Sign in to follow this  
idiotekniQues

If All Day goes #1

then what?

most people are predicating the first few draft choices on LT2 going 1st.

I am the 2nd pick in one league and if AP goes 1 im not sure i want LT2. is that crazy talk?

then what?

I am the 2nd pick in one league and if AP goes 1 im not sure i want LT2. is that crazy talk?

Don't take offense, cause it's not meant that way. Stop worrying about the first round. You can teach any monkey to draft the first round, you need to concentrate on what you're going to do in the rest of the rounds to build a strong team. Rounds 2-9 make or break a fantasy team, not round 1. By the way, you'd be a fool to not take LT at #2 if AP goes first.

Don't take offense, cause it's not meant that way. Stop worrying about the first round. You can teach any monkey to draft the first round, you need to concentrate on what you're going to do in the rest of the rounds to build a strong team. Rounds 2-9 make or break a fantasy team, not round 1. By the way, you'd be a fool to not take LT at #2 if AP goes first.

very true. i have a long list of later round players to target, especially ones that may fly under the radar. but i was planning for a later round first round pick like 6-9 cause i prefer that slot.

it's a 6 point per TD league so for a second i was considering brady but thought that was too high. westbrook maybe as daunte looks good but he is a big injury risk but he produces. i was unsure of LT2's downturn trying to be nostradamus here, but figure with chambers, jackson and rivers clicking it would be huge for LT2 yet again. sjax i dont like with the problems on the o-line as a top 6 and addai feels fragile to be a #2 pick. gore & barber are too high for that spot i thought. so really i guess lt2 is the only answer.

then what?

:overhead:

very true. i have a long list of later round players to target, especially ones that may fly under the radar. but i was planning for a later round first round pick like 6-9 cause i prefer that slot.

it's a 6 point per TD league so for a second i was considering brady but thought that was too high. westbrook maybe as daunte looks good but he is a big injury risk but he produces. i was unsure of LT2's downturn trying to be nostradamus here, but figure with chambers, jackson and rivers clicking it would be huge for LT2 yet again. sjax i dont like with the problems on the o-line as a top 6 and addai feels fragile to be a #2 pick. gore & barber are too high for that spot i thought. so really i guess lt2 is the only answer.

So you don't like anyone besides AD? Why don't you trade the 2nd pick and your 3rd round pick for the 11th overall?

I'm just happy I drafted with a guy like you who didn't want L.T. at #2... I got him at #3 and It paved the way for one of my best drafts in 6 years.

as long as daunte is looking good the choice has to be westbrook right? :unsure: stop thinking about something a 6 year old would be able to decide......lt or lose PERIOD

crack kills but it pays the bills

they call him joey crack!

never get high off your own supply,

you know that ###### is wack!

I'm just happy I drafted with a guy like you who didn't want L.T. at #2... I got him at #3 and It paved the way for one of my best drafts in 6 years.

Pictures or it didn't happen! :pointstosky:

Seriously, LT at #3 is insane. Congrats on your upcoming championship.

2 years ago I got LT at #3 and won the championship....Dude take LT.

So you don't like anyone besides AD? Why don't you trade the 2nd pick and your 3rd round pick for the 11th overall?

i dont really like AD either. i mean i like him, but just dont like the insane investment in a top 3 player - LT2 was a bum for the first bunch of games last year, can u afford #2 pick to start off that slow for that long? i mean he can easily also run for 1500 and over 20TD's starting day 1 as well.

AP is an injury risk on a team with a great o-line but no qb. westbrook can be huge, but dealing with another year of being questionable might be the one where he misses more of those games.

personally i dont think anybody is worth a top 3 pick this year, it is too much investment.

i am trying to trade out of the #2 spot.

im offering the #9 guy to swap 1st and 2nd rounders, then their 4th and 5th for my 5th and 9th is my tentative thought. unsure yet.

ill have the 9th 1st round pick - can get a barber or a gore there possibly - a nice early 2nd round pick followed by an early 3rd round pick, 2 in the 4th and one in the 5th. none in the 9th.

thoughts?

Not wanting LT is the same thing as saying you don't want poosay, money and respect. Last time I checked LT can get you all three if he is on your fantasy team. :doublethumbsup:

Seriously, LT at #3 is insane. Congrats on your upcoming championship.

I hate moronic comments like this!

