Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Addai owners...

From ESPN

"Addai and Dominic Rhodes are expected to split playing time at running back similar to the end of the 2006 season, head coach Tony Dungy told the team's official web site. "They know they're both going to get to play. They know they're both going to get the ball their share of the time," Dungy said. "It worked out pretty well. Hopefully, we can duplicate that."

Spin: Addai got 59 percent of the carries and 63 percent of the touches during the postseason of Indy's 2007 Super Bowl title. A similar ratio in 2008 may be a slight decline from last season's touches and a disappointment to many fantasy owners, but also may keep him healthier (he missed one game last year due to injury and his production waned late in the season)."

I think this was posted earlier but I wanted to start a discussion about this. I know Addai tailed off toward the end of last year and honestly I had not viewed Rhodes as much of a threat but after reading this and remembering that the split was so close to 60-40 2 years ago, I am now a little concerned and wondering if I should try to move Addai before the season.

A bad game (playing chicago's D) and any sort of good stats for Rhodes could really hurt Addais trade value.

So how concerned are you guys by this? Are you still predicting good numbers for Addai? What would you be targeting for him in a trade?

Addai likes to cry. After four snaps from the Hall of Fame Game, Addai had a "head injury" and sat on the bench. That is the type of move that reminds me of last year. This year, I see Addai taking the "receiving" running back role and they'll dump the ball to him. I think Rhodes will be getting the carries up the middle unfortunately.

Not an Addai fan anymore. He might be sitting on the :lol: by week 10.

ya know , I hadn't heard that he was for sure going to split time until you posted this but I'm not surprised. Last year, he gave up carries to Kenton Keith who's headed for the CFL now??? When the Colts got Rhodes and then drafted Hart I was a little worried about Addai. Addai has just never been, and never will be, a superstud like LT who can carry the load throughout the game.

ya know , I hadn't heard that he was for sure going to split time until you posted this but I'm not surprised. Last year, he gave up carries to Kenton Keith who's headed for the CFL now??? When the Colts got Rhodes and then drafted Hart I was a little worried about Addai. Addai has just never been, and never will be, a superstud like LT who can carry the load throughout the game.

i was actually just looking over the teams in my league for possible trades.. trying to see if id be better served offering addai in a 1 for 2 or packaging Addai with someone and going after an ADP....

to be honest there really are very few load carrying guys like LT (who i also own :wub: )

Previously I thought Addai was this kind of guy.

chances are I will end up hanging onto him and hoping that Rhodes just keeps him fresh, Addai still gets all the TD's and most of the catches...

IDK, I still like him and actually think a little split time could help. He looked like a stud late 2006 and beginning of 2007 and then started to slip. I think now that he has a couple years under his belt, and the ability to stay fresh, he could have a great year.

I think I'm the only one that likes Mike Hart. Rhodes is a slow nobody and Addai will get hurt. I swear, every game I saw addai in last year, he disappeared with some stupid injury, chest, head, shoulder, leg, cramp, whatever, every time he got the ball I was holding my breath (had him last year). Definitely was on my avoid list this year. Went for Hart on FA.

I think I'm the only one that likes Mike Hart. Rhodes is a slow nobody and Addai will get hurt. I swear, every game I saw addai in last year, he disappeared with some stupid injury, chest, head, shoulder, leg, cramp, whatever, every time he got the ball I was holding my breath (had him last year). Definitely was on my avoid list this year. Went for Hart on FA.

That's ironic. Addai and I went all the way to the championship game last year. I'm glad to have him again this year.

yeah he really faded down the stretch. I lost my championship game and he didn't put up many points for me if i remember correctly.

at this point i will probably keep him and hope but im looking for possible trade options. if it does indeed become a time split and rhodes rips off some nice runs / lucky stats, Addais value will be shot

can you find me a RB in the NFL that will get every carry of the ball 100% of the time?

thought so....

nope.

was anyone talking about 100% of the time?

didn't think so.....

LT

wrong answer.

point being... all RB's will split carries with a back-up for 3rd downs and different plays/schemes. Some RB's just get more carries than others... hell, I remember last year where Turner would almost get more points than LT2. Is this bad news for Addai owners? no, he will still touch the ball about 25 times a game (rushes + catches). This just means that he'll be fresher as the season progresses and will play well during the FF playoffs when we need him the most.

let's not forget that Dungy has become very shady lately with the media as far as the status of his players are concerned. The old "he could have come back in" line is being used way too much. He was the sole reason people hung on to hopes that Harrison would return last season when they had to have known he was done. Coaches can say whatever they want.....let the game determine what the split is, then make a determination. Just don't be that guy that sells your top 5 pick for a bag of chips now because he's in a quote; time share.

Addai was simply awful during the 2nd half of last season. The guy is simply not built to be a full-time running back. I'm glad he's not on my team.

I think Rhodes is going to help keep Joseph Addai fresh, but it's a doubled-edged sword. Addai won't crap out as easily, but his production will suffer.

you guys are so funny sometimes. I'm literally laughing because of how quickly you give up on studs before they ever even see a regular season snap....hahaha. I assume Portis is allready a bust too huh? damn how did he not get into the end zone.....time to trade him for a top tier TE. Good luck this year guys :pointstosky:

Had my draft 2 nights ago..

Addai went...

10th overall :pointstosky:

ADP went 5th

Manning went 7th.

