Sign in to follow this  
--==Devastation_Inc.==--

No LUV for Patriots !

I'm a long time Patriots fan.. I'm used to the Patriots getting no respect, but this last game against the Jets took the cake... The Jets blew a 24-6 lead and needed overtime to beat a injury riddled Patriots team... Good thing for the Jets they won the coin toss because we all now who would have won that game... Not to be... Way it goes... The jets won the game & they deserve credit for that, but what was said by ESPN after the game is just ridiculous... Brett Favre was made out to be God like & the Jets finally got the Demon (Patriots) off there backs... ESPN went on to say how much credit Brett Favre & the NY Jets defense deserved !! Are you kidding me???? The jets lost there first meeting against the Patriots earlier this year and nearly lost again by blowing a 24-6 lead... The staunch NY Jets defense gave up 400 yards passing, 62 yards rushing, and 3 TD's to a backup QB !!!! How is that playing good D??? What should have been said is "the NY Jets escaped with a win tonight because the Patriots would have won that game had it they won the coin toss"..... Hey no sour grapes here... The Jets won & congrats to them, but shouldn't the Patriots get at least a drop of credit here by the expert analysts???? With the amount of injuries the Pats have they should have been blown out... That didn't happen... All the Patriots did was suck it up and a back up QB set offense records that not even Tom Brady has..... The Jets did not beat the "normal" Patriots... They beat a back QB, a back up RB crew, and a banged up D... There is a lot of football left and i wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots still win the division, but hey if they do they won't get credit for that... Heck, they won 18 straight games last year & were called losers... The Giants were the much better team that day... Way it goes... No one likes winners & most of the country was happy to see the Patriots get spanked... Hey all good things come to an end... The Patriots dynasty is over for now....

Win or lose the game with the Jets was one for the ages... The Patriots showed once again that it's "team" that wins football games... Even without Tom Brady, Lawrence Mahroney, Sammy Morris,Lamont Jorden, Rodney Harrison, Adaleus Thomas, ect ect ect....... We still set offense records and almost sent Mangini home a loser once again....

Win or lose the game with the Jets was one for the ages... The Patriots showed once again that it's "team" that wins football games... Even without Tom Brady, Lawrence Mahroney, Sammy Morris,Lamont Jorden, Rodney Harrison, Adaleus Thomas, ect ect ect....... We still set offense records and almost sent Mangini home a loser once again....

How does a Patriots loss show everyone that it's 'team' that wins football games? Is this an anti-Patriots thread? I'm confused.

Also, I'm surprised that you are so excited about 'almost' sending Mangini home a loser. I imagine you'll be ecstatic if the pats almost make the playoffs.

You're upset your 'team' lost, plain and simple.

You're further upset by the manner in which they lost, further pointing out the bizarre and tragic flaw in NFL overtime rules.

Your team is overrun by injuries - I got news for ya - that's football, and teams deal with it every year. What makes the Patriots suffering through the same fate as other teams so heroic or special? Yawn. Insipid and banal.

And lastly, the demi-god status of Favre, rational or not, is well known to the entire football world, and this victory by the Jets or your complaining ain't gonna change it. Too late. The man has already immortalized himself, for all those touchdowns, or all those interceptions, or all those starts, or his entire mystique. Whatever, it's done.

Stop whining, have some chowder.

Hey no sour grapes here...

Are you sure there aren't some sour grapes here?

As for Favre, in case you didn't notice, the media decided a long time ago that he is a deity. In fact they got together and decided to vote the Holy Ghost out of the Trinity. It is now, the Father, the Son and Brett Favre. Embarrasing Favre-love by the media will continue until he really retires.

You're upset your 'team' lost, plain and simple.

You're further upset by the manner in which they lost, further pointing out the bizarre and tragic flaw in NFL overtime rules.

Your team is overrun by injuries - I got news for ya - that's football, and teams deal with it every year. What makes the Patriots suffering through the same fate as other teams so heroic or special? Yawn. Insipid and banal.

And lastly, the demi-god status of Favre, rational or not, is well known to the entire football world, and this victory by the Jets or your complaining ain't gonna change it. Too late. The man has already immortalized himself, for all those touchdowns, or all those interceptions, or all those starts, or his entire mystique. Whatever, it's done.

Stop whining, have some chowder.

Of course i'm a tad upset the Patriots lost... Your right i think overtime rules should be changed... On the flip side it was the Patriots D's job to stop the Jets & they didn't do that... I fully understand injuries are a part of football, but when a injury riddled team gets zero credit for almost pulling off an amazing comeback... I have problems with that... The Jets are a fully healthy team and should have never collapsed like they did, but yet Mr. INT Brett Favre deserves all the credit?? Like you said "whatever, it's done"...

I think i will have some chowdah !! That's sounds pretty good right about now.. I hope the Titans thump Brett Favre !!

Are you sure there aren't some sour grapes here?

As for Favre, in case you didn't notice, the media decided a long time ago that he is a deity. In fact they got together and decided to vote the Holy Ghost out of the Trinity. It is now, the Father, the Son and Brett Favre. Embarrasing Favre-love by the media will continue until he really retires.

