Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Packers 34, Titans 3

Better then Tenn's 31 for 88 :thumbsdown:

I don't believe I ever said the Titans run game was that impressive against the Colts. It wasn't, and neither would any other team's be against a 4-4 defense with only 3 DBs.

Green bay can win this game....but unlikely....Not sure they can contain "The Beast".....INDY did a great job containg the monster...but that was without the otehr Monster on the End (Van Den bosch)...Not only that...the replacement for VB went out on opening KOff....People don't realize what a big loss Van Den Bosch is.....still beat INDY........OK..now my rant....Why is it that the meida continues to state how Collins is playing so great....while running VY into the groung (When he was playing)...KC has done a good job..but he is basically doing the same thing VY did...low stast...win games.....Compare their numbers no difference...But all you hear is "VY Sucks"....."KC is playing great"...Its almost comical!

In general I agree with this, VY does get a way worse rap from most (media and non-media alike), especially considering his first two years were better than almost any QB other than Roethlisberger. In fact, most QBs don't even sniff the field the first year or two, but those that do don't do nearly as well. The one big difference in KC though is the lack of sacks and INTs; the one way that Vince regressed last year was in the number of INTs. The QB is not as important in the Titans offense as most, but the one thing that is important is to not turn the ball over. Once Vince learns that (or re-learns it) and learns to ignore the crap from the media, he will be a good NFL QB (and probably decent FFL QB too).

In general I agree with this, VY does get a way worse rap from most (media and non-media alike), especially considering his first two years were better than almost any QB other than Roethlisberger. In fact, most QBs don't even sniff the field the first year or two, but those that do don't do nearly as well. The one big difference in KC though is the lack of sacks and INTs; the one way that Vince regressed last year was in the number of INTs. The QB is not as important in the Titans offense as most, but the one thing that is important is to not turn the ball over. Once Vince learns that (or re-learns it) and learns to ignore the crap from the media, he will be a good NFL QB (and probably decent FFL QB too).

RDSTORM....Great repsonse man.....Its good to see some common sense on this issue.....Just want you to know this...I saw first hand what VY did at UT...I saw first hand what he did from Week4 to Week 16 in 2006....It was special....The IT factor was like nothing I have seen since...well.....I guess.... Jordan, Olajuwan...who else?......2007 he tried (due to stupid instructions...by coaching staff..do not run...stay in pocket....BS!) to be something he wasn't......I can assure you...VY is hungry....and when he reutrns, will dominate the league...this guy is special....I just hope TEN current sucess doesn't screw it up....He is a winner....KC has shown he is a winner...All's good in TEN land.

I don't believe I ever said the Titans run game was that impressive against the Colts. It wasn't, and neither would any other team's be against a 4-4 defense with only 3 DBs.

Point is , you were using Grants preformance vs indy to show he was garbage. so i just showed you what a "great" rush offence did vs the very same Indy team the following week.

Point is , you were using Grants preformance vs indy to show he was garbage. so i just showed you what a "great" rush offence did vs the very same Indy team the following week.

Not exactly. What I said was "not that great". Doesn't mean garbage, just nothing to brag about. Just like a linebacker stopping the RB for a 2 yard gain ... nothing to celebrate, but he did do his job. I don't consider the Titans run game against the Colts to be that special either. The best you can say about it is that it forced them to play the 4-4-3 which opened up the passing game, but again nothing special.

Again, I'm not trying to downplay the Pack as a team or against the Colts. Maybe if I'd watched it on TV or in person I would have seen the domination, but looking at the stats and having followed the scoring online when it happened, I didn't get the sense that they dominated, especially on the offensive side of the ball. They had a slight time of possession advantage, exactly the same total yardage gained; not exactly the same as the Titans/Colts a week later, but the more I look at these games the more similar they seem to me.

