Sign in to follow this  
urban1

Randy Moss

TO is definitely above him now. Who else? Where does he fit in?

It was good to see Cassell connect on a TD with him. He ended up having a good game as well. And the Pats schedule is soft.

He still had a decent game, maybe they won't be blowing everyone out now, and he could get the same amount of looks

Moss will probably perform close to what his numbers were before Brady. Check his numbers with the Raiders. Like watch ya see?

Moss did just as good with Cassell in there. Moss is a beast, Oakland was a bad system and had nothing. He was a beast in Minnestoa with a crap QB but a good system. He is in a good system in NE and is going to get the looks. Did Moss beat you this week, is that the need for the hate??

Moss will probably perform close to what his numbers were before Brady. Check his numbers with the Raiders. Like watch ya see?

So you don't want to look at his numbers in Minny with that group of garbage QBs?

Moss quit in Oakland. Bellicheck will not let him quit. If anything I bet Moss ends up taking a leadership roll. He isn't the same player as he was in Oakland and Minny. He has had 2 bad years in his career. If you couldn't tell MOss flat out quit playing for Oakland you are blind.

What does everyone think about Welker now? I'm not expecting 90 receptions like I did at the beginning of the season, but I think 75 to 80 is still very realistic.

Tangent alert

Moss did not make Culpepper. If you guys call yourselves fans, you should knows this.

2004 stats:

Culpepper - 16 Games 4717 Yards 39 TD's 11 INT's

Moss - 13 Games 49 Rec 767 Yards

So please explain to me how Moss made culpepper good?

You football fans need to step your game up.

You have to wonder how long Moss will keep his head in the game if they lose early on. I guess we will get to see if Bellicheck really is as good as everyone thinks he is. I can't wait to see this one play out.

He still has value, even without Brady, but anyone saying it's not lower with Cassel is kidding themselves.

Even though Moss caught a TD from Cassel, it's foolish to predict such consistent output week in and out.

Moss had timing with Brady; he doesn't have it with Cassel. And who knows...Cassel might really stink :D

"Randy Moss, whats his value?"

Falling.

If Cassel were capable of running that offense well I think we would have seen some evidence of that other than 1 toss to Moss today. Yes their schedule is easy but they had their hands full with K.C. today.

Looking at that schedule, their record will probably end up being 10-6 or 9-7 and maybe win the division or a wildcard spot. Say they split w/Jets and Buffalo. They win both Miami games, San Fran, Denver (maybe), St. Louis, and they will drop one of those games at Seattle, Oakland or Arizona.

2 at NY Jets

3 Sun, Sep 21 Miami

4 -- bye -- -- --

5 Sun, Oct 5 at San Francisco

6 Sun, Oct 12 at San Diego

7 Mon, Oct 20 Denver

8 Sun, Oct 26 St. Louis

9 Sun, Nov 2 at Indianapolis

10 Sun, Nov 9 Buffalo

11 Thu, Nov 13 NY Jets

12 Sun, Nov 23 at Miami

13 Sun, Nov 30 Pittsburgh

14 Sun, Dec 7 at Seattle

15 Sun, Dec 14 at Oakland

16 Sun, Dec 21 Arizona

17 Sun, Dec 28 at Buffalo

You have to wonder how long Moss will keep his head in the game if they lose early on. I guess we will get to see if Bellicheck really is as good as everyone thinks he is. I can't wait to see this one play out.

We have to wonder if the Pats are looking at a 7-9 season and the offense just stalls without Brady how long before Moss reveals his true colors again. The thing is whenever his team goes south so does his production, interest, but most of all his effort which is the main thing I fear if the Pats have a nightmare season. I mean it's really easy to be a great model teammate when you go 16-0 and that offense sets NFL records let's see how he reacts now when the chips are down a year later cause I wouldn't be surprised if he begins to have some nagging injuries and just goes through the motions on the field. I am a Moss owner and think he still can put up Top 10 WR numbers but I have seen many times in the past him not react well to losing more so in not going full speed on gameday then his numbers actually dropping.

i'm willing to wager on Moss' character until proven otherwise. maybe it doesn't mean much but he is a team captain this year.

Until proven otherwise, I'm willing to give Moss the benefit of the doubt. Cassel wasn't terrible yesterday. He did what he had to do on a team which he hasn't had a lot of real playing time with, other than the preseason. I guess now we'll see how the other Pats players step up in Brady's absence.

Tangent alert

Moss did not make Culpepper. If you guys call yourselves fans, you should knows this.

2004 stats:

Culpepper - 16 Games 4717 Yards 39 TD's 11 INT's

Moss - 13 Games 49 Rec 767 Yards

So please explain to me how Moss made culpepper good?

You football fans need to step your game up.

I guess that year they single covered Moss, right. Covered him man with their #2 corner with no safety help.

Ever think maybe he drew so much coverage everyone else was open?

Moss' value if Cassell steps in and keeps the Patriots winning- high. No longer number one, but still in the 2-7 range.

Moss' value if the Pats start losing- total crap. See Oakland.

He still has value, even without Brady, but anyone saying it's not lower with Cassel is kidding themselves.

Even though Moss caught a TD from Cassel, it's foolish to predict such consistent output week in and out.

Moss had timing with Brady; he doesn't have it with Cassel. And who knows...Cassel might really stink :shocking:

Who needs timing when you simply close your eyes and throw it as far as you can and let Moss go up and get it?! It worked for Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, Brad Johnson....why not Matt Cassell?

I find it crazy that Matt Cassell has never started an NFL game or a college game and now he's running the best team in football! Crazy!

I find it crazy that Matt Cassell has never started an NFL game or a college game and now he's running the best team in football! Crazy!

I think you may be underestimating Brady's role in making the Pats the 'best team in football'. With Cassell, they barely beat the very-weak Chiefs in a home game.

Until further notice, Cassell is coaching a good NFL team.

As long as the QB and o-line is at least half way decent, Moss is easily one of the best WRs in the league. He has a laundry list of journeymen QBs who he made look like probowlers.

The real questions for me here are, what adjustments will NE make without Brady? I expect more running, at the very least, and this will hurt. The other question is the o-line, which was not very impressive yesterday. Moss can kill you, even with double coverage, and QBs know they can throw it up and let him make a play for it. But pressure is the best way to take Moss out of a game, and the usually solid NE o-line was a bit more questionable yesterday. With Brady, teams knew they were taking a huge risk attempting a blitz, but I expect teams to test Cassel, or whoever, a lot more.