I have no sour grapes with the loss, but i do have sour grapes when a back up crew sets records and it's Favre who's the hero... Pleeeeese....

Devastation, a couple things to point out to you.

1. You probably could have just posted this in the Jets/Patriots thread here or one of the DAILY 'Pats fans checking in' threads instead of putting yet another thread on the front page for people launch salvos at the Pats and their fans.

2. Use paragraphs when you post. That rambling post to open this thread up just pisses people off and they either don't read it or flame you.

3. Drop the Patriots get no respect angle. The media sucked the Patriots off last year like a fat chick on a holiday ham. The Pats were favored to win this week so they must be getting some respect huh? The Pats lost to the Jets so how about dealing out some respect to the team that bested them? Lead by example. The organization (mainly BB) acted classless at times last year and are reaping what they sowed. The reason the Pats can play that 'it's us against the world' angle is their behavior has turned alot of people off.

4. Sure the Pats made it a game this week but that was due more to mismanagement on the Jets part than 'team play' on the Pats. The Pats need work to make it to the playoffs and ALOT of prayer to make it to the big dance.

And for christs sake quit whining about injuries.

Dallas has been hit just as hard. Seattle has lost it's QB and about four receivers. Philadelphia goes most years without McNabb and Westbrook, two of the league's best players, and San Diego hobbled into the playoffs last year with a gimpy Rivers and without the league's best running back in LT.

It's tackle football. People get injured. Good backups is part of running a good franchise. Whaaaaaaaaaa. :angry: And most teams don't have teh benefit of histories greatest coach. :sarcasm:

Demi-God Farve > Demi-God Billacheck

Billacheck is supposed to be able to stick anyone in his lineup and win. Farve pulled it off this week. You should give Farve some credit for not throwing an INT.

18-1

Yes... Isn't it beautiful... 18-1... How many teams can say they won 3 superbowls and follow that up with a perfect regular season and yet another superbowl appearance??... The Giants were the better team that day... All the credit should be theirs !! It was a painful superbowl loss for sure... I'm just glad i'm a fan of a team that at least had the opportunity to be in a superbowl... I wouldn't trade being a Pats fan for the world... It's much better than being a Detroit Lions fan right about now....

Yes... Isn't it beautiful... 18-1... How many teams can say they won 3 superbowls and follow that up with a perfect regular season and yet another superbowl appearance??... The Giants were the better team that day... All the credit should be theirs !! It was a painful superbowl loss for sure... I'm just glad i'm a fan of a team that at least had the opportunity to be in a superbowl... I wouldn't trade being a Pats fan for the world... It's much better than being a Detroit Lions fan right about now....

The real question is would any other team have you? :dunno:

And it's a bored rule that anytime you say Patriots and Superbowl in the same sentence you must include one of these.......*

The real question is would any other team have you? :dunno:

And it's a bored rule that anytime you say Patriots and Superbowl in the same sentence you must include one of these.......*

Every team does it... Anybody who believes otherwise doesn't know what there talking about... The Patriots just got caught...

The whole Belicheat & spygate thing is getting old... It's all just excuses... The Patriots will go down as the best team to ever played the game... period...

Every team does it... Anybody who believes otherwise doesn't know what there talking about... The Patriots just got caught...

The whole Belicheat & spygate thing is getting old... It's all just excuses... The Patriots will go down as the best team to ever CHEAT the game... period...

Fixed. :dunno:

As long as we got the rings right...

You were saying something ealier about used to not getting respect? There's your reason. Cheating taints any and all accomplishments and once you lose respect/integrity it's near impossible to get it back.

Then after the Patriots get caught what did they do....... They went on to have a perfect regular season.... Hmmm how does one explain that?? It just proves those tapes were worthless and didn't help one bit...

You honestly believe BB and the Pats Org. turned over ALL the material they had? You think a multimillion dollar operation doesn't archive EVERY bit of tape or that they're so cheap that they just keep reusing the same VCR tapes? Come on man; honestly. With today's DIGITAL technology, every scrap of stuff they video'd may still be in their possession AND most certainly didn't get turned over to Goddell's goon squad.

And the argument (since you brought it up) that those tapes were useless and didn't help them conflicts with the idea that BB is a genius. Why waste the effort or risk being caught for 'worthless' material? It doesn't hold water. Fact: Pats had video of Steelers OFFENSIVE signal calling. Fact: Pats had video of DEFENSIVE signal calling. You don't go to that effort for YEARS if it's bearing no fruit unless you're an idiot. So is BB a genius or an idiot?

You were saying something ealier about used to not getting respect? There's your reason. Cheating taints any and all accomplishments and once you lose respect/integrity it's near impossible to get it back.

You honestly believe BB and the Pats Org. turned over ALL the material they had? You think a multimillion dollar operation doesn't archive EVERY bit of tape or that they're so cheap that they just keep reusing the same VCR tapes? Come on man; honestly. With today's DIGITAL technology, every scrap of stuff they video'd may still be in their possession AND most certainly didn't get turned over to Goddell's goon squad.