Aside from me watching the game to see first-hand the domination aspect, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I've seen first-hand some games where the domination doesn't come through in the stats; I'm not ruling that out for the GB/Colts game, just saying I don't see anything in the stats that indicates it.

Titans 137

Packers -06

Rodgers spends the entire second half trying to remove his head from Grants a$$ after Bulluck firmly places it there.

I'm actually starting Fred Taylor over Grant this week. That's how awful Grant has been. 1 yr wonder. Considering Rashied Davis over Jennings, too, but I figure Jennings has the best chance of having a good day since GB won't be rushing the ball at all.

Again, I'm not trying to downplay the Pack as a team or against the Colts. Maybe if I'd watched it on TV or in person I would have seen the domination, but looking at the stats and having followed the scoring online when it happened, I didn't get the sense that they dominated, especially on the offensive side of the ball. They had a slight time of possession advantage, exactly the same total yardage gained; not exactly the same as the Titans/Colts a week later, but the more I look at these games the more similar they seem to me.

If you are going to comment extensively on a game, it's better to have watched them.... otherwise you come off looking like a bit of a jackass....

Total yardage gained is a garbage statistic in blowouts where one team essentially softens and lets everything go underneath (both run and pass) because they are up so much. As shonuff already pointed out, Indi could not stop the Pack when it counted on all of their drives in the first half.... (the only thing that stopped them was an easy missed field goal at the end of the half.) Indi, on the other hand, had one drive and then jack squat.

But nobody is playing Indi this week, so I don't know why we keep harping on it. It will be a different Packer team playing Tenn., anyway. Two of their key starters will be back (Harris and Bigby). Everybody who has been playing hobbled (woodson, hawk, grant, rodgers, j. jones) will be better. Rodgers, especially has been playing in some serious pain with the seperated shoulder.

Tenn. is the favorite, but are ripe for the picking by a young team like the Pack who are getting better as the season goes on...

But I'm a homer..... so what do I know??? :mad:

Green bay can win this game....but unlikely....Not sure they can contain "The Beast".....INDY did a great job containg the monster...but that was without the otehr Monster on the End (Van Den bosch)...Not only that...the replacement for VB went out on opening KOff....People don't realize what a big loss Van Den Bosch is.....still beat INDY........OK..now my rant....Why is it that the meida continues to state how Collins is playing so great....while running VY into the groung (When he was playing)...KC has done a good job..but he is basically doing the same thing VY did...low stast...win games.....Compare their numbers no difference...But all you hear is "VY Sucks"....."KC is playing great"...Its almost comical!

Few things...GB is pretty set to handle KVB one on one. They have handled guys equal or better to him one on one in the past.

Haynesworth is the issue for sure and there will be plenty of double teams on him and IMO, GB will move the pocket away from him too.

KC is not turning it over like VY did in the past. he recognizes things and handles this offense a bit better than him right now.

From a fantasy stand point this is the first time I'm benching the Titians DefSt. I don't like the match up and think the Packers will be able to put up decent points. I know you never bench your stud but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

As far as the game goes I think its going to be a good one. 27 - 24 Packers.

This is a tough spot for the Titans, coming off a short-week and victory against its biggest rival. They got spanked at Cincy in a similar situation last year, but this time the game will be at home.

My biggest concern is that Rodgers is very mobile. I think the front four can get pressure with KVB back in the lineup (he has practiced all week and will play), but Rodger's scrambling ability and accurate throws while on the run could be the difference maker. However, the Titans pass D, IMHO, is better than its run D. I can see Grant having some success. GB will need to strike from outside the red zone. With the game on the line, the Titans D will be tough to put up 6 against inside the 20.

I think Bo Scaife can have a big day on offense, especially if they catch Bigby cheating on the run. It would not surprise me, either, if CJ breaks a long one.

This Titans team is Fisher's ideal team- ball control offense, strong defense, and take it away much more than you give it away.

