Sign in to follow this  
xenophobe

Jason Witten Rib Injury

The Dallas Morning News reports that Jason Witten has been diagnosed with a broken rib, but wants to play through the injury Sunday against the Giants.

Witten returned to Week 8 after suffering the injury, but was only able to play one series before exiting again. He hasn't missed a game since his rookie season, but Martellus Bennett and Tony Curtis would fill in if Witten sits.

Source: Dallas Morning News

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...858&id=1990

If he was smart he would sit out and rest them bones...they are going to lose anyway :thumbsdown: and the G-Men will make 'em hurt even more.

Take it easy, Jason. Dallas and I both need you healthy for our respective playoffs.

Dallas? Playoffs? What team have you been watching......they can't do diddly poo.

As a Giants fan I have an obvious motive for wanting Witten to sit out. But the reality is that if it was the other way around and the Giants were going into the game with no Eli and as many key injuries as the Cowboys have right now, I would want my star TE (not that we have one but you get the point) to sit this one out. There's still plenty of season left.

As a Giants fan I have an obvious motive for wanting Witten to sit out. But the reality is that if it was the other way around and the Giants were going into the game with no Eli and as many key injuries as the Cowboys have right now, I would want my star TE (not that we have one but you get the point) to sit this one out. There's still plenty of season left.

as a cowboys fan i agree.....by no means giving up on the game sunday because it is the nfl but let witten heal imo....

Witten is hardcore and he will play. The guy is a baller and he does not quit. He ran without a helmet last year and this year he came back into the game after he dislocated his shoulder.

Witten is hardcore and he will play. The guy is a baller and he does not quit. He ran without a helmet last year and this year he came back into the game after he dislocated his shoulder.

I said the same thing about Westy and he didn't play. I've never had fractured ribs but apparently it's painful just to move let alone have some 300 lb gorilla teeing off on you.

If I were a Witten owner and he were playing with this, I'd bench him. His production is going to be circling the drain given the matchup and the injury.

Dallas? Playoffs? What team have you been watching......they can't do diddly poo.

yet ,they're still 5-3, goin into a bye wk 10, and hopefully getting most guys back from injury

I said the same thing about Westy and he didn't play. I've never had fractured ribs but apparently it's painful just to move let alone have some 300 lb gorilla teeing off on you.

If I were a Witten owner and he were playing with this, I'd bench him. His production is going to be circling the drain given the matchup and the injury.

Good call. :banana:

Good call. :banana:

It was a good call. I didn't see it at the time, but I have had either severely bruised/cracked ribs... and while I'm not nearly as tough as Witten, I have had other injuries that have kept NFL players out of games, and the ribs hurt worse. Laughing never hurt so bad. Can't even imagine taking a shot from a linebacker.