Sign in to follow this  
BMoney

Al Harris may be lost for the year

ruptured spleen....

thanks to nbc for saying that he was cramping...never mind that he was lying on the ground making the letter S.....

may be smart to load up on tampa wide outs and gasp...griese...

poor guy nearly checked out last night and no love for the dreadlock wearing, eddie grant lookalike? i agree....

f u al harris and the packers d.... :rolleyes:

ruptured spleen....

thanks to nbc for saying that he was cramping...never mind that he was lying on the ground making the letter S.....

may be smart to load up on tampa wide outs and gasp...griese...

Sorry that when you post I dont jump to post a reply while in rush hour traffic.

Will suck to lose him for the year for sure.

I would not load up on those wideouts just yet though.

It'll be interesting to see if one of the other young corners can step up and play well. Harris was probably nearing the end, and I thought they might do more to address that position last offseason. I guess we'll find out if Tramon Williams or one of the others will be the long term replacement.

Al harris is a master of masking PI. He should be penalized at least a half dozen times a game. This news pleases me.

Al harris is a master of masking PI. He should be penalized at least a half dozen times a game. This news pleases me.

Well ya, cuz your a Queen fan. It still doesnt put the Vikes ahead of GB

Lito Sheppard is still sitting in Philly, just waiting for a trade to happen.

Don't see the Eagles trading with another conference playoff caliber team. But given enough in trade, who knows.

Well ya, cuz your a Queen fan. It still doesnt put the Vikes ahead of GB

No it does not. See ya @ 2-2.

It'll be interesting to see if one of the other young corners can step up and play well. Harris was probably nearing the end, and I thought they might do more to address that position last offseason. I guess we'll find out if Tramon Williams or one of the others will be the long term replacement.

I would not go so far as saying he was nearing the end.

And getting Williams and Blackmon back plus drafting Lee was how they handled it.

No need to go sign people when the vets are still have a few years left in them.

Tramon better step up and not get beat by the likes of Miles Austin again.

Lito Sheppard is still sitting in Philly, just waiting for a trade to happen.

Don't see the Eagles trading with another conference playoff caliber team. But given enough in trade, who knows.

I don't see Ted ponying up enough to get him out of Philly.

And I had this thought as soon as I heard about it...

More than likely they go with who they have and get Lee activated and hope he gets up to speed quick...or search for a bargain basement trade or free agent/practice squadder.

This is going to be rough for the Packers. The cornerbacks are the key to that defense. Williams looked ok against Dallas, even on the long pass to Austin he had good position but just stopped running through the ball. He's a definate downgrade from Harris though, and Green Bay's defense may struggle to replace him. Patrick Lee still won't see much time. Willimams is the #2 now and Blackmon will be the nickel guy.

This is going to be rough for the Packers. The cornerbacks are the key to that defense. Williams looked ok against Dallas, even on the long pass to Austin he had good position but just stopped running through the ball. He's a definate downgrade from Harris though, and Green Bay's defense may struggle to replace him. Patrick Lee still won't see much time. Willimams is the #2 now and Blackmon will be the nickel guy.

Yup...Leroy Butler writes a column for the Journal Sentinel had this to say about Williams play against Miles.

"The one on Williams, he has to stay on the guy's upfield shoulder more. He pushed off, but you're not going to get that call. Don't even ask for it. It was a straight deep route. Don't look back for the ball until the receiver looks back. The most important thing is breaking that ball up."

And from what I read, they were happy with how he did the rest of that game...just that one pass was huge.