Sign in to follow this  
jmueller44

Chris Perry "Named" Starting RB for Cincy

i think he could grab the starting job and not look back. rudi is starting to break down and now could become the back tha twill give perry some rest maybe get 10 carries. if perry gets the job for god would be a steal to grab in the 8th round or so

Great! Yet another worthless RB sitting on my bench. This guy won't do jack sh--t!

do u ever back up what u say with actual reasons or do u just like to sound stupid?

do u ever back up what u say with actual reasons or do u just like to sound stupid?

First, Cincy is a pass first team. Second, their offensive line is not as good as it used to be. Third, this guy has been in the NFL for five years and now all the sudden he is a stud RB? Give me a focking break! If he was as good as the developing hype then he would have started long ago. He will also be part of a RBBC situation even if he starts, so I think I am correct in my assessment. The guy will most likely not do anything and but who cares. There are plenty of nerds on this site who are getting an erection dreaming about getting this guy and seeing him go for 2000 yards and 20 TDs. I am sure he will blow up and get LT numbers since he has been riding the bench now for what? ...................five years?

Just like the Cowboys working on their 6th championship even though they haven't won a playoff game in what ...........12 years?!

Sure, Cincy likes to pass, but is that going to keep you from drafting Barber or Addai. They play on supposed "pass first" teams. Plus, Perry is touted for being an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

The big knock on Chris is that he can't stay healthy. He hasn't been riding the bench for 5 years as much as he's been on IR. He's shown flashes of talent when he's gotten on the field.

Nobody is projecting astronomic numbers for Perry, but IF he can stay on the field he has the potential to VASTLY outperform his ADP, which in most cases is N/A as he can be picked up as a FA in many leagues.

Just like the Cowboys working on their 6th championship even though they haven't won a playoff game in what ...........12 years?!

Sure, Cincy likes to pass, but is that going to keep you from drafting Barber or Addai. They play on supposed "pass first" teams. Plus, Perry is touted for being an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

The big knock on Chris is that he can't stay healthy. He hasn't been riding the bench for 5 years as much as he's been on IR. He's shown flashes of talent when he's gotten on the field.

Nobody is projecting astronomic numbers for Perry, but IF he can stay on the field he has the potential to VASTLY outperform his ADP, which in most cases is N/A as he can be picked up as a FA in many leagues.

Once a scrub, always a scrub! I have this punk on the bench of one of my teams and that is where he will stay. I will most likely drop him when he gets hurt again or is relegated to a backup. The guy is a no talent arse clown.

I have this punk on the bench of one of my teams and that is where he will stay

The guy is a no talent arse clown.

You should fire your GM for wasting your roster space with no talent arse clowns when there are potential sleepers still out on the streets

First, Cincy is a pass first team. Second, their offensive line is not as good as it used to be. Third, this guy has been in the NFL for five years and now all the sudden he is a stud RB? Give me a focking break! If he was as good as the developing hype then he would have started long ago. He will also be part of a RBBC situation even if he starts, so I think I am correct in my assessment. The guy will most likely not do anything and but who cares. There are plenty of nerds on this site who are getting an erection dreaming about getting this guy and seeing him go for 2000 yards and 20 TDs. I am sure he will blow up and get LT numbers since he has been riding the bench now for what? ...................five years?

Priest Holmes anyone? :headbanger:

Do the FFTodayers believe Perry will actually start week 1 or is this coachspeak to motivate Rudi since the season does not start today? What does this do to Rudi?

Do the FFTodayers believe Perry will actually start week 1 or is this coachspeak to motivate Rudi since the season does not start today? What does this do to Rudi?

stay away from both till the value is right. Rudy has no upside, and is guaranteed to share even if he is starter. Perry has great upside, but upside don't pay the bills. Value can be had post 6th round, and depending on how competitive your league is, and assuming you don't live in the ohio area, perry can be had 7-10th round, where he should absolutely be drafted, if for nothing else then because you'll be picking up the likes of Vincent jackson there, and a possible sleeper rb on a solid offensive team is work more than a vincent jackson...

Cincy is a pass team, but Rudi had like 3 straight seasons or 300-340 carries.

No one has said he is a stud besides the 1 guy who said he is among the best talent at RB in the NFL.

Started long ago? He has been hurt.

You are dumb. But everyone already knows this.

Rudi Johnson Published Fri Aug 22 12:22:29 p.m. CT 2008

(RotoWire) Johnson (hamstring) said he'll return to game action in this coming Thursday night's preseason finale in Indianapolis, the Bengals' official site reports.

Analysis: When asked about coach Marvin Lewis' statement that Chris Perry would be the starter if the season opened now, Johnson said, "The season doesn't start now." Our guess is that barring a setback, Johnson will reclaim (or retain, depending on how you look at it) the starting role, but Perry figures to remain in the mix, especially given his pass-catching ability.

Cincy is a pass team, but Rudi had like 3 straight seasons or 300-340 carries.

No one has said he is a stud besides the 1 guy who said he is among the best talent at RB in the NFL.

Started long ago? He has been hurt.

You are dumb. But everyone already knows this.

The guy is a loser! He has no talent and is a bust. I have a 200 I.Q. and am better than you. Rudi is a broken down piece of crap and Perry is a first round bust who will never get the starting job for long. This guy will ride the bench for most of this season after they see how big a loser he is and bench his weak arse.