As far as VY, I gladly drank the kool-aid during his rookie year. Coming off 2-3 terrible years, it was once again fun to go the games. I even bought a No. 10 jersey. Watching my (at the time) 8-yr old daughter stand in her seat cheering/screaming when the Titans came back from 21-0 against the Giants is something I will never forget and a lot of the credit goes to VY. There is nothing I would rather see than for VY to get his act together and come back strong, but I am not encouraged that it will ever happen. He quit on the team against Jacksonville, and, in retrospect, he has made a lot of comments that are rather self-centered. I think defenses figured out how to contain him, thus taking away his strongest ability- making plays with his legs. My observation is that he cannot consistenly throw to a spot; the receiver must be open for him to throw and, usually, by the time the ball is there, the defense has had plenty of time to react and break up the play.

While the stats may be similar between VY and KC, right now, KC is managing the game better and does a much better job with the intermediate routes that the Titans seem to run frequently. Until VY can show he is a team player, the No. 10 jersey will stay in the closet.

Looking through Titans-colored glasses: 27-22 Titans :lol:

If you are going to comment extensively on a game, it's better to have watched them.... otherwise you come off looking like a bit of a jackass....

Total yardage gained is a garbage statistic in blowouts where one team essentially softens and lets everything go underneath (both run and pass) because they are up so much. As shonuff already pointed out, Indi could not stop the Pack when it counted on all of their drives in the first half.... (the only thing that stopped them was an easy missed field goal at the end of the half.) Indi, on the other hand, had one drive and then jack squat.

But nobody is playing Indi this week, so I don't know why we keep harping on it. It will be a different Packer team playing Tenn., anyway. Two of their key starters will be back (Harris and Bigby). Everybody who has been playing hobbled (woodson, hawk, grant, rodgers, j. jones) will be better. Rodgers, especially has been playing in some serious pain with the seperated shoulder.

Tenn. is the favorite, but are ripe for the picking by a young team like the Pack who are getting better as the season goes on...

But I'm a homer..... so what do I know??? :dunno:

First off, I don't believe I'd call my comments on the game "extensive". I mentioned it as a point of comparison because the GB/Indy game was one week prior to last week's Titan/Indy game. Why it's gotten to be such a point of focus on this thread is beyond me, other than I don't accept the stock "don't believe the stats because GB dominated the game" line.

Second, I've prefaced all of my opinions with the disclaimer that I didn't watch the game itself. I've also left open the possibility that there might have been some insight that seeing the game would have provided me. It's possible, but not all that likely for what we're talking about. If you've got something concrete to support the domination theme (for the offense, as I've already conceded that the defense may have been dominant).

Third, if you think the above 2 points make me a jackass, that's your perogative. I'm posting my opinions, including all the disclaimers necessary, and leaving open the chance that others might be more convincing with their arguments. If that's not what this forum is for, I don't know what its purpose is. As long as I'm here, that's what I will do.

And, to your other points, again, the whole second half of a 17-7 game is not garbage time, especially not against the Colts who scored 21 points against Houston in 2:10 to win the game. GB is not Houston, obviously, but I can't imagine any team feeling comfortable against Peyton Manning (even this year) with less than a 2-TD lead.

And yes, every NFL team is different each and every week. Some weeks they get players back, others they lose starters or other valuable players to injury. The Titans have played a couple without KVB and one without Haynesworth recently, in addition to playing without the top 2 WRs the past 2 or 3 weeks. Now you may argue, and I might agree, that the Titan WRs are the least important part of the team, but it does pose problems regardless.

Again, I think it will be a close game. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pack won, for reasons already stated in previous posts. I doubt the Titans will go the season undefeated, and GB is one of the most dangerous games left outside of the division rivals, along with the Bears.

Third, if you think the above 2 points make me a jackass, that's your perogative.

I said commenting extensively on a game you didn't see to a dozen or so of us who watched every minute of it, may make you come off as a bit of a jackass....

Never said you were a jackass.