QB's are the most important in my league.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Glad I chose to keep Steven Jackson over Joseph Addai. :pointstosky:

I wouldn't go that far. Steven Jackson never lived up to his preseason billing in the past. I think he was out for most of the games last year due to injury.

Addai is good for a dozen touchdowns and another 3 recieving touchdowns which isn't bad production.

you guys are so funny sometimes. I'm literally laughing because of how quickly you give up on studs before they ever even see a regular season snap....hahaha. I assume Portis is allready a bust too huh? damn how did he not get into the end zone.....time to trade him for a top tier TE. Good luck this year guys :rolleyes:

Well said, go ahead and trade him if you don't think he can handle running and catching the ball. I don't believe for a minute that Rhodes is going to get half the carries, he won't produce like Addai.

I read that Addai worked all off season on conditioning so he wouldn't get run down toward years end, only time will tell.

Not an Addia owner, and thats not an accident.

He is in a great situation on that team, but with OL issues, and Rhodes back, I decided to go other directions.

This news is NOT a good sign. I dont know how many of you have went to nfl.com and looked back at the box scores of all those games in the late half of 06. Do it.

IF Dungy isnt blowing smoke and its a 60/40 split, Addia is not a "top 5 rb". Again, IF its a 60/40 split, he is NOT a top 5 guy this year.

Now, will it be that kind of split? I dont know, none of us do. Rhodes will be 30 before the super bowl is played this year...

That said, he did average 4.0 ypc in oakland last year, so he has a little left in the tank. He is a capable pass catcher as well, not great, but can get the job done. That means he will flat steal things that would be Addia if it was a true "#1rb vs #2rb" situation.

All this means only one thing. DO shop around in your league for trades. Do it TODAY, dont want till Sundays games have been played. BUT DO NOT DUMP ADDIA. No one knows for sure that he isnt a top 5 RB this year yet, so make DAMN CERTAIN you get AT LEAST top 7 rb kinda talent out of him.

Maybe a nice WR (if your in need), and a #2rb with #1 potential (in your mind). DONT GET RIPPED OFF. If you come across an owner that is aware of this possible time share, then move on, he is NOT the guy you want to trade with.

If you cant find a deal where you get top 7 RB value out of Addia, you KEEP HIM. Id prob get Rhodes, in case one of them gets hurt then your good to go.

Fact of the matter is, a 60/40 split for Addia/Rhodes would make Addia a low end RB (at best), and a low end RB2 at worst. Its not death, but it is not what he was drafted as.

Use value when you have it.

Had my draft 2 nights ago..

Addai went...

10th overall :rolleyes:

ADP went 5th

Manning went 7th.

QB's are the most important in my league.

My league(Standard Yahoo scoring) uses 6 points for quarterback touchdowns which puts the quarterback position at a very important pick.

Picks went:

1.LT

2. ADP

3. Moss

4. Brady

5. S. Jackson

6. Addai (this was my pick) ; I thought I could get a top 4 quarterback in round 2 at this point

7.Westy

8. Peyton Manning

9. RoMo

10. Barber

2.1 Brees

2.2 Owens

2.3 Gore

2.4 Wayne

2.5 Lynch This was my 2nd pick ( Only 7 touchdowns last year, but seemed to play every game.)

2.6 Fred Taylor

2.7 Gates

2.8 Portis

2.9 L. Johnson

2.10 Grant

I wouldn't go that far. Steven Jackson never lived up to his preseason billing in the past. I think he was out for most of the games last year due to injury.

Addai is good for a dozen touchdowns and another 3 recieving touchdowns which isn't bad production.

Jackson had a Geek ranking of #6 in 2006, and FFT projected him at 1,600 with 13 TDs. He ended up with 2,300 and 16.

FWIW, he missed 4 games last year, part of one other (4.5/16 = something less than most of the games).

From Week 10 to 16 (when he was healthy again) he went over 100 total yards 7 straight weeks.

Back to the OP Q...Rhodes taking 1/3 of the load will hopefully leave Addai fresh at year end; I feel sorry for anyone who was depending on him down the stretch last year.

He's not LT2, Westbrook or Jackson in terms of uncontested workload, but at #7 (where I drafted him) it was impossible to pass him up. 1,600 total and 12-15 TDs seems like the floor. His backup is 29 y.o. and far less talented.

Not the ideal stud RB situation, but better than most.

I didn't have the chance to draft him but if I was in the top 5 or 6 in any of my drafts I would have passed on him without a second thought. Probably anyone who owed him last year woudl have past on him too, just too frustrating to own.

you guys are so funny sometimes. I'm literally laughing because of how quickly you give up on studs before they ever even see a regular season snap....hahaha. I assume Portis is allready a bust too huh? damn how did he not get into the end zone.....time to trade him for a top tier TE. Good luck this year guys :doublethumbsup:

:music_guitarred:

meh, don't get me wrong, Im still fine with owning Addai. but the news of a more even split than I first assumed just brings up ideas that I should maybe look to trade him.

Im not going to give him away for nothing. More wondering if I should package him with a WR for Westbrook or offer him for Portis and see what else I can get thrown in.

Maybe swap Addai and a good WR for Gore and Andre Johnson

aka nothing crazy simply because of this info.

I also seem to remember a coach recently saying he was holding his player out of the final pre-seasn game so he could keep him as fresh as possible for the opener........right before he released him. Point being, if you rely soley on what coaches say you have no buisness playing fantasy football. The man plays in a top 3 offense, with a top 2 QB, a top 3 WR group, a great line, and has a nose for the endzone.......nuff said.