Sign in to follow this  
Laurence Maroney's Nuts

Braylon Edwards

So I'm looking to buy low on Braylon. All I've been able to gather thus far is that (1) he's getting the targets (2) he's dropping these targets (3) the Browns suck

So why in the fock would I want to buy low on this guy?

I'm looking to get insight from Browns homers / Braylon owners here:

(i) Is he getting separation from defenders, or is his foot bothering him?

(ii) Is it just a matter of him and Anderson getting their mojo back?

(iii) Or is it as bad as some Braylon owners are making it out to be - he has forgotten how to catch a football?

While I don't like the Browns so much as a team (and their schedule is hella tough), I have to believe that as long as his injury isn't bothering him then he should at least turn it around a bit and be a reasonable WR2 as he is the main weapon on that offense.

So I'm looking to buy low on Braylon. All I've been able to gather thus far is that (1) he's getting the targets (2) he's dropping these targets (3) the Browns suck

So why in the fock would I want to buy low on this guy?

I'm looking to get insight from Browns homers / Braylon owners here:

(iii) Or is it as bad as some Braylon owners are making it out to be - he has forgotten how to catch a football?

While I don't like the Browns so much as a team (and their schedule is hella tough), I have to believe that as long as his injury isn't bothering him then he should at least turn it around a bit and be a reasonable WR2 as he is the main weapon on that offense.

I would do it if you can get him relatively cheap. I wouldn't put too much weight on a windy day vs. Pittsburgh.

i) he's not really getting that open; his foot might be an issue or he's simply rusty

ii) the Browns don't look like the same team from 2007...not at all. I'm worried.

iii) it's that bad. He's dropping everything thrown at him and it looks very clumsy.

he is the main weapon on that offense

Sorry to inform you, that honor belongs to Kellen Winslow

He sucks and so do the Browns and their schedule is tough all year.

Too bad I drafted him ni 2 leagues :banana:

Jebus people panic early and often around here.

I love having the No. 1 Rec on a team with a brutal schedule. That means they are behind and forced to throw the ball every game. Garbage time points add up quick in FF :dunno:

I love having the No. 1 Rec on a team with a brutal schedule. That means they are behind and forced to throw the ball every game. Garbage time points add up quick in FF :thumbsdown:

As a Steve Smith owner last year I strongly advise against this logic. :unsure:

I have Braylon Edwards..

if you offered me Terrell Owens, I would trade him to you.

I love having the No. 1 Rec on a team with a brutal schedule. That means they are behind and forced to throw the ball every game. Garbage time points add up quick in FF :thumbsup:

:cheers:

The Braylon owner in my league is an early panic type of guy, so I just traded him Roddy White + Tony Scheffler for Edwards & am loving my receiver core now (Owens, Marshall, Edwards with Kellen Winslow at TE).

Is it possible he continues with the drops all season? Sure, but if you can acquire him at an affordable price the potential payoff seems more than worth the risk.

i) he's not really getting that open; his foot might be an issue or he's simply rusty

ii) the Browns don't look like the same team from 2007...not at all. I'm worried.

iii) it's that bad. He's dropping everything thrown at him and it looks very clumsy.

Sorry to inform you, that honor belongs to Kellen Winslow

Thanks for the feedback... can't believe I forgot the soldier! Although, I consider him and Braylon to be more of a 1A and 1B.

If you find a panicked Braylon owner, it wouldn't hurt to see if you could pry him away for cheap. I do have him and am not selling low as I think he can turn it around, but I am not panicking as I have a strong WR corps and can afford to sit him.

I love having the No. 1 Rec on a team with a brutal schedule. That means they are behind and forced to throw the ball every game. Garbage time points add up quick in FF :thumbsup:

That's great he still needs to catch the ball but he can't because he sucks

I just unloaded Braylon Edwards and Chester Taylor for McNabb and Eddie Royal. My #1 wr is now Calvin Johnson.

My other QB's were Hasselbeck and Schaub, so I wanted an improvement. He was holding Big Ben, Kurt Warner and McNabb, so could afford to give up McNabb. Neither one of us owns AP. The AP owner's a rookie in our league and never handcuffed.

He feels like Braylon will still end up with good numbers, at least better than Eddie Royal. I like my chances with Royal and the Broncos offense.

I read in an earlier thread this year that many posters thought Braylon would be the #1 bust this year. I'm starting to agree.

As a Steve Smith owner last year I strongly advise against this logic. :thumbsup:

He didn't have a QB for most of the focking year. David Carr and Vinny T couldn't even throw the ball down the field, what do you expect?

As soon as they gave the job to Matt Moore, he started flinging the ball down the field, and Steve Smith was effective.

Steve Smith even started for me in the Super Bowl last year, helping me win because of Moore getting the start.

Rookie move to trade him. Dude got cleated in the heel right before the season started. So he looks a little off. This isn't an ACL, hamstring, etc. He will get better each day. And he will have monster games. Trade him at your own peril.

As a Braylon owner, I was disgusted by the first game. I do have the luxury of being able to start Fitz and MEgatron instead though. SO he'll just sit on my bench until he can get his hand eye working, or Derek Anderson get his shat together, depending on how you view his drops. First game=Braylon's fault. Second game, Anderson looked weak. But you can probably get him for a decent value, depending on what you have.I would have been up shat creek if I hadn't drafted multiple receivers early. It's always league specific...

I've got Braylon and I'm not selling.

My wideouts:

Andre Johnson

Braylon Edwards

Chris Chambers

Santana Moss

Hines Ward

and I have no positions that are screaming to be upgraded, that being said if you have a braylon owner with 2 losses and an a position that is seriously subpar then give them an upgrade with a nice WR2/3.