And the argument (since you brought it up) that those tapes were useless and didn't help them conflicts with the idea that BB is a genius. Why waste the effort or risk being caught for 'worthless' material? It doesn't hold water. Fact: Pats had video of Steelers OFFENSIVE signal calling. Fact: Pats had video of DEFENSIVE signal calling. You don't go to that effort for YEARS if it's bearing no fruit unless you're an idiot. So is BB a genius or an idiot?

Good thing we have those tapes archived or the Pats would have never made that comeback... Notice how they didn't do well until after halftime... Hmmm, they must have studied those tapes real hard & then it paid off... It just stinks the tapes didn't work in OT... Oh well maybe next time... Bill Belichick has got to do a better job at reviewing those archived tapes if we are going to have any shot at the playoffs...

Of course i'm a tad upset the Patriots lost... Your right i think overtime rules should be changed... On the flip side it was the Patriots D's job to stop the Jets & they didn't do that... I fully understand injuries are a part of football, but when a injury riddled team gets zero credit for almost pulling off an amazing comeback... I have problems with that... The Jets are a fully healthy team and should have never collapsed like they did, but yet Mr. INT Brett Favre deserves all the credit?? Like you said "whatever, it's done"...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Stop F"in whining, you guys went 18-1 last year and ###### the bed.

They had history in their hands and got Totally out coached.

Suck it up and wait for the Panzy to get healthy.

Good thing we have those tapes archived or the Pats would have never made that comeback... Notice how they didn't do well until after halftime... Hmmm, they must have studied those tapes real hard & then it paid off... It just stinks the tapes didn't work in OT... Oh well maybe next time... Bill Belichick has got to do a better job at reviewing those archived tapes if we are going to have any shot at the playoffs...

Well, considering we ARE dealing with known and admitted cheaters it's entirely possible that ol' BB has the visitor's locker room bugged. When dealing with someone as egotistical and as brazen a cheater as BB you can't rule out anything.

I also wonder if the visitor's communications between sideline and QB still go out at inopportune times at Gillette? Maybe the money the Pats are saving in video taper's salary and equipment they can fix that system finally. :dunno:

I see the douchebags have come out of the woodwork!

Any moron can see that ESPN treated the Jets as if they won the Superbowl after that game, which was a joke. The coin toss decided the game in OT plain and simple. No sour grapes here.

I see the douchebags have come out of the woodwork!

Any moron can see that ESPN treated the Jets as if they won the Superbowl after that game, which was a joke. The coin toss decided the game in OT plain and simple. No sour grapes here.

Well when you think that 10 out of the last 11 were won by the Pats, the Pats were favorites in the game and the OPEN animosity from BB toward Mangini, yeah it was pretty hyped. Add in the Favre drama angle and you SHOULD expect it ESPN to overdue it.

As far as the coin toss deciding the game plain and simple, it was also the Pats DEF not stopping them. Pats have been on the receiving side of lady luck too; several times.

Well when you think that 10 out of the last 11 were won by the Pats, the Pats were favorites in the game and the OPEN animosity from BB toward Mangini, yeah it was pretty hyped. Add in the Favre drama angle and you SHOULD expect it ESPN to overdue it.

As far as the coin toss deciding the game plain and simple, it was also the Pats DEF not stopping them. Pats have been on the receiving side of lady luck too; several times.

With all those so called archived films & a bugged locker room the Pats D should have been able to stop the Jets drive in overtime...

What should be done with these cheating Patriots??... Maybe they should strip New England of it's football team & take all the Patriots out to a firing squad !! Would that satify everyone...

With all those so called archived films & a bugged locker room the Pats D should have been able to stop the Jets drive in overtime...

What should be done with these cheating Patriots??... Maybe they should strip New England of it's football team & take all the Patriots out to a firing squad !! Would that satify everyone...

Yes! Finally a good idea arises.

Devastation started out being devastated.

Several, including myself, gave him an earful for daring to ###### about all the tragic injustice in Massachusetts these days.

But hey, I despise the Pats as much as the next guy who isn't from there, but drumming up the past to scathingly attack the guy's fandom seems a bit much.

For all that the Pats hype got wayyyyy out of control last year, arousing the ire and derision of many, it remains the past.

Let's focus on current affairs shall we? It's nice to be topical.

I suggest, on schedule alone, that the Jets win the AFC East. :lol: Discuss.

And for christs sake quit whining about injuries.

Dallas has been hit just as hard. Seattle has lost it's QB and about four receivers. Philadelphia goes most years without McNabb and Westbrook, two of the league's best players, and San Diego hobbled into the playoffs last year with a gimpy Rivers and without the league's best running back in LT.

It's tackle football. People get injured. Good backups is part of running a good franchise. Whaaaaaaaaaa. :cry: And most teams don't have teh benefit of histories greatest coach. :sarcasm:

Newbie in a pats thread!?!?!?!??? :shocking:

The Patriots are the team with the good backups..

How well has Dallas been playing with their injuries? :) How well did Senecca Wallace do for the Hawks? :wall:

Expect the pats to gimp into the playoffs... and if BB gets fired up and cuts the sleeves of a few sweatshirts then look out, there could be a few teams goin home earlier than expected.