:doublethumbsup:

So LT falls two spots and that team wins the championship? If LT goes 1 or 2, do they win it? Is that all that matters, who gets LT? What if you get LT at #3 but no other picks fall as well? You may still have a great team, a good team, or even a crappy-one stud team.

NO league is won or lost on ONE pick and to say so is just rookie like!

:wave:

:overhead:

So LT falls two spots and that team wins the championship? If LT goes 1 or 2, do they win it? Is that all that matters, who gets LT? What if you get LT at #3 but no other picks fall as well? You may still have a great team, a good team, or even a crappy-one stud team.

:unsure:

Players were falling the whole draft for me....L.T. just set it in motion. Here is the teams I ended up with by round:

1.03 L.T.

2.08 L.J.

3.03 A. Johnson

4.08 J. Lewis

5.03 S. Holmes

6.08 C. Palmer

7.03 A. Gates

8.08 R. White

9.03 M. Forte

10.08 N. Burleson

11.03 Bulger

12.08 Bears D

13.03 Mendenhall

14.08 Crosby

15.03 Ravens D

16.08 Prater

No championship is guaranteed, but as far as drafts go, I feel like it couldn't have turned out much better.

it's not a case of "everyone falling into place for you" it's a case of drafting with complete morons guy. Gates in the 7th round???? let me guess Keller was the first TE off the boards? I hope nobody invests money in that league

it's not a case of "everyone falling into place for you" it's a case of drafting with complete morons guy. Gates in the 7th round???? let me guess Keller was the first TE off the boards? I hope nobody invests money in that league

Witten was the first TE off the board in the 5th…The position is not required. It's a big money league in its 6th year and I did see some bad picks. I was just in a position to capitalize on them. It’s always a fun day and a couple of guys were drafting with a thick set of beer goggles on, reaching for guys too early and not recognizing the value at hand.

I just hope it pans out into a championship and a lucrative payday.

:cheers:

:nono:

Interesting! I am sure leagues were won on one pick last year with Brady, or the year Manning got 49 TDs or the year LT went off for the TD record.

I am sure leagues were won on one pick last year with Brady, or the year Manning got 49 TDs

Yep, I had a championship the year Manning set that record. He single-handedly won me the league.

Sure, I had to have some other players, but nobody else had to do much. Smooth sailing all the way.

i dont really like AD either. i mean i like him, but just dont like the insane investment in a top 3 player - LT2 was a bum for the first bunch of games last year, can u afford #2 pick to start off that slow for that long? i mean he can easily also run for 1500 and over 20TD's starting day 1 as well.

AP is an injury risk on a team with a great o-line but no qb. westbrook can be huge, but dealing with another year of being questionable might be the one where he misses more of those games.

personally i dont think anybody is worth a top 3 pick this year, it is too much investment.

i am trying to trade out of the #2 spot.

im offering the #9 guy to swap 1st and 2nd rounders, then their 4th and 5th for my 5th and 9th is my tentative thought. unsure yet.

ill have the 9th 1st round pick - can get a barber or a gore there possibly - a nice early 2nd round pick followed by an early 3rd round pick, 2 in the 4th and one in the 5th. none in the 9th.

thoughts?

You sir are crazy. You are way too worried about every little thing. You will trade out of a great position just to watch LT run for his 1500/16 50/500/3.

Players were falling the whole draft for me....L.T. just set it in motion. Here is the teams I ended up with by round:

1.03 L.T.

2.08 L.J.

3.03 A. Johnson

4.08 J. Lewis

5.03 S. Holmes

6.08 C. Palmer

7.03 A. Gates

8.08 R. White

9.03 M. Forte

10.08 N. Burleson

11.03 Bulger

12.08 Bears D

13.03 Mendenhall

14.08 Crosby

15.03 Ravens D

16.08 Prater

No championship is guaranteed, but as far as drafts go, I feel like it couldn't have turned out much better.

That's pretty good. How many teams are in your league? I'm guessing you have a small league, or a couple of people who didn't know what they were doing in the draft.

:doh:

:nono:

OK, so I was being a bit over-the-top, but getting the clear #1 pick with the #3 pick gives that team a huge advantage over everyone else. Plus as noted above more bonehead picks were made, as I suspected after seeing the #1 and #2 picks. One "gift" pick doesn't always win a championship, but it sure doesn't hurt. :bench:

That's pretty good. How many teams are in your league? I'm guessing you have a small league, or a couple of people who didn't know what they were doing in the draft.

It's a 10 team league.