Sign in to follow this  
ERZER

Steven Jackson

Well do i go Green Ellis or Pierre Thomas now

:ninja: Was just passing on what I saw on the local news site.

Guest ramrock11

Jackson will start , Rams are doing to the Pats what the Pats do to every team in the league.

Jackson will start , Rams are doing to the Pats what the Pats do to every team in the league.

Agreed. :nono:

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Seconded. Might see some Minor or Pittman to spell him some.. but i'm betting he gets meaningful carries. I have no choice but to keep him in there.

Updated news this morning

Rotoworld:

According to FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki, Steven Jackson is "85 percent not to play" Sunday.

We'll see. The Czar has been off before and perhaps the Rams are sending out mixed signals. If Jackson is out against the Patriots, Antonio Pittman and Travis Minor will share the load. Jackson owners should get alternatives ready. The game starts at 1 and Evan Silva will have all the inactives before the game.

Source: FoxSports.com

I also saw the above post on RotoWorld. I'm starting him whether it's a smokescreen or not (I don't have an alternative :headbanger:).

Crap. I also have no other alternatives this week. The thing that is weird to me is this 85%.. If they really know something, wouldn't they just say he's inactive ?

Fock!

I need SJax today to try and continue my undefeated season.

Just traded Rhodes this morning so if SJax doesnt go Im looking at starting Ricky Williams or Anthony Gonzales.

:thumbsup:

i really don't think anyone knows.

et

ESPN's John Clayton reports that Steven Jackson (quads) is likely to be active for Sunday's game at New England.

Clayton cautions that it's still "50-50" on how much Jackson actually plays, but if he gets off to a strong start the Rams will most likely ride him. Perhaps instead of Jackson's normal 25 touches he'll get 17-18 with Travis Minor and Antonio Pittman splitting the remainder.

same problem i have to leave i could play deangelo williams i guess and hope jackson doesnt do anything if he plays.......or i might just take the chance and leave jackson in......HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think you can win with the 30-55 yards that Fragile Fred gets you, roll with him. If you need a slightly long shot TD from SJax plus less yards than originally projected (say 50-60, instead of 100), roll with SJax. I have zero other options and it's a TD league anyway.. So I have to hope he warms up, feels okay and/or gets a touch. Good luck with it.

:doublethumbsup:

Damn I would prefer knowing in or out and if he's in he's the main guy. None of this nonsense. Now I have to decided if a limited Jackson is a better option than Ronnie Brown?!!

I think i'd play Ronnie for sure if I had that option. The Bills are tough, but by no means a shut down run D.

10/26: FOX Sports’ John Czarnecki thinks that Steven Jackson is “85 percent not to play” due to his quad injury. The Rams have said publicly that he’s likely a game-time decision.

Damn.. just heard the same thing on Rotoworld/MSNBC Fantasy Fix.. guess he didn't look good in warmups. I need 4.24 to go crazy on MNF.

:doublethumbsup:

Jackson (quad) will be inactive for Sunday's game against the Patriots, NFL.com reports.

Spin: A huge blow to the upset-minded Rams, who now figure to roll primarily with Travis Minor and Antonio Pittman, with Kenneth Darby possibly sprinkled in. Without Jackson around, the team's best bet will probably be to attack a Pats' secondary that has had troubles at times this season and is now without Rodney Harrison.

Per Roto

Guest ramrock11

Frickin wuss , there goes any chance of winning today.

Guest ramrock11

Frickin wuss , there goes any chance of winning today.

Not enough that I have read or heard has been talked about HOW he injured his quad last week...Haslett, up by 20 something with four minutes and change left in the game, was still running him, and he came up limping after the most meaningless of 4 yard gains. Had Haslett instead used Minor to run out the clock (as most coaches do to avoid exposing their best player to injury), we wouldn't be talking about him being inactive this weekend...So, thanks Coach H...glad to hear the NFL voided your contract offer from the Rams.