To recap:

Andre Hall - IR

Michael Pittman - IR

Ryan Torain - IR

Selvin Young - reinjured groin

Peyton Hillis - slow ass full back

PJ Pope - ???

Cory Boyd - ???

Torain showed (briefly) that there can still be value in this backfield (alright, it was against pathetic Cleveland, but still). So who emerges next???

Broncos homer here...

It's anyones guess. I wouldn't pick up any of them until one raises to the top. Looks like Pope will probably get the nod, but you just never know. I'd say completely away until someone shows something in a game.

hillis-alive, well, and fullback for felix and mcfadden last yr; solid 8/24/3.0 in limited carries after injuries, including critical 4th-1

selvin young-reinjured his groin on his lone carry of 2 yds

pope-practice squad player, lower likelihood for the feature role

mike bell/tatum bell-on the wire, previous experience in the system; have had chances but have been released by broncs/lions/texans collectively

I think cory boyd has the most skill out of the bunch. check out his youtube vid its pretty sick. Hes a rookie and was placed on the IR and eventually released by tampa. pope has bounced around to 3 different teams and only made in on the active roster for GB for a couple of ames. i have to believe that boyd is better but he just got signed last week while pope has been on the practice squad all year. we shall see.

Eddie Royal owner here and I'm loving this backfield mess. :bandana:
You gotta have a running game for the passing attack to work.

See the Rams passing stats without SJAX yesterday.

Peyton Syphilis

:lol:

I think cory boyd has the most skill out of the bunch. check out his youtube vid its pretty sick. Hes a rookie and was placed on the IR and eventually released by tampa. pope has bounced around to 3 different teams and only made in on the active roster for GB for a couple of ames. i have to believe that boyd is better but he just got signed last week while pope has been on the practice squad all year. we shall see.

I remember reading some stuff out of Tampa on Boyd in the preseason. Waldman had pretty high #'s on him in the RSP and he's a big back 6'1"/217. He'll be interesting to monitor.

Peyton Syphilis

:lol:

I remember reading some stuff out of Tampa on Boyd in the preseason. Waldman had pretty high #'s on him in the RSP and he's a big back 6'1"/217. He'll be interesting to monitor.

Regarding PJ Pope. Dude is 5'9"/205. If Shannyrat doesn't view Selvin Young 5'11"/217 as a full time back, there's no way PJ Pope makes it.

You gotta have a running game for the passing attack to work.

See the Rams passing stats without SJAX yesterday.

You are not seriously comparing Denver to the Rams are you? :lol:

no he simply stated the fact that for a passing game to be more effective you need a good running game to keep the defense guessing.

I hate to raise it but I will: nobody heard of Sam Gado before he showed up out of nowhere in Green Bay after a rash of injuries. One of the major attractions of Torain coming in was that he would be the, main, almost sole primary back by default. Same goes for Pope. Just a hunch, but what the Denver fan said about Hills (this string or the other?) makes sense, what we saw in the Cleveland game is probably the extent of it and maybe they'll keep him at FB. If Pope comes in the Broncos will still have to run occasionally to keep them honest (16-25 carries a game out of the question???). Now what he does with those carries is another question.

Or maybe Denver just starts throwing their ***es off like some run 'n shoot team, I don't know.

On the other hand: maybe Haynes is being brought in as a backup fullback (he's 230 lbs.), because they plan on using Hillis more at HB. Fun, no?

Still I'm desperate at RB and despite having sworn off Denver RB's like bad gin years ago here I am with my waiver claim for Pope until I hear otherwise.

I hate to raise it but I will: nobody heard of Sam Gado before he showed up out of nowhere in Green Bay after a rash of injuries. One of the major attractions of Torain coming in was that he would be the, main, almost sole primary back by default. Same goes for Pope. Just a hunch, but what the Denver fan said about Hills (this string or the other?) makes sense, what we saw in the Cleveland game is probably the extent of it and maybe they'll keep him at FB. If Pope comes in the Broncos will still have to run occasionally to keep them honest (16-25 carries a game out of the question???). Now what he does with those carries is another question.

Or maybe Denver just starts throwing their ***es off like some run 'n shoot team, I don't know.

On the other hand: maybe Haynes is being brought in as a backup fullback (he's 230 lbs.), because they plan on using Hillis more at HB. Fun, no?

Still I'm desperate at RB and despite having sworn off Denver RB's like bad gin years ago here I am with my waiver claim for Pope until I hear otherwise.

the comment about moving hillis to hb and using the newly signed haynes as a fullback makes a lot of sense. again, the ball security issues guys like pittman, hall, and young had this yr in games makes me think a practice squad guy like pope may not have as high a chance at the starter hb job.