Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

Romo or Brees? Who's your guy this year?

So I'm considering between these 2 and they're so close I'm thinking about flipping a coin.

Romo has more potential for huge games with bigger TD counts but if he loses TO, he's in trouble.

Brees will throw for a ton of yards and can survive an injury to his receivers but hasn't put up the gigantic td games Romo did last year.

I'm feeling Brees is the safer pick but Romo has more upside.

Who are you picking this year? Would you pick either/both of them over Peyton?

I completely agree with your assesment. I think Brees is the safer pick but Romo has more upside.

For me, it would be Romo but I'm a Cowboy fan and that puts him over the top in my decision. I'd be extremely happy with either though and have them ranked as the rock solid #3 and 4 QB's this year with a huge fall off to #5.

Go with your gut, they'll both be great.

just a small note: dallas #3,4, and 5 wrs are now injured.

sam hurd has a high ankle sprain

miles austin has a knee injury

stanback has a dislocated shoulder

of course that #3 guy isn't getting a lot of attention anyway, but it might lead to a less explosive offense, more reliance on the running game, and more dumpoffs to felix jones.

also the lg kyle kosier got injured, missing maybe 4 games??

and the backups haven't looked great, so they traded for a veteran guard from the broncos holland.

first week against cleveland going against shaun rogers

2nd week against philly who loves to blitz inside. if the guards show no ability to pass block, it could lead to a cascading effect

Romo has been banging Jessica Simpson for the entire offseason.

Stick a fork in him...he's lost his mojo. Take Brees.

Got Brees in the 3rd----------------------Championship :first:

At least I hope PLEEESE I need the money.

Brees, for a few reasons:

Saints defense is terrible, they will have to score more points to keep up

Brees has been a probowl QB for a longer period of time, but is still young in QB years

Brees has a younger stud WR, TO is 34, i think he is a higher injury risk than Colston

Romo's coordinators were raided by miami this last season, not the same guy calling the plays as he had the last 2 seasons.

Brees, Romo has more of a run game so NO will have to pass, and the Def stinks. Brees was great last year even though he skd for several weeks at the begining. Let's hope Shockeys mouth doesn't ruin things there,.

Romo has been banging Jessica Simpson for the entire offseason.

Stick a fork in him...he's lost his mojo. Take Brees.

I agree, Romo probably shot his MOJO all over her. :pointstosky:

Another reason to go with Brees- my championship game is in the #17th week, so if Romo sits I am screwed.

I have Brees ranked 2nd right now.

How early have QBs been going in all 6 pt TD leagues?

In my 6 pt per TD passing league I love having a stud QB, but drafting at the end of the first round, only way I could get one is to take one the turn of 1-2. Manning is too much of a risk, Romo's WRs are hurt, so it seems Brees is the safest option. But I can't see myself calling his name 11th overall.

Cowboys fan here.

i've got Brees in 3 leagues. although i wanted Romo, he is going too high. it's all about value. and probably the most important part of my decision to target Brees, he will be playing (theoretically) during FF playoffs.