Sign in to follow this  
brewmaster

Drafting Defenses based upon playoff schedule

Anyone drafting team defenses based upon the schedule during the playoff weeks? I typically draft defenses quite late because it makes most sense to play the matchups, there are usually good WW pickups, and defenses can be difficult to predict before the season starts. Just wondering if anyone has targeted any particular team defenses based upon their schedule during your playoff weeks? If so, who are you looking at? I'll try to add some in the next day or so.

Anyone drafting team defenses based upon the schedule during the playoff weeks? I typically draft defenses quite late because it makes most sense to play the matchups, there are usually good WW pickups, and defenses can be difficult to predict before the season starts. Just wondering if anyone has targeted any particular team defenses based upon their schedule during your playoff weeks? If so, who are you looking at? I'll try to add some in the next day or so.

Where's Robb with his defensive combo's spreadsheet when we need him??? ROBB !!!!!

We start 2 DEF in our league and I drafted my second D based on their playoff sched as the 21st D off the board (D's went surprisingly fast this year). I took New Orleans because they play the following:

Week 14: Atlanta

Week 15: at Chicago

Week 16: at Detroit

I picked up a Defense every week with the best match up all season long, and I think I actually had only one good game out of my D for the whole year. Matchups look and sound good, but if you think the Saints are gonna score you good points just because they play crappy teams, think again, the Saints D will make all those offenses look better than what they really are.

We start 2 DEF in our league and I drafted my second D based on their playoff sched as the 21st D off the board (D's went surprisingly fast this year). I took New Orleans because they play the following:

Week 14: Atlanta

Week 15: at Chicago

Week 16: at Detroit

I did notice they had the best stretch of playoff games vs. crappy offenses. Then I remembered their best cover guy is coming off ACL, and their second best DB is in his 15th season. Vilma is a nice pickup, but they don't have the pass rush to support their mediocre defensive backfield. What were they last year, something like 26th in overall yards, 30th is passing (from memory...look it up if you really care).

Have you been following the Saints camp or preseason games? What did they do to improve that? Not enough. How did they look in the preseason? Horrible, without a clue.

I don't care if they're playing Louisiana Tech, they ain't gonna do anything for your FF team.

CHI plays week 14-16 @ home, just saying

That's funny because I came into this thread because I have Chicago D and am nervous as he!! about it.

I consider DEFs when plotting out skill players in the playoff weeks. DUDE - Pittsburgh plays BAL (22nd OFF) and TEN (21st OFF) in wks 15 & 16!

AND - PIT is a Top-5 defense, anyways! :headbanger:

Where's Robb with his defensive combo's spreadsheet when we need him??? ROBB !!!!!

Robb here!

I sent out my DTBC a month ago to well over 38 people on this Board who requested it. Thanks for asking jgsmalllobster.

I will send it to anyone who sends me a request to: robbaustin@gmail.com

There are 2-3 good Defense Combos this year!!