Sign in to follow this  
bengalsfan85

Chris Johnson..didn't watch the game but his stats looked good

I know he is fast and on a run first team but is he a good start at rb? I feel like explosive players like him can be very spotty in their production and was wondering if he looks like a consistent fantasy player. I couldn't watch the game but he got more carries than fatty lendale white and had solid stats

I beleive he only had cramps and was ready to return but they used White at the end because they were grinding out the final minutes with the power run. The bits and peices of the game I saw pretty much confirms what most of thought of him and that is ROY potential and the most explosive weapon they have on offense. I actually would compare him in some ways to MBIII last season cause when Chris Johnson was in the game the Titans offense looked so much better than when White was in the game. I mean it was kinda like in Dallas when J.Jones just couldn't come close to doing the things MBIII can on the field and the offense was held back by J.Jones. White is good at what he does but Chris Johnson just brings so much more to the table at RB it will be hard to keep this a even split. This kid just needs to stay healthy while this may remain a RBBC for now he will be getting the most carries of the two.

I beleive he only had cramps and was ready to return but they used White at the end because they were grinding out the final minutes with the power run. The bits and peices of the game I saw pretty much confirms what most of thought of him and that is ROY potential and the most explosive weapon they have on offense. I actually would compare him in some ways to MBIII last season cause when Chris Johnson was in the game the Titans offense looked so much better than when White was in the game. I mean it was kinda like in Dallas when J.Jones just couldn't come close to doing the things MBIII can on the field and the offense was held back by J.Jones. White is good at what he does but Chris Johnson just brings so much more to the table at RB it will be hard to keep this a even split. This kid just needs to stay healthy while this may remain a RBBC for now he will be getting the most carries of the two.

A little of an over-reaction I think. The Titans have a great mix. They can use Johnson against the bigger/slower defenses like the Jags and they can use White against the smaller/quicker defenses like the Colts. That was the game-plan last year with Chris Brown and it was quite effective until Brown got hurt. Keep in mind that Brown, quick and fast, had 175 yards against the Jags in the season opener last year. I don't see Fisher not using White when the Matchups are favorable..

From Rotoworld:

Chris Johnson rushed 15 times for 93 yards and added three receptions for 34 yards and a touchdown to lead the Titans to a 17-10 victory over the Jags in Week 1.

For three and a half quarters Johnson was the Titans offense, showing an unparalleled burst and attacking the line of scrimmage. He left the game with a calf cramp in the fourth quarter but returned later in the drive. Johnson could come to dominate the offensive game plan as the only playmaker on the team.

From Rotoworld:

Chris Johnson rushed 15 times for 93 yards and added three receptions for 34 yards and a touchdown to lead the Titans to a 17-10 victory over the Jags in Week 1.

For three and a half quarters Johnson was the Titans offense, showing an unparalleled burst and attacking the line of scrimmage. He left the game with a calf cramp in the fourth quarter but returned later in the drive. Johnson could come to dominate the offensive game plan as the only playmaker on the team.

And fwiw, I think the Vince Young injury has little impact...except that it will likely push Chris Johnson's performance a little further down in the headlines. And that's not a bad thing.

I didnt watch the game either.

Please tell me more; who does he compare best to?

-Did he look like Portis in his rookie year? Fast and small...but durable enough to carry 20x for the first couple of years of his career.

-Or more like a rookie Napolean Kaufman? Fast as lightning, but very unlikely to be a durable, every down player.

And fwiw, I think the Vince Young injury has little impact...except that it will likely push Chris Johnson's performance a little further down in the headlines. And that's not a bad thing.

I didnt watch the game either.

Please tell me more; who does he compare best to?

-Did he look like Portis in his rookie year? Fast and small...but durable enough to carry 20x for the first couple of years of his career.

-Or more like a rookie Napolean Kaufman? Fast as lightning, but very unlikely to be a durable, every down player.

Check out his highlights here: http://www.titansonline.com/index.php (click on the video panel menu and select Chris Johnson Highlights). I don't think he reminds me of Portis because he's not taking all the hits Portis took/takes, although you can see him run over people on a couple of those plays. My impression of him is kind of like Westbrook (although I admit I haven't seen Westy that much, or paid that much attention when I have).

I watched most of the game on my laptop while I watched Turner torch the Lions on my TV.

He's exactly what I thought.

A undersized guy who hasn't shown durability issues, who is the REAL DEAL.

Lenwhale didn't hardly get any carries at all until Johnson had the calf cramp.

Which surprised even me, but Fisher ain't an idiot. He's going to get this kid the ball all day long.

He's my #3RB, and I couldn't be happier (unless Michael Bush takes over for an injured McFadden).

i'll compare him to reggie bush and jerious norwood. he's got speed like bush, or even more, but unlike bush he doesn't dance and juke and waste time, as soon as he hits the hole he's already pulling R-Trigger and his burst is incredible. He's going to average jerious norwood YPC numbers this year (around 6.0) but he's better than that too. this is saying alot, but he might be as good at catching as reggie bush is too.

on his TD reception, vince young practically threw the ball at his feet from less than 10 yards away (way to go, vince). johnson was able to reach down and catch it almost at ground level, kept his balance, everything.

the dude looks like a stud. while portis was THE guy for the broncos, johnson will have to split time, but that's today's NFL. i don't think he'll get 290 carries, but i dont think 200-250 is unreasonable by any means.

i think johnson is worth a start at the flex, and maybe even RB2 if you're thin. he's got extra value in PPR, and that should increase with collins at QB, because kerry will be able to hit him in stride on passes whereas vince can't hit a barn. lendale will be able to 'soften up' a defense when needed, as well as put games away in the second half, but johnson should be starter material since he'll get 15+ carries per game to go along with 5+ targets.

i am stoked! chugging the kool-aid!

I'm moving him above T jones as my #2 in my 1.0 PPR league. I've tried making people understand that this kid is the real deal. In PPR he'll be mini Bush type. Sit back and enjoy as long as he stays healthy

I'm moving him above T jones as my #2 in my 1.0 PPR league. I've tried making people understand that this kid is the real deal. In PPR he'll be mini Bush type. Sit back and enjoy as long as he stays healthy

yep I agree with this

see my sig, all PPR stud backs

I sat him this week in favor of Selvin... <_<

But, alas, he's on my team and very capable of being my RB2 as my league is PPR and very heavily favors receiving yards.

I'll take a second dose of the kool aid... :thumbsdown: