Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

***Official Week 5 College Football Gambling Thread***

I've got another small play for you guys.

1 unit-

Florida St -5.5

I think that Colorado will have a big letdown after their upset win last week against WV and having to travel all the way accross the country. They very rarely cross the Mississippi River. The Noles have something to prove after a lackluster performance, especially offensively, against a very good Wake team that has done this two years in a row to FSU's offense. The OL and QB play were particularly atrocious. They will be getting one of their better offensive players in TE Piurowski back from suspension. I think they will bounce back in this contest. An already stout FSU defense will be getting back 4 players on that side of the ball. I think they will dominate up front against an already thin Colorado OL that lost their starting guard to a torn ACL last week. I look for this unit to carry FSU in this game.

FSU 23 Colorado 13

I'm also looking to increase my play on the the USC/OSU over play tonight. The total has moved to 52.5. I have not yet done it, but will let you know if I do.

BTW, Headslap, sorry the southsiders didn't mount a rally for you last night, getting shut out the last 5 innings to lose by one. Tough.

Every once and a while Ditka makes a wise statement.

I am not feeling it tonight with USC and 25 pts.

Check this out:

Recent Meetings Recent Meetings Yard Margins

Date Away Home Tot Rus Pas

11/03/2007 OREST 3 USC 24 -111 -9 -102 USC by 21

10/28/2006 USC 31 OREST 33 -141 3 -144 OREGON ST wins

11/06/2004 USC 28 OREST 20 -51 -176 125 USC by 8

12/06/2003 OREST 28 USC 52 155 -52 207 USC by 24

09/28/2002 OREST 0 USC 22 -199 -48 -151 USC by 22

11/03/2001 OREST 13 USC 16 180 148 32 OREGON ST WINS

09/30/2000 USC 21 OREST 31 30 155 -125 OREGON ST WINS

10/02/1999 OREST 29 USC 37 102 -41 143 USC BY 8

09/19/1998 OREST 20 USC 40 -104 -25 -79 USC BY 20

11/15/1997 USC 23 OREST 0 -212 -105 -107 USC by 23

Not one win by USC of more than 24 pts. EVER!! They are always the better team. They almost (thats almost) always win. They have never beat Oregon st by 25.

I'm playing the O state and the points.

What up with Tulane and SMU?

Just read something interesting on SMU. Tulane has yet to face an offense that is run like SMU does and Tulane has played bad teams so far. And as far as overall rank in a system for capping, what I read is Tulane is a 101 and SMU is a 145 and 18 pts is an awful lot, 75% of the public is on Tulane...I am gonna FADE the public and take SMU +18 for 10 Units :mad:

adding SMU+18 for 10 Units

I have been on SMU all year and tonight is no exception.

SMU +18 for 4 units - winner

SMU/Tulane over 49 for 2 units - winner

Oregon St +25.5 for 2 units - winner

good luck all!

SMU +18 for 4 units

SMU/Tulane over 49 for 2 units

Oregon St +25.5 for 2 units

good luck all!

Well, if you've been on SMU all year, you're not doing very well! Perhaps it's time to get off! :music_guitarred:

SMU is 1-3 (lost 56-27, 43-7 and 48-7)...that being said, the Over looks good!

I've got another small play for you guys.

1 unit-

Florida St -5.5

I think that Colorado will have a big letdown after their upset win last week against WV and having to travel all the way accross the country. They very rarely cross the Mississippi River. The Noles have something to prove after a lackluster performance, especially offensively, against a very good Wake team that has done this two years in a row to FSU's offense. The OL and QB play were particularly atrocious. They will be getting one of their better offensive players in TE Piurowski back from suspension. I think they will bounce back in this contest. An already stout FSU defense will be getting back 4 players on that side of the ball. I think they will dominate up front against an already thin Colorado OL that lost their starting guard to a torn ACL last week. I look for this unit to carry FSU in this game.

FSU 23 Colorado 13

I'm also looking to increase my play on the the USC/OSU over play tonight. The total has moved to 52.5. I have not yet done it, but will let you know if I do.

BTW, Headslap, sorry the southsiders didn't mount a rally for you last night, getting shut out the last 5 innings to lose by one. Tough.

Oh budddy,I had the Chi Sox tied to several parlays....I was really strong on them cost me a bundle....coming back strong tonight though....I think alot of people here are going to regret playing against S.C tonight jmo.This Trojan team is loaded for Bear and OSU is pathetic this season....Don't see this as a letdown week as U.S.C will open Pac 10 play with a big statement!!!

2 small plays off to bar soon

only staying up for first half

1st half -14 USC (-115)

Total points under 27 (even)

Going with USC -13.5 1H for 1 Unit. OSU plays tough in Corvallis though but I think USC will come out strong as they are well prepared for this game compared to past visits. Their defense and run game will be too much handle.

NCAA YTD: 20-18-2; +1.6 units

CFL YTD: 5-8-1; -6.9 units

NFL YTD: 11-5-1; +14.0 units

Coming off a rocky college foots last week.

Tulane (-17.5) for 2 units LOSER

Oregon St (+24) for 3 units WINNER

Tulane has played very good defense, including shutting down Alabama and taking East Carolina to overtime. Their offens is shaky, but should perform well against a horrific SMU defense. SMU is clearly rebuilding under June Jones and a freshman QB, but the offense looks completely lost right now. Laying the lumber.

While the public is piling on USC, the line is dropping today. I smell a trap. USC is coming off their blowout two weeks ago of Ohio St, so they are feeling pretty good about themselves. Too good. Plus, everybody remembers Oregon St losing to Stanford (turnovers key to that loss), a blowout to Penn St (one of the best in the country this year). After that, Oregon St quitely throttled Hawaii. Oregon St's defense is a bit shaky but their offense is certainly a very good one, with a talented QB and two outstanding WRs. The key to the game is whether Wash St can throw the ball. Yes, they will. Ohio St just didn't have the offense to play with USC, unlike the Beavers. Oregon St is 5-1 ATS vs top ten teams at home. Somewhat close game.

Good luck to all.

Edit:

NCAA YTD: 21-19-2; +2.4 units

Well, if you've been on SMU all year, you're not doing very well! Perhaps it's time to get off! :shocking:

SMU is 1-3 (lost 56-27, 43-7 and 48-7)...that being said, the Over looks good!

I am a believer that everything evens out against the spread. So if they have been down ATS, then the line will be adjusted and then inflated and then it should be exploited. They are due...well hopefully for a back door cover, since it is now 31-7.

Wow, the Trojans look limp vs. the Beavers tonight. Totally anemic on offense

YTD 23-15-1 +22.6 units

3-1 8 unit plays

Sorry guys, I am not on the same side with USC. Oregon State plays better in Corvallis and I think this is the typical spot for USC to lay an egg!

My plays:

3 units

Oregon St +25.5 over USC

Arkansas +28

West Virginia -13.5

Virginia +7

Memphis -1

5 units

Minnesota +17.5

Georgia -7

8 units

Purdue +1

Wisconsin -6

Hey Ogar,

I will take what's in my pants and shove it in your face!

Go Beavers!

Wow, the Trojans look limp vs. the Beavers tonight. Totally anemic on offense

And they can't even slow the run. Rodgers passes the 100 yd mark at 3:59 left in the 2nd quarter (15 carries, none longer than 15).

I'm curious about the halftime line. Probably around Usc -14. Still, I'm not sure if I want to get involved in the middling situation, as I am optimistic with my Oregon St bet. USC looks overconfident, and now completely baffled and deflated. It's going to take a hell of a half time speech.

Decisions, decisions.

USC is in major trouble. I guess I won't be going to sleep right now, but I now have the urge to keep watching this improbable situation.

21-0. Wow. As much as I liked Oregon St, how can you possibly expect this? This situation. Wow.

USC is in major trouble. I guess I won't be going to sleep right now, but I now have the urge to keep watching this improbable situation.

21-0. Wow. As much as I liked Oregon St, how can you possibly expect this? This situation. Wow.

