Sign in to follow this  
Vanillarainstorm

If White is out, can CJ24 be a stud this week?

I love the guy, and think his ceiling is through the roof. Having said that, Baltimore is ultra tough to run on. Can CJ have a good game?

Would u start him over someone else you have confidence in?

I have LJ, and it's almost a show of respect to start him after his huge game last week.

These are the type of decisions that can backfire, or make you look like a genius.

Thought?

Anyone starting CJ24 with no worries?

I sat him last week versus a "tough" Viking run D. I won't make the mistake again. I am starting him in my flex position this week.

I'm starting him in the Flex, as I really have no choice. I sat him last week, a big mistake, so I have learned my lesson. The Minny D was supposed to be tough? With his speed, I really think he can break 1-2 long runs, plus Lenwhale isnt very healthy. I would definitely get him out in the flat, screens, dump downs, etc. I really dont think he'll be effective just running it up the middle.

Does Balt. have some injuries on the D-Line for this game? They are playing after a tough loss on MNF w/ a short week... but they're always up for a nasty division rival at home. I have no choice but to play the kid.

Don't have real high expectations.. but would love to see him take a screen pass up the middle to the house.

:banana:

While I bet lendale will play.. If he's ever out.. would Chris henry or someone else be a viable GL battering ram in Lendale's place? Titan homers? CJ3 is nifty running to the edges in those situations.. but I can't see Fisher wanting to risk getting him hurt, barreling up the middle in those situations, this early in the season.

I'm sittin him this week, I'm goin with LJ and Turner, no flex position. After their bye week 6, I'll start using him, they got a nice schedule right after the bye week. This weeks just to much of a risk for me.

I sat him last week as well because of the MINNY D ... which is really tough but CJ got lucky for LenWhale not being 100% and Min turning ball over making it a short field. Oline sure did make those TD runs look easy though ....

He's my flex along with AP and JStew ..... run young guns run!!!

JStew is running behind a makeshift O Line this week although he is playing against a D-Line that is makeshift even when healthy

I sat him last week as well because of the MINNY D ... which is really tough but CJ got lucky for LenWhale not being 100% and Min turning ball over making it a short field. Oline sure did make those TD runs look easy though ....

He's my flex along with AP and JStew ..... run young guns run!!!

I think he'll be fine until Ray Lewis breaks his shoulder into a million pieces. :mad:

Never sit C.Johnson . He has a step no one on the other side of the ball has.

I'm kind of in the same boat....I started CJ24 last week and reaped the rewards as I am now 4-0, but I have doubts against Baltimore...They look good!

I have MaFoney on my bench coming off of being hurt....Should I start him over CJ with the nicer matchup. Keep in mind this position is for my #2....and Slayton is my #1...haha.....Kept maroney and McGahee...kinda bit me in the ass, but S. Smith, Wayne, Brees, Witten, and the rookies DeSean Jackson, CJ and Slayton have been keys to my undefeated start....

Do I keep with it or should I throw Maroney in and give it a shot against a bad D?

Does Balt. have some injuries on the D-Line for this game? They are playing after a tough loss on MNF w/ a short week... but they're always up for a nasty division rival at home. I have no choice but to play the kid.

Don't have real high expectations.. but would love to see him take a screen pass up the middle to the house.

:pointstosky:

While I bet lendale will play.. If he's ever out.. would Chris henry or someone else be a viable GL battering ram in Lendale's place? Titan homers? CJ3 is nifty running to the edges in those situations.. but I can't see Fisher wanting to risk getting him hurt, barreling up the middle in those situations, this early in the season.

Baltimore and Tenn are nast division rivals now? isn't it required of them to actually be in the same divsion? :pointstosky:

I love the guy, and think his ceiling is through the roof. Having said that, Baltimore is ultra tough to run on. Can CJ have a good game?

Would u start him over someone else you have confidence in?

I have LJ, and it's almost a show of respect to start him after his huge game last week.

These are the type of decisions that can backfire, or make you look like a genius.

Thought?

Anyone starting CJ24 with no worries?

why cj24? He wears #28

CJ3 if you must...

(Ocho Cinco, Megatron)

...but I prefer LBJ.

LIGHT BLUE JESUS

CJ24 = this is what 4.24 speed looks like

:pointstosky:

CJ's touchdown runs last week were 1 yard and 6 yards, so it's not a given that he'll give up the GL carries even if Lendale plays. Lendale did get a 1 yard run also last week, but LBJ was used at least as often down by the GL. If White is out, Henry would spell CJ, but probably not quite as much as Lendale does.

Lendale's expected to play though. He missed some practice last week in a similar fashion, although it was one less day.

CJ24 = this is what 4.24 speed looks like

Oh, that's right. Can't believe I already forgot about that :pointstosky:

Baltimore and Tenn are nast division rivals now? isn't it required of them to actually be in the same divsion?

Oops.. brain fart, my apologies.

If he runs on Baltimore I may have to institute a 'never bench Chris Johnson' rule. Until then, I have to lean on Jonathan Stewart this week as my #2 (TD heavy format being the motivating factor).

who is CJ24?

I've never seen anyone with a number in their name before.

Give Chad Johnson some time, he'll probably fix that for you.

who is CJ24?

I've never seen anyone with a number in their name before.

Please check about 5 posts above yours for your answer.

Oops.. brain fart, my apologies.

just messin with ya man. lol this is a tough board! lol

I'm a Titans fan (from as far back as the Oilers days) and I think Chris Johnson is the fa-shizzle. That said, however, at some point I think defenses will start to realize that he is by far their best offensive weapon and start game planning specifically to stop him. Defensively, I would rather put a spy or two on Johnson and force Kerry Collins and his average receiving corps to beat you. Last game was the first time that Tennesse really showcased CJ near the goal line like that, so I suspect it caught 'em off guard. Teams should now know that you have to watch the outside runs when he comes in the game in the red zone, and I expect they'll focus on him.

That doesn't mean he won't still be effective, but I'd expect a stinker here and there. Just remember that San Francisco, with their oh so powerful defense, completely shut down Adrian Peterson last season by focusing nearly exclusively on stopping him defensively.