I think you could save yourself a lot of time adding up total yardage and selective stats from nfl.com, and just ask somebody from Indi if they got their ass kicked or not.

Anyway, I think it will be a good game tomorrow.....sorry about the negativity.....

I'll be here to take my lumps if the Packers lose :overhead:

I said commenting extensively on a game you didn't see to a dozen or so of us who watched every minute of it, may make you come off as a bit of a jackass....

Never said you were a jackass.

I think you could save yourself a lot of time adding up total yardage and selective stats from nfl.com, and just ask somebody from Indi if they got their ass kicked or not.

Anyway, I think it will be a good game tomorrow.....sorry about the negativity.....

I'll be here to take my lumps if the Packers lose :music_guitarred:

I agree with everything you say here. Without a doubt, Indy would say they got their ass kicked. And I do think it will be a good game tomorrow. I just hope I get to watch it.

Hello all - long time no see

I actually like the Pack in a minor upset this week. GB is coming off a bye and should be healthy. The Titans are coming off a short week and a big win over division rival Indy. The Titans may be the better team right now, but are ripe for the pickings in a let down game.

The key for GB will be their oline dealing with protection with Hatnesworth and KVB in the game. I dont see Grant doing much, so Rodgers will need to carry GB with his arm and legs this week.

Don - hope all is well. Looking forward to the Bears - Pack week 11 and 16.

It was a great game. Rodgers looked good; he's much better than I expected him to be coming out of college, and again better than I expected him to be at the beginning of this season. If they can protect him a little better, he'll take them far. I wish the Titans had even one of the top 3 WRs (top 4 if you include James Jones, who didn't play). I lost count of the drops, but I know Justin Gage had at least 2 on the opening drive. The GB defense was strong, as expected; they got to Collins as many times today as he's been sacked all year before this game.

Hello all - long time no see

I actually like the Pack in a minor upset this week. GB is coming off a bye and should be healthy. The Titans are coming off a short week and a big win over division rival Indy. The Titans may be the better team right now, but are ripe for the pickings in a let down game.

The key for GB will be their oline dealing with protection with Hatnesworth and KVB in the game. I dont see Grant doing much, so Rodgers will need to carry GB with his arm and legs this week.

Don - hope all is well. Looking forward to the Bears - Pack week 11 and 16.

how 'bout those leafs? ron wilson has them playing well and CuJo is back..reunited and it feels so good :music_guitarred:

as for aaron rodgers? meh....id have waited on that extension....

i took the over for wins this year for the bears and im loving it...(well, til orton got hurt) :rolleyes:

Bears lead the NFC Norse

But homer d!ck shonuff told me all off season that the division was only between the fudgepackers and the viqueens and that the Bears would be lucky to keep out of the basement.

:rolleyes: :music_guitarred:

Great game all the way around....

The Packer defense just got manhandled at the end after playing great the whole second half....

It never should have gotten to that.

Beautiful long pass to Jennings, the guy is beat and grabs his arm keeping Jennings from making an easy catch.

The right call is made and that's the ball game. :mad:

Poppinga's stupid ass retaliation on 4th and 10 also handed the Titans more points....

I think the Packers will continue to get better as the season goes along..... Losing their best offensive lineman an hour before the game definitely hurt, because Tenn. D is very good. Haynesworth is a monster.

Grant seemed to be running well against a tough D but they didn't stick with him.

Congrats to Tenn. for defending their home turf.... that's a great team.

I hope we see them again :wall:

how 'bout those leafs? ron wilson has them playing well and CuJo is back..reunited and it feels so good :wall:

as for aaron rodgers? meh....id have waited on that extension....

i took the over for wins this year for the bears and im loving it...(well, til orton got hurt) :mad:

Of course you would have waited on the extension...youve been hating on the guy all year.

He got a nice payday...but also TT structured it well.

Good game to be at today. They could not pull it out...but played tough the entire time.

