Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Should Brees be benched?

Does the lousy weather in London plus Bush being out of the lineup move Brees to the bench this week? These others QBs are available in my league:

Garcia

Cassel (bad weather too)

O'Sullivan

Garrard

So who's the best QB to start?

I benched him for campbell @ detroit.

These things have a way of coming back and biting you....

I have been contemplating the same with Rivers. I still have Warner so he is a great backup but he has a bad matchup too at Carolina.

I have been contemplating the same with Rivers. I still have Warner so he is a great backup but he has a bad matchup too at Carolina.

Similar situation too... Brees with Warner backup.

Not sure it's going to be an improvement putting Warner in the lineup at Carolina. :nono:

Similar situation too... Brees with Warner backup.

Not sure it's going to be an improvement putting Warner in the lineup at Carolina. :nono:

Every time I bench Rivers he has a good game.

I benched Brees last week in favor of Schaub. If I hadn't I would have lost. I intend to do the same this week. Like it or not, weather is going to be a factor. The field will be totally saturated by game time. What happened in London last year is burned in my memory. Brees is a much riskier play than Schaub in my opinion. If you have a good alternative it would be silly not to consider it.

I benched Brees last week in favor of Schaub. If I hadn't I would have lost. I intend to do the same this week. Like it or not, weather is going to be a factor. The field will be totally saturated by game time. What happened in London last year is burned in my memory. Brees is a much riskier play than Schaub in my opinion. If you have a good alternative it would be silly not to consider it.

Schaub vs the Bengals in nice comfy houston? That may be the best matchup this week.

Is the weather that bad? Its gonna kill me to bench him. My other option is Warner @ Carolina. Dont know what to do :shocking:

There's a big difference in London this year. Last year the wind was gusting 25-40 mph

which is what eliminated the passing game and not the wet field conditions.

The forecast calls for winds 10 mph and no mention of gusting. I'm playing Brees with

total confidence.

There's a big difference in London this year. Last year the wind was gusting 25-40 mph

which is what eliminated the passing game and not the wet field conditions.

The forecast calls for winds 10 mph and no mention of gusting. I'm playing Brees with

total confidence.

Yeah, let's not write this game off as a monsoon game just yet. Granted, it rains 342 days a year in London, but this game isnt supposed to be that bad. Brees over Warner is a no brainer, Warner v Rivers is a bit tougher..

You should bench Drew Brees because you bothered to ask the question.

I like this answer. :thumbsup:

I just benched Brees for Shaub, but if I did not a real good backup I would have left him in.

I did the same last week. Doing the same again this week.

This is the toughest call to make this week. :thumbsup: My gut feeling says bench Brees this week because its shitty weather in London. I'm also a colston owner. But then i have to start Garcia at dallas..which is not a bad matchup.

I kept Brees in the starting lineup... but Warner would have produced just as well.

Hopefully, that guy who posted earlier didn't actually bench Brees in favor of Jeff Garcia. :P

I also have Warner and have never considered benching Brees. I have tried to trade Warner for a WR but no takers. Is Warner the #2 QB in the league after today's performance?