McNabb doubled his numbers last year and that was coming off a serious knee injury.

I really look for Eli Manning to have a big year! Have you watched them in the preseason this year? Why do people hate on Eli all the time? He played great in the playoffs and just won the MVP of the Superbowl. Unlike Trent Dilfer who someone else compared him to. Having him as the 6th or 7th QB is in order. As far as Garcia he is very old now but still a decent qb. And didn't like 30% of McNabbs yards and tds (as well as Curtis) come in one game against a very confused defense. Seems like it was the Lions but I cant say for sure. All I remember is seeing Curtis catch like 4 tds and no one within 20 yards of him each time. I know you cant just take that away but it was not a normal NFL game by no means. If McNabb stays healthy (He Wont) I would put him around 12, but I doubt id draft him there and if I did I would be drafting another very soon.

McVomit will get hurt as usual. He is a bust and will not do anything. He has to play the mighty Dallas Defense twice and we will beat the sh-t out of him. Avoid McVomit at all costs and get someone with more upside like...............Kyle Orton. Yeah, I just said that......Orton is better than McVomit.