Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Moss delcares hit on Brady to to be "dirty"

Not dirty, but technically, wasn't it illegal even though it wasn't called on the field?

he was blocked into Brady.. lineman was practically lying on top of him .. watch the play

Clean or not. Wilfork and Bill are right in the fact that they should be consistent. A low hit is a low hit, period. When you get the league trying to interpret what the players intents are it just leads to a slippery slope. The message should be clear if the rule is intended to protect people.

Not if the guy is BLOCKED INTO THE PLAYER !! same on a punt .. he was being engaged by the lineman.. its done

Not if the guy is BLOCKED INTO THE PLAYER !! same on a punt .. he was being engaged by the lineman.. its done

Wilfork was also blocked into the QB :dunno: One gets fined the other does not. :wacko:

It doesn't mater...Belicheat is the greatest coach ever, just ask him. Well see how good he and that team is now, it is easy to coach Michael Jordan, Joe Montana , Tom Brady etc. Lets see his brillance with Cassel and crew.

It doesn't mater...Belicheat is the greatest coach ever, just ask him. Well see how good he and that team is now; It is easy to coach Michael Jordan, Joe Montana, Tom Brady etc. Lets see his brillance with Cassel and crew.

His job is to sack the QB - so when he sees his leg in front of him he goes for it - like any defensive player would do.

His intent was to sack him not to break his kneee - that's just what happens sometimes - remember this stuff is also happening in the blink of an eye.

with a running back blocking him so he stays down

Randy Moss is the most talented player in the game. He took a hit with Brady going down, but he's clearly still an elite WR. Forget Oakland. Their pass protection was an utter disaster and Moss was injured most of the time.

Wilfork was also blocked into the QB

No, this is inaccurate. Wilfork claims he was "tripped up". Watch the video (provided earlier in this thread by a courteous poster). Wilfork is clearly in control when he leaves his feet, and then leads with his forearm.

Wilfork claiming similarity does not make it so.

Not if the guy is BLOCKED INTO THE PLAYER !! same on a punt .. he was being engaged by the lineman..

This is the key. And for those who are pointing out the idea that it's a penalty if he goes low regardless - this is where that rule has its line. If the defender is engaged by a blocker, then it is interpretation as to how much control the defender has at that time. In this case, it was clear to me watching, and apparently to the NFL in review, that the defender was definitively affected by the block, and as such the contact with the QB not illegal.

Wasn't "dirty " as in he intended to hurt Brady - I don't think it was a leagal hit either. A lineman lunges his shoulder into a QB's knee only 1 thing is going to happen - Out for season... I mean I know he was already on the ground but he could have held up and could wraped up instead of full on hit.. It isn't easy for alineman to do and m,ight not be fair to ask -- but people pay to see the QB's, RB's , WR's - not lineman and when the star's go down it hurts business.

he was blocked into Brady.. lineman was practically lying on top of him .. watch the play

Watch the play? I have it set as my screen saver. :doh:

He was NOT blocked into him. He was blocked to the ground, got on his knees, and lunged for Brady. Morris then jumped on top of him.

He was NOT blocked into him. He was blocked to the ground, got on his knees, and lunged for Brady. Morris then jumped on top of him.

:wave: :shocking:

:wave: :shocking:

I thought a guy b!tching about others being "blind-to-facts" would appreciate having the facts of what happened pointed out.

Also not really.

again unintentional but yeah a little dirty as he didn't need to lunge into his knee and a knee shot is illeagal on a QB.