The guy is a loser! He has no talent and is a bust. I have a 200 I.Q. and am better than you. Rudi is a broken down piece of crap and Perry is a first round bust who will never get the starting job for long. This guy will ride the bench for most of this season after they see how big a loser he is and bench his weak arse.

200 huh? Well thank you for GREATLY dumbing down all your posts so the rest of us can understand the golden knowledge spewing forth from your fingers.

Sounds like Priest Holmes.... :pointstosky:

I have nothing to add here, but am here to ask a favor of you all. Can you please stop quoting the 200 IQ troll? Those of us that have him on ignore can see his stupidity when you quote him. TIA

I have nothing to add here, but am here to ask a favor of you all. Can you please stop quoting the 200 IQ troll? Those of us that have him on ignore can see his stupidity when you quote him. TIA

You know you love me! :banana:

Rudi Johnson Published Fri Aug 22 12:22:29 p.m. CT 2008

(RotoWire) Johnson (hamstring) said he'll return to game action in this coming Thursday night's preseason finale in Indianapolis, the Bengals' official site reports.

Analysis: When asked about coach Marvin Lewis' statement that Chris Perry would be the starter if the season opened now, Johnson said, "The season doesn't start now." Our guess is that barring a setback, Johnson will reclaim (or retain, depending on how you look at it) the starting role, but Perry figures to remain in the mix, especially given his pass-catching ability.

Bottom line: as Rudi said, the season doesn't start today. You'd be surprised how quickly athletes get healthy when their job is in jeopardy.

I am a loser! I have no talent and am a bust. I will be banned after they see how big a loser I am.

Preach on brother man!

I keep hoping, but the powers that be have yet to agree with the rest of us.

:lol:

Bottom line: as Rudi said, the season doesn't start today. You'd be surprised how quickly athletes get healthy when their job is in jeopardy.

Last I checked Rudi doesn't make that decision... What else is hr gonna say? "Yes, I have been in a decline for 2 years and I just cant get healthy. the team would be smart to bench me and put in Perry. He has more talent then me anyhow... plus he can actually catch, while my hands are better suited to make clay bricks in a sweat shop."

Wait! I can suppress having to read this tool's comments? WTH! Thanks for tipping me off to this.

Chris Perry was a superbly talented RB coming out of Michigan that had all the makings of a feature back, running, blocking, receiving, but was never able to stay healthy long enough to overtake the rapidly winding down Rudi Johnson.

If he's healthy, I'll be excited to see if he can actually overtake Johnson and become the back many of us thought he could be before so many serious injuries derailed his early NFL career. I don't see him being drafted ahead of the 10th round until the time that he is declared the official starter.

Wait! I can suppress having to read this tool's comments?

It doesn't do any good. You still see his name come up where his post is and you can instantly imagine the asinine comment the post must contain.

I keep hoping, but the powers that be have yet to agree with the rest of us.

:music_guitarred:

Most likely scenario, he is the troll gimmick account of a mod. Hence not being banned. I've seen it happen before at other forums.

Most likely scenario, he is the troll gimmick account of a mod. Hence not being banned. I've seen it happen before at other forums.

What the fock does that mean?

You're saying that this idiot is actually some random person that a Mod decided to create?

No thanks.

Lay off the conspiracy theories, please.

Here we go again! The mouth breathers of the world are ganging up on me for simply posting my opinion. I guess going against societal norms enrages the sheeple and they in turn try to oppress me and take away my rights. I have not violated any rules and will not violate any rules. Personal attacks are against the rules and yet no one seems to mind when I am attacked. Different season, same crap!

A dream I had early this morning.

It's a Bengals preseason game, and I see Kenny Watson (not Chris Perry) come in as the 2nd RB (after Rudi). Then when Watson goes out, in comes Chris Perry. I see a swing pass to Perry out to the right, he makes a juke and the defender falls down, and Perry takes off straight ahead toward the endzone. Then I notice he's running a little funny, kind of with a hitch. I'm already cheering, after all he just made a sweet move and looked headed toward the endzone and I got him out of free agency in my Geek League and think he could be a good RB this year. Then I see Perry is running with a metal stick leg on his right leg. He gets caught from behind at about the 30. Then the announcer says, Chris Perry decided he needed to amputate his leg. What does that mean?, I think to myself. He freakin' amputated his own leg. Probably not, but in anycase I was shocked. I was devasted because he was 3rd string again and crippled. Still playing football though. Tough dude. Then I woke up.

That's when you know you're obsessed with fantasy football.

Perry is by far the most talented RB on that team. In fact, IMO he's one of the most talented RB's in the league. I would actually rank him in the top 10 (talent wise). He is a very fun guy to watch. Unfortunatley, he just can not stay healthy. With his kind of injury history, even if he is named the starter, i would think the coaching staff would probably try to limit his carries. While I would love to see what he could do if he could stay healthy, he is a definite gamble. I personally couldn't justify risking a very high pick on him at all.

:bandana:

wow looks like pimptaddy was on to something, I;ve never since a running back run for 1 yard on every attempt, last week he even managed to maintain his receptions to 1 yard I guess he's a very consistent guy.

The ryan leaf of running backs shouldn't be on the NFL