I'm truly shocked....I could understand OSU covering the large spread(though I bet against it)but kicking U.S.C azzzz up and down the field.....I can't even comprehend it :rolleyes: Oh yeah I bet on S.C to score over 40 tonight....that's looking promising :doublethumbsup:

SMU +18 for 4 units

SMU/Tulane over 49 for 2 units

Oregon St +25.5 for 2 units

good luck all!

Very Nice Hit my friend, very very nice indeed :overhead:

29-16 YTD

4-5 ML

+35 Units

after the SMU win and USC loss this is where I stand...adding

Louiville -1.5 1st half and -3.5 for the game at 5 Units each

Thanks!

NCAA YTD 15-15-2 up .8 units

Great start to your week, Lurch. Here's to sprinting past your current record of .500.

Hey Ogar,

I will take what's in my pants and shove it in your face!

Go Beavers!

Bring it on Ditka!!!

I like puntang!!! You snot nosed, no stem on the apple, baby maker.

Home Dogs, my brothers! Find them! Search them out. I have been riding the home dogs the last 2 weeks and have been enfeugo! I don't even want to count and tell you how many home dogs I have won. Its up there. Thanks to CFB home dogs, I have been able to stay slightly ahead of my NFL losses. NO MORE NFL FOR ME!!!

NCAA: 30-24-1

NFL: 21-16

I am loading up on USC this week as I think they blow out Oregon State.

USC -13.5 1st half

USC -25

USC O37.5

I'll have more picks later in the week.

Thank you sir, may I have another B)

:overhead: :overhead: :overhead:

Tonight Lou/UConn over 51 for 2 units!

Lou has found their offense since their meeting with KY earlier in the year. I expect this game to be competitive and fun to watch as both teams will score.

NCAA: 30-24-1

NFL: 21-16

USC -13.5 1st half LOSE

USC -25 LOSE

USC O37.5 LOSE

UConn/Louisville O51.5 LOSE

Michigan State -8

Purdue +1

Purdue ML

Auburn -6.5

Penn State -15.5

Penn State -9.5 1st half

Gents:

Been away for a while on vacation and the windstorm in Ohio had my power knocked out as well. Back at it this week though, here's what I'm thinking right now...

Ohio State -18

Beanie Wells makes all the difference in the world for this team and he was back at practice this week at full speed. Pryor had a 4TD game vs. Troy and really was starting to put it together in the second half of that game.

Now, Minnesota who had problems with N Illinois and hasn't played anyone on the way to a 4-0 record comes into the Shoe. OSU is on the verge of a breakout game, will it be this week? I don't think it's asking too much for them to beat one of the worst teams in the Big Ten by three TDs. OSU's defense hasn't been very good, but I got to think they will start showing their true form in Big Ten play. Of course, maybe they are just overrated. We will see how they do against a Gopher offense that is nothing special.

Purdue +1

N Dame needs to show me something before I think they can beat at least an average Big Ten team like Purdue. Painter should have his way passing on ND, and I don't think Claussen can get it done through the air. ND's only hope is to run on Purdue and I can't see it happening.

W Michigan -4

Temple's starting QB got knocked out last week and he really makes that team go. Just see a letdown for a deflated Temple and WMU seems better on both sides of the ball.

Auburn -6.5

Rocky Top is not good. Auburn's new spread offense looked pretty good to me vs. LSU. I can't see Tennessee hanging in this game and I think it could be a trip behind the woodshed.

Illinois +14.5

Illinois showed me a lot of speed and talent against Mizzou even though they got smoked. I don't believe that Penn State is as good as they have looked. Juice Williams should be able to keep Illinois in this game--I think it goes to the wire.

Wisky -6

Michigan's offense has shown me nothing.

N Mexico State +3

You get a home doggie and N Mexico is breaking in a new QB in a rivalry game. A bit of a gut play, but give me State here...

Alabama/Ga UNDER 45

Need to look into this more, but surprised to see this over 41 or 42. Also lean slightly to Ga. because of superior QB although Bama in the trenches is tough.

Gl to all

NCAA YTD 15-15-2 up .8 units

No strong feeling for tonights game, I think it about 50/50 who will win. I am playing for a payout.

UConn ML 1 unit to win 1.5 - winner

good luck all!

Booking some plays for Saturday now, as it is half-juice Friday...

Temple ML 2 units to win 3.2 - loser

Bufalo ML 2 units to win 4.6 - loser

E Carolina -10.5 for 2 units - loser

Purdue -1 for 3 units - loser

Arkansas +27.5 for 1 unit - loser

Fla Itl +20 for 2 units - winner

TCU +18 for 2 units - loser

Wyoming +3 for 3 units - loser

Wisconsin -5.5 for 4 units - loser

Georgia -6.5 for 3 units - loser

Play of the day is Wisconsin. Good luck all!!!

NCAA YTD: 21-19-2; +2.4 units

Friday

U Conn (+3.5) for 3 units WINNER

Winnipeg (-2.5) for 3 units WINNER

Complete overreaction tonight to Louisville beating Kansas St on national TV and U Conn struggling with Baylor last week, also on national TV. So, it's a no brainer to take Louisville. Nope. UConn has been more impressive to me on the season, have a solid defense, and a powerful running attack. UConn forces a lot of turnovers and win ugly. I just don't put much faith in Louisville yet, but they are moving in the right direction. Gimme the points in a game where the wrong team is favored.

Winnipeg got healthy and is now in the thick of chasing a playoff spot, stringing together some good efforts and more importantly wins. They are finally playing up to their potential. Edmonton has had a inconsistent month, and has looked really bad at times, like getting killed last week. Ricky Ray, Edm QB is banged up and looking like his usual self.

Good luck to all.

Going with USC -13.5 1H for 1 Unit. OSU plays tough in Corvallis though but I think USC will come out strong as they are well prepared for this game compared to past visits. Their defense and run game will be too much handle.

Being a Pac-10 homer I had a feeling about OSU last night but didn't pull the trigger...I sure didn't expect them to win though. :thumbsup:

These mid-week games just kill me sometimes but I'm going to do a couple 1 unit bets:

UConn/Louisville Over 51 LOST

Louisville Over 27.5 LOST

Edit: NCAA YTD: 34-24-1; +28.88 Units

So far this year I haven't posted my picks or record on here, but since I've been highly successful, I thought I would enlighten all of you on what I'm playing this weekend. Most of the games I bet are generally in the MAC, since that's what I get to watch the most and pay the most attention to.. Anyways, here's what I like, all plays for 5 units.

Northern Illinois -6 1/2 @ Eastern Michigan- Eastern is coming off of getting trounced by Maryland, and should be without their QB Andy Schmitt. I look for Northern Illinois to run all over the Eagles and win by double digits in this one

Western Michigan -4 @ Temple- The Broncos have played solid on both sides of the ball all season long, and the Owls just don't impress me.

Central Michigan -7 vs. Buffalo- Dan LeFevour is one of the best QB's that no one knows about in college football, especially at home. Central wins big.

Bowling Green -3 @ Wyoming- I see BG as clearly the most talented team in this matchup, and even though it's at Wyoming and should be a low scoring affair, I see no reason why Bowling Green won't cover

A bunch of ND haters haha I love it

YTD 10-7 up 3.5 units

5% juice on Friday's :thumbsdown:

Georgia Alabama Under 44

Georgia -6.5

Minnesota +19.5

Purdue +1

Auburn -7

Good luck fellas

NCAA YTD: 22-19-2; +5.4 units

CFL YTD: 6-8-1; -3.9 units

Tough Sat last week. Injury to NC QB killed their lead and bet. SJ St was a victim of a blatant Stanford run of the score with seconds to go. There were other bad beats but I'm too drunk to remember them. I guess the breaks even out after my quick start. No worries. Just need to start another streak. The mid week games this week have put my mind at ease. It's not brain surgery. Crunch numbers, and be paronoid. Just bad luck all around last week. Looking for a bounce back. CFL posted picks havs bounced back after an ugly run culminating with a horrific -11.9 units, going 3-0-1 since then, and I hope to be in the plus before the playoffs start.

