Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

BIZARO DRAFT

A friend joined a start up 12-man league this year (for decent money), but couldn't make it so he asked me to go in his place last night. He said most of them had never played FF, but going in I still assumed everyone generally knew the basics of draftingt. I mean, how many 30+- y.o. guys haven't played FF in this day and age? I thought it was a bit odd when everyone grabbed an old FF magazine to begin the draft, but I didn't make too much of it. It was normal scoring, but they had a weird rule that everyone HAD to draft EXACTLY 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, 2 Ds, and 1 "wildcard".

In any case, I got the 11th pick. The first round started off somewhat normal - LT, AP, etc... But then Palmer and McFadden went back to back. I just thought, ok there's the dead money. Well, as it turns out nearly all of them were completely off their rockers. I finally realized how ridiculous the draft was when 2 kickers went in the 4th round. I just kept quiet and went crazy. I felt like a kid in a candy store. It's almost embaressing to post this:

1. RB Addia

2. RB Jackson

3. WR Colson

4. RB Gore

5. WR S Smith

6. WR Holmes

7. Minnesota (mind you, the 6th defense taken)

8. WR C Johnson

9. RB L Johnson... yes, the Larry Johnson. I had to confirm "no, L Johnson is still available?" They just said "yeah, good pick."

10. QB Cutler

11. TE Cooley

12. QB Delhome

13. TE Heap

14. Buffalo

15. K Hanson

16. K Longwell

If I had known they were all that insane, I would have taken a much better QB in the first round or two. But who could possibly have foreseen that? It was all I could do to keep from laughing my ass off. My buddy called this morning and asked how it went.

:music_guitarred:

I've been playing fantasy football for over 10 years and I've never seen anything like it. I don't know whether to laugh or puke.

A friend joined a start up 12-man league this year (for decent money), but couldn't make it so he asked me to go in his place last night. He said most of them had never played FF, but going in I still assumed everyone generally knew the basics of draftingt. I mean, how many 30+- y.o. guys haven't played FF in this day and age? I thought it was a bit odd when everyone grabbed an old FF magazine to begin the draft, but I didn't make too much of it. It was normal scoring, but they had a weird rule that everyone HAD to draft EXACTLY 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, 2 Ds, and 1 "wildcard".

In any case, I got the 11th pick. The first round started off somewhat normal - LT, AP, etc... But then Palmer and McFadden went back to back. I just thought, ok there's the dead money. Well, as it turns out nearly all of them were completely off their rockers. I finally realized how ridiculous the draft was when 2 kickers went in the 4th round. I just kept quiet and went crazy. I felt like a kid in a candy store. It's almost embaressing to post this:

1. RB Addia

2. RB Jackson

3. WR Colson

4. RB Gore

5. WR S Smith

6. WR Holmes

7. Minnesota (mind you, the 6th defense taken)

8. WR C Johnson

9. RB L Johnson... yes, the Larry Johnson. I had to confirm "no, L Johnson is still available?" They just said "yeah, good pick."

10. QB Cutler

11. TE Cooley

12. QB Delhome

13. TE Heap

14. Buffalo

15. K Hanson

16. K Longwell

If I had known they were all that insane, I would have taken a much better QB in the first round or two. But who could possibly have foreseen that? It was all I could do to keep from laughing my ass off. My buddy called this morning and asked how it went.

:doublethumbsup:

I've been playing fantasy football for over 10 years and I've never seen anything like it. I don't know whether to laugh or puke.

Bart thinks all 12 guys had no idea what they were doing........HOW CAN "YOU" LET LARRY JOHNSON SLIDE TO THE 9TH ROUND??????

Bart thinks all 12 guys had no idea what they were doing........HOW CAN "YOU" LET LARRY JOHNSON SLIDE TO THE 9TH ROUND??????

Obviously LJ was the icing on the cake and spoke volumes about their FF knowledge. Surely one of them had to have known better. Like I said if I'd known RBs like that would fall THAT far, I'd have taken a better QB in the first couple rounds. So as amazing as it is, I could have done even better! But you have to remember, I thought everything was on the up and up going in. I didn't have a clue until about round 4 what was happening.

They were nice guys, so I hate to make too much fun... but c'mon. What a total clown league. BTW - a few guys like E James went UNDRAFTED. : ) Hillarious.

I don't see how my friend could possibly miss the playoffs with the team I drafted for him. Hell, a blind chimp could have drafted a great team.

Obviously LJ was the icing on the cake and spoke volumes about their FF knowledge. Surely one of them had to have known better. Like I said if I'd known RBs like that would fall THAT far, I'd have taken a better QB in the first couple rounds. So as amazing as it is, I could have done even better! But you have to remember, I thought everything was on the up and up going in. I didn't have a clue until about round 4 what was happening.

They were nice guys, so I hate to make too much fun... but c'mon. What a total clown league. BTW - a few guys like E James went UNDRAFTED. : ) Hillarious.

I don't see how my friend could possibly miss the playoffs with the team I drafted for him. Hell, a blind chimp could have drafted a great team.

so if guys like edge went undrafted who WAS drafted at RB for these guys? were they reaching for all the rookies or....

i guess its not terrible that you yourself let LJ slip that far. You seem to already have had 3 great backs so im sure you were focused at another position.

there were some weird picks made in my draft as well but nothing like LJ in the 9th.

Your RBs are weak... I hope your friend is still on speaking terms :rolleyes:

:doublethumbsup:

so if guys like edge went undrafted who WAS drafted at RB for these guys? were they reaching for all the rookies or....

i guess its not terrible that you yourself let LJ slip that far. You seem to already have had 3 great backs so im sure you were focused at another position.

there were some weird picks made in my draft as well but nothing like LJ in the 9th.

You're right I did want LJ earlier, but I was filling WRs and didn't really need him. Partly the reason Edge was available was because the had a MANDATOR 3 RB rule. Of course, I took 4 RBs calling one my "wildcard". They mostly picked WRs as their wildcard. Instead of Edge, they took guys like Steve Slaton and Felix Jones, who went pretty high. C Williams went in the middle rounds. etc... It was just wierd.

I'm glad yall appreciate the insanity of that draft. I've been dying to tell somebody since last night. Everytime I think about it I start laughing.

UNRESPONSIVE!!! Answer the original question.

You're right I did want LJ earlier, but I was filling WRs and didn't really need him. Partly the reason Edge was available was because the had a MANDATOR 3 RB rule. Of course, I took 4 RBs calling one my "wildcard". They mostly picked WRs as their wildcard. Instead of Edge, they took guys like Steve Slaton and Felix Jones, who went pretty high. C Williams went in the middle rounds. etc... It was just wierd.

I'm glad yall appreciate the insanity of that draft. I've been dying to tell somebody since last night. Everytime I think about it I start laughing.

So do you have the draft results to post for us to enjoy the insanity as well?

At least it started well. Last night I was in a draft where guy with the first pick announces "Minnesota" and I was waiting for him to follow with "Running Back Adrian Peterson."

But he didn't. :thumbsdown:

Yes, 1.01 was actually the Minnesota D/ST. I would have walked out if I wasn't in the middle of a beer.

Agreed; I'd much rather see the newbs drafting lineup than someone who 'cleaned up'. :thumbsdown:

I happen to have a copy right here. I forgot to mention, the #4 guy was a no-call/no-show so the pissed off commish decided to give him whatever garbage was left over after the draft. What a league!!!! :music_guitarred:

Rounds 1 & 2

1. Peterson

2. Moss

3. Westbrook

4. -

5. LT

6. Brady

7. Palmer

8. McFadden

9. Manning

10. Romo

11. Addia

12. Barber

12. Rothlesberger

11. Jackson

10. TO

9. Winslow

8. Ocho Cinco

7. MJD

6. Grant

5. Wayne

4. -

3. Brees

2. Hasselbeck

1. B Edwards

Rounds 3 & 4

1. Favre

2. Slaton

3. Fitz

4. -

5. D Anderson

6. Plexico

7. Housh

8. Bush

9. Portis

10. Lynch

11. Colston

12. Holt

12. Maroney

11. Gore

10. Welker

9. Vinateri

8. F Jones

7. Graham (not Earnest Graham) Graham the kicker for god's sake

6. Roy Williams

5. Lewis

4. -

3. A Johnson

2. Bowe

1. Young

Rounds 5 & 6

1. Boldin

2. Shuab

3. Evans

4. -

5. Clark

6. S Moss

7. H Ward

8. McNabb

9. Marshal

10. Gates

11. S Smith (carolina)

12. Witten

12. Harrison

11. S Holmes

10. Fast Willie

9. Cotchery

8. N Folk

7. Driver

6. F Taylor

5. Grakowski sp?

4. -

3. Ricky Williams

2. McGahee

1. Jacobs

Rounds 7 & 8

1. Bucs Defense

2. Bryant Johnson

3. Ben Eutech sp?

4. -

5. K Curtis

6. Dallas Defense

7. K Watson

8. Gonzo

9. San Diego Defense

10. G Jennings

11. Minnesota Defense

12. J Scobee

12. Patriots Defense

11. Calvin Johnson

10. N Rackers

9. L Coles

8. R White

7. D Branch

6. Shockey

5. Chambers

4. -

3. D Hester

2. Miller

1. Stallworth

Rounds 9 & 10

1. Burleson

2. P Dawson

3. S Janakowski

4. -

5. Jacksonville Defense

6. D Akers

7. Kitna

8. E Manning

9. R Brown

10. Pittsburgh Defense

11. L Johnson - sad

12. Galloway

12. M Ryan

11. Cutler

10. Jones (not sure which Jones RB)

9. K Smith

8. Lewis (TE)

7. Olson

6. Rivers

5. Turner

4. -

3. Garrard

2. Seatle Defense

1. A Crumpler

etc. through round 16. :lol:

Amazingly, the #4 guy still ended up with guys like Edgrin James, Matt Forte, and few other unbelievable names that didn't even get drafted. What a draft!