Bears lead the NFC Norse

But homer d!ck shonuff told me all off season that the division was only between the fudgepackers and the viqueens and that the Bears would be lucky to keep out of the basement.

:mad: :wall:

So I guess they got lucky.

I guess you are back to your usual idiotic namecalling huh?

Bears are playing well...though, I would not brag too much getting taken down to the wire by the Lions.

Beautiful long pass to Jennings, the guy is beat and grabs his arm keeping Jennings from making an easy catch.

The right call is made and that's the ball game. :pointstosky:

That was payback for that ridiculous no call in the endzone to Bo Scaife.

That was payback for that ridiculous no call in the endzone to Bo Scaife.

I was lucky enough to have the game shown in my area and saw both non-calls. The one on Scaife was a bit more flagrant and turned a definite TD into a FG. Jennings was riled up about his no-call, but it looked to me like something that is only called about 50% of the time.

If we're talking injuries, KVB re-aggravating his groin and sitting out the whole second half should even out the O-line injury of the Pack. They looked like a good team though; I'm glad it was in Nashville.

I was lucky enough to have the game shown in my area and saw both non-calls. The one on Scaife was a bit more flagrant and turned a definite TD into a FG. Jennings was riled up about his no-call, but it looked to me like something that is only called about 50% of the time.

If we're talking injuries, KVB re-aggravating his groin and sitting out the whole second half should even out the O-line injury of the Pack. They looked like a good team though; I'm glad it was in Nashville.

That's pure homerism... Was that ball to scaife even catchable? It looked like it sailed well over his head and back to the left.

The ball to Jennings was perfectly thrown, the defender was beat and he grabbed onto Jennings arm making it impossible for him to catch the ball that he would have easily caught.

The fact that you -- as a homer -- think that that is only called "50 percent of the time" doesn't mean that it wasn't blatant pass interference and didn't change the outcome of the game.

Not having your best (and oldest) offensive lineman with a young line in a loud, hostile environment against a great defense may or may not be more significant than a player sitting the second half who's been missing on the team for awhile. His replacement has had practice and played actual games at the position for weeks.... the Packer player was just thrown in there at a new position....

The fact that Clifton caught the flu at the last minute gave the packers little preparation.... Two totally different situations....

But this is all petty stuff... It was a good game... Congrats :wub:

That's pure homerism... Was that ball to scaife even catchable? It looked like it sailed well over his head and back to the left.

The ball to Jennings was perfectly thrown, the defender was beat and he grabbed onto Jennings arm making it impossible for him to catch the ball that he would have easily caught.

The fact that you -- as a homer -- think that that is only called "50 percent of the time" doesn't mean that it wasn't blatant pass interference and didn't change the outcome of the game.

Not having your best (and oldest) offensive lineman with a young line in a loud, hostile environment against a great defense may or may not be more significant than a player sitting the second half who's been missing on the team for awhile. His replacement has had practice and played actual games at the position for weeks.... the Packer player was just thrown in there at a new position....

The fact that Clifton caught the flu at the last minute gave the packers little preparation.... Two totally different situations....

But this is all petty stuff... It was a good game... Congrats :thumbsdown:

I admit I have a biased outlook, but try to separate it when looking back at stuff like that. The two non-calls looked comparable.

I didn't think Scaife's ball was catchable, or interference, til I saw the replay. If his arms aren't hindered from getting up there, it's definitely catchable for him; most of the other Titan receivers I wouldn't even say that about, but Scaife is the most dependable of the lot. Not sure about the differential on the Packers OL, but there is a huge dropoff from KVB to the backup; it's not as bad as losing Haynesworth, but it's the next thing to it on the Titans D. It didn't look like the LT position gave up much though, most of the pressure was in the middle or RT position wasn't it? Although I do think I remember the announcers saying the RT was swapped to the left side (maybe, my memory isn't the best sometimes :-) ).