Saturday

All for 3 units unless indicated otherwise. Will add more with editting, probably just more 3 unit plays. Waiting on some lines too.

Ball St (-21) PUSH

Adding: Arkansas St (-2) for 2 units LOSER

Akron (+11) WINNER

Fresno St (-7) LOSER

Buffalo (+7) WINNER

California (-26.5) WINNER

Oregon (-21.5) WINNER

TCU (+18.5) LOSER

South Carolina (-26.5) LOSER

South Florida (-9.5) WINNER

Nebraska (-7) LOSER

Penn St (-15.5) LOSER

Stanford (+3) WINNER

Adding: Hawaii (-3) LOSER

Adding: Hawaii 1st H (-1.5) WINNER

Adding: Calgary (-9.5) for 2 units WINNER

Adding: Hamilton (+13) for 2 units LOSER

Good luck to all.

Edit: Added Arkansas St, Hawaii, Calgary, Hamilton, Hawaii 1st H

Talk to me about Akron, Phillybear...

I was just breaking down that game and saw multiple edges for Cincinnati.

Can't see how Akron will be able to run at all and Cincy has passed on good teams like Oklahoma and Miami Fl. Meanwhile, Akron's run defense couldn't even stop Syracuse who everyone knows is coming with the run.

What's your thoughts on this one?

NCAA YTD: 22-19-2; +5.4 units

CFL YTD: 6-8-1; -3.9 units

Tough Sat last week. Injury to NC QB killed their lead and bet. SJ St was a victim of a blatant Stanford run of the score with seconds to go. There were other bad beats but I'm too drunk to remember them. I guess the breaks even out after my quick start. No worries. Just need to start another streak. The mid week games this week have put my mind at ease. It's not brain surgery. Crunch numbers, and be paronoid. Just bad luck all around last week. Looking for a bounce back. CFL posted picks havs bounced back after an ugly run culminating with a horrific -11.9 units, going 3-0-1 since then, and I hope to be in the plus before the playoffs start.

Saturday

All for 3 units unless indicated otherwise. Will add more with editting, probably just more 3 unit plays. Waiting on some lines too.

Ball St (-21)

Akron (+11)

Fresno St (-7)

Buffalo

California (-26.5)

Oregon (-21.5)

TCU (+18.5)

South Carolina (-26.5)

South Florida (-9.5)

Nebraska (-7)

Penn St (-15.5)

Stanford

Good luck to all.

Wow philly this isn't your normal card. So many high point favorites.

YTD 23-15-1 +22.6 units

3-1 8 unit plays

Sorry guys, I am not on the same side with USC. Oregon State plays better in Corvallis and I think this is the typical spot for USC to lay an egg!

My plays:

2 units

Va Tech +7

Washington -3

UCLA/Fresno State over 47

TCU/Oklahoma under 54

3 units

Oregon St +25.5 over USC WIN

Arkansas +28

West Virginia -13.5

Virginia +7

Memphis -1

LSU/MssSt over 40

5 units

Minnesota +19.5

Georgia -7

8 units

Purdue +1

Wisconsin -6

Added plays and updated card. Maybe have to many plays today, but I am just staying home and watching football today so might as well.

Talk to me about Akron, Phillybear...

I was just breaking down that game and saw multiple edges for Cincinnati.

Can't see how Akron will be able to run at all and Cincy has passed on good teams like Oklahoma and Miami Fl. Meanwhile, Akron's run defense couldn't even stop Syracuse who everyone knows is coming with the run.

What's your thoughts on this one?

Funny that you ask about this game. I tail some very good cappers over at therx.com and my man has Cinncy -10 LARGE

So I just took them for $100 and I was stopping by to share the info with you all. <_<

so added play

Cinncy -10 for 10 Units

29-16 YTD

4-5 ML

+35 Units

after the SMU win and USC loss this is where I stand...adding

Louiville -1.5 1st half and -3.5 for the game at 5 Units each

YTD 30-17

ML 4-5

+34 Units

I can feel it...I am going to have a great weekend....