Sign in to follow this  
edjr

I just traded LT2 for Thomas Jones - 9/12/2008

Someone on my antsports league offered me this trade.

LT2 and Schuab for Thomas Jones and Braylon Edwards.

Start 2 running backs and either 3 WR or 2 WR/TE

I accepted the trade.

team before the trade

QB Tony Romo

QB Matt Schaub

RB Earnest Graham

RB Jonathan Stewart

RB LaDainian Tomlinson

RB Steve Slaton

RB Jacob Hester

WR Santana Moss

WR Muhsin Muhammad

WR Jerricho Cotchery

WR Ted Ginn Jr.

WR Marty Booker

It's only a $50 antsports league, but I am 2 - 0 and he is 0 - 2

I am playing against him this week too.

I needed a WR, I wasn't even starting LT2

Liar,

You really started Stewart over LT last week?

No, I used him week 1 and 2, but he was on my bench for this week, even before i traded him

I wasn't even starting him, meaning this coming week.

That was a bad trade. Jones is average and Edwards has done zilch.

and LT2 has done what? :rolleyes:

and LT2 has done what? :rolleyes:

He is still a huge name and you prob could of gotten more or just wait it out a couple of weeks. You don't sell low.

He is still a huge name and you prob could of gotten more or just wait it out a couple of weeks. You don't sell low.

Ok.

I'll be sure to come ask for your advice next time.

People need to write more clearly.

Did you receive or trade LT?

Title says traded away LT, but post kind of says, received LT.

People need to write more clearly.

Did you receive or trade LT?

Title says traded away LT, but post kind of says, received LT.

I just traded LT2
:wacko:

Ok.

I'll be sure to come ask for your advice next time.

Why post this if you dont want input? Suck a d!ck edjr. :wacko:

Schaub is a free agent in my league - not worth a roster spot. I think you traded one underperforming stud for three average performers, none of whom is really worthy of a starting place. Worst case scenario, LT returns to former glory and you are the joke of the league. Best case scenario, LT is put on IR and you get three average players. You didn't need depth, you needed starting quality. I would not have made that trade, sorry.

Schaub is a free agent in my league - not worth a roster spot. I think you traded one underperforming stud for three average performers, none of whom is really worthy of a starting place. Worst case scenario, LT returns to former glory and you are the joke of the league. Best case scenario, LT is put on IR and you get three average players. You didn't need depth, you needed starting quality. I would not have made that trade, sorry.

Why can't anyone read around here? :D

it was a 2 for 2 trade and Braylon Edwards is anything but average.

and i am the one that traded away Schaub :lol:

I have to agree with Stars: you should have traded for starters. Braylon Edwards is pooh for many of the same reasons you traded away LT2: both slow starting. I guess I don't understand how your logic applies to LT2 but not to Braylon. Thomas Jones?!

Then again, LT2's toe injury may linger, Braylon and the brownies get it going, and TJ has a pro-bowl year and you look prescient in your trade. However, odds are LT2 comes out of this funk and starts with the TDs and you're doing one of these things -> :wacko:

Hope it works out for you but the odds are against it.

I too think you could have gotten more value in return for LT2. The Browns offense has not impressed me and Derek Anderson's time behind center is almost up.

LT2 is consistent year after year. Edwards only had one good year under his belt.

Why can't anyone read around here? :(

it was a 2 for 2 trade and Braylon Edwards is anything but average.

and i am the one that traded away Schaub :wall:

Seriously, idiots :overhead:

I don't know if I would have traded for Lawrence Taylor though :)

While Edjr has been getting on my nerves the last couple days with his defensive and biotchy posts, he is right. You fockers cannot read!! Half of you are making comments about his trade without even realizing who gave what and who received what. Jebus Christ if you wanna dog him fine, but get your crap together first. "Write more clear, did you get LT or trade LT?" FOCK STICK it says "just traded LT" and he also listed his roster before the trade which INCLUDED LT!

Sorry.

Seriously, idiots :overhead:

I don't know if I would have traded for Lawrence Taylor though :)

While Edjr has been getting on my nerves the last couple days with his defensive and biotchy posts, he is right. You fockers cannot read!! Half of you are making comments about his trade without even realizing who gave what and who received what. Jebus Christ if you wanna dog him fine, but get your crap together first. "Write more clear, did you get LT or trade LT?" FOCK STICK it says "just traded LT" and he also listed his roster before the trade which INCLUDED LT!

Sorry.

I don't care if people critique the trade, that's why I posted it. I want to hear what people have to say. It would be nice if they could pay attention to some detail before giving an opinion. It's not everyday the 1st pick in the draft gets traded before week 3.

Honestly. If it were my $450 league, I probably don't make this trade. However, I am in it to win it, so fock LT, him and his faggy toe are now someone else's concern.

Since you posted here you are obviously expecting a bunch of "Atta BOY!" posts.

Problem is, you got reamed. You don't trade the #1 FF player after two bad weeks.

Edit: If Thomas Jones keeps up his current pace, this turns into a bad trade as opposed to a terrible one.

Edit: Ever since I dropped Greg Jennings for A. Randle El last year after jennings missed Weeks 1 and 2, I try to be more patient with my moves, and I never post them to this board. :overhead:

my $450 league,

:lol: Hey so can I borrow like $20?

