Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Matt Jones status

I've got him on my roster but not playing him, despite his sweet matchup v Detroit. However, mid week is normally when NFL announces suspensions. Anybody got anything on this one???

I've got him on my roster but not playing him, despite his sweet matchup v Detroit. However, mid week is normally when NFL announces suspensions. Anybody got anything on this one???

bump

Last I read, he was supposed to hear back on his suspension appeal sometime today. No word yet and that could be good news, meaning he'll play this weekend.

TheHuddle: Jacksonville Jaguars WR Matt Jones is expected to get word about the appeal of his three-game suspension Wednesday, Nov. 5.

Last I read, he was supposed to hear back on his suspension appeal sometime today. No word yet and that could be good news, meaning he'll play this weekend.

TheHuddle: Jacksonville Jaguars WR Matt Jones is expected to get word about the appeal of his three-game suspension Wednesday, Nov. 5.

Interesting. Today will be a lot quicker than the mid-late November I recently heard. Either way, it'll be good for Matt Jones owners to know.

I think if we all send in emails saying that we did not see Matt do drugs, then he may beat this thing all together. What do you say!? We all need him through week 17.

Apparently not. See, I think it's going to be another week or two.

Looks like your info was right. I'm guessing Jones plays this weekend. Glad I've got him to play, but it's kinda tough having to wait week to week to hear something. Anybody see Joey Porters comment on Matt Jones still playing?

The Associated Press reports Miami Dolphins LB Joey Porter said Wednesday, Nov. 5, he had no idea how Jacksonville Jaguars WR Matt Jones could still be playing despite having a felony cocaine charge against him earlier this year. Porter said, "He got caught with cocaine and Matt Jones is still playing football. How does he get away with that? And then you fine people $20,000 for making comments to the media about the refs. The guy got caught with cocaine."

Looks like your info was right. I'm guessing Jones plays this weekend. Glad I've got him to play, but it's kinda tough having to wait week to week to hear something. Anybody see Joey Porters comment on Matt Jones still playing?

The Associated Press reports Miami Dolphins LB Joey Porter said Wednesday, Nov. 5, he had no idea how Jacksonville Jaguars WR Matt Jones could still be playing despite having a felony cocaine charge against him earlier this year. Porter said, "He got caught with cocaine and Matt Jones is still playing football. How does he get away with that? And then you fine people $20,000 for making comments to the media about the refs. The guy got caught with cocaine."

because he's white? :doh:

Jamaal Lewis got busted for running a cocaine distribution ring, did he miss time? no, christ he didn't even do jailtime :lol:

2 months in a 1/2 way house is time? Not really.

he didn't miss a second of football.

That is a complete and utter farce.

He spent four months in prison, before the half-way house, and was suspended for two games.