Problem is, you got reamed. You don't trade the #1 FF player after two bad weeks.

Bro you are about to open up a thread war with someone you want no part of. I'm just saying.

Bro you are about to open up a thread war with someone you want no part of. I'm just saying.

Are you implying anyone should be quivering in their boots over the possibility of a "thread war" with edjr? Our with yourself?

Just want to be clear on whom I should be deathly afraid of here.

Are you implying anyone should be quivering in their boots over the possibility of a "thread war" with edjr? Our with yourself?

Just want to be clear on whom I should be deathly afraid of here.

Not with me, I am a teddy bear :lol:

However ed will be relentless in his efforts to make you feel somewhat, how should I say.....Retarted.

Not with me, I am a teddy bear :lol:

However ed will be relentless in his efforts to make you feel somewhat, how should I say.....Retarted.

Your mancrush on him is cute, but I'll take my chances.

Ed, your trade was retarted.

Edit: If Thomas Jones keeps up his current pace, this turns into a bad trade as opposed to a terrible one.

Edit: Ever since I dropped Greg Jennings for A. Randle El last year after jennings missed Weeks 1 and 2, I try to be more patient with my moves, and I never post them to this board. :lol:

I did not expect any atta boy posts.

LT is hurt and I don't know the extent of his injury. Yes he was the 1st player picked, that was 3 weeks ago.

if the draft were today, does he go #1? No. so why does 3 weeks ago matter?

I'm taking a big chance that Braylon Edwards can do what he did last year. Edwards is not hurt though and LT is.

In 4, 8 weeks, this could be a horrible trade.. that is the chance you take when making trades though.

Thomas Jones was a throw in, because I'm not using him unless there is a bye.

Ed, your trade was retarted.

Thanks lovah.

Give my best to the boys at the sanc, would ya?

Just as cute as you running in to defend jrbdmb in a thread that had nothing to do with you?

BTW, it is no man-crush. Most of the time I wanna put my fist thru my computer screen when I read his posts.

Just as cute as you running in to defend jrbdmb in a thread that had nothing to do with you?

BTW, it is no man-crush. Most of the time I wanna put my fist thru my computer screen when I read his posts.

Yup, that's me. :lol:

Thanks lovah.

Give my best to the boys at the sanc, would ya?

Will do.

If I were the guy you traded with, I'd immediately put LT on the block for a couple stud receivers or a stud WR and maybe a Chris Johnson.

You were way too hasty with LT, IMO.

Pretty ballsy trade. If everything pans out, you look like a genius... if LT comes back and starts blowing up it looks really bad. The key thing here is that no one except LT and the coaches know how bad the injury is and whether this is really the beginning of the end for him. He's right at the cusp of the 29-31 "danger zone" where RBs start to break down and has barely practiced in the last 2 weeks. It's a gamble as long as you assume that TJones will be solid all year (which I do) and that Braylon will turn it around (he's too good not to), but not necessarily a "bad" gamble.

I wouldn't have made this trade personally since I feel like LT will turn things around... but FF ain't fun if you don't gamble a little bit :thumbsdown:

Will do.

If I were the guy you traded with, I'd immediately put LT on the block for a couple stud receivers or a stud WR and maybe a Chris Johnson.

You were way too hasty with LT, IMO.

Agreed.

My problem is, this is my 1st year in 3 leagues and I have a little mancrush on Braylon.

Pretty ballsy trade. If everything pans out, you look like a genius... if LT comes back and starts blowing up it looks really bad. The key thing here is that no one except LT and the coaches know how bad the injury is and whether this is really the beginning of the end for him. He's right at the cusp of the 29-31 "danger zone" where RBs start to break down and has barely practiced in the last 2 weeks. It's a gamble as long as you assume that TJones will be solid all year (which I do) and that Braylon will turn it around (he's too good not to), but not necessarily a "bad" gamble.

I wouldn't have made this trade personally since I feel like LT will turn things around... but FF ain't fun if you don't gamble a little bit :thumbsdown:

Despite two bad weeks, LT is still a FF legend. You can expect much more value in a trade right now for him than what edjr got for him. At this point, you can expect to land at least two "sure things" for LT, and not have to settle for gambles.

Agreed.

My problem is, this is my 1st year in 3 leagues and I have a little mancrush on Braylon.

Worst thread war ever.

:shocking:

If everyone plays like they are supposed to, I lose out in the trade.

If LT is hurt, I win.

Ironic, because it really looked as if you were running to edjr's aid in your response to jrbwhatver.

:thumbsdown:

If everyone plays like they are supposed to, I lose out in the trade.

If LT is hurt, I win.

If LT stays hurt, and Edwards makes a 180, you win.

Despite two bad weeks, LT is still a FF legend. You can expect much more value in a trade right now for him than what edjr got for him. At this point, you can expect to land at least two "sure things" for LT, and not have to settle for gambles.

Marshall Faulk was a FF legend before he fell off the earth too. I should know. :thumbsdown:

Ironic, because it really looked as if you were running to edjr's aid in your response to jrbwhatver.

Go back and read sir. What I wrote was in no way defending jr, but moreso warning dmby%$& of what may come.