Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

New York Jets @ New England Patriots

Here we go...

Inactives

Jets: QB Brett Ratliff (3rd), K Mike Nugent, TE Bubba Franks, WR David Clowney, LB David Harris, FS Eric Smith, CB Drew Coleman, RB Marcus Mason.

Patriots: QB Matt Gutierrez (3rd), DE Ty Warren, LB Eric Alexander, LB Adalius Thomas, OL Wesley Britt, RB LaMont Jordan, CB Lewis Sanders, CB Terrence Wheatley.

Looks like Sammy Morris is available for duty.

We need some ingame coverage for us poor cable guys

Well - I can tell you that the audio feed is already cutting in and out and adding the censorship beep...so either they are having trouble...or the chicks singing that national anthem were just cursing up a storm.

Ty Warren isn't playing? :unsure:

Ty Warren has got a groin injury - deactivated for the night.

Schecter did also mention that Adalius Thomas hasn't been placed on the IR yet - as the Pats are holding out hope that he might be ready to come back by the start of the playoffs. Which is good news. Now let's get to the playoffs.

TD - Brett Favre pass to Leon Washington.

Jets - 7

Patriots - 0

Did the jets go for it on 4th Down that first drive?

Did the jets go for it on 4th Down that first drive?

No a third down catch for a first by Coles was called incomplete (bobbled out of bounds)- it got reviewed and overturned. They had the punt team on the field and called them back after it was declared a catch. Then the Jets proceeded to drive another 40+ yards to score. :unsure:

Who has Favre been targeting in the red zone? I am not able to watch the game.....

Dustin Keller - two plays in a row down near the goal line. Keller dropped the first - should have had it, then Favre went right back to him and tried to force it into tight coverage and Keller couldn't get a hand on it.

Four RBs have carried the ball for New England....

Sammy Morris - 5 carries, 14 yds

Kevin Faulk - 4 carries, 9 yds

BJGE - 2 carries, 9 yds

Heath Evans - 1 carry, 4 yds

Jets - 10

Patriots - 6

Someone agree with me that NFL network coverage seems boring. Something just bugs me. Gumble gone helps, but the overall production seems weird.

Oh my god. I benched Washington a couple hours before the game, then put him back in at the last minute. My league gives points for return yardage. 27 points and it's only the second quarter!

Yeah it does seem boring and I dont know what it is either. Favre is methodically marching down the field on the Pats so far. I wouldnt be shocked to see a deep ball coming soon on first down to catch the Pats off guard. You can see Favre believes in Keller after going back to him in the endzone but the kid has got to hold on to the ball. The first pass should've been caught.

How good is Leon Washington? I've also been impressed with Ty Law. They've had him matched up with Moss on more than one occasion which is ballsy considering how long he's been away. He's holding his own so far.

The Mayo injury is a big one for the Pats D. They cant afford to lose him or they go back to being the aging defense that Tom Brady covered up.

Oh my god. I benched Washington a couple hours before the game, then put him back in at the last minute. My league gives points for return yardage. 27 points and it's only the second quarter!

It's about time the Jets started using him more on offense.

cotchery was en fuego on that series!

3 catches for 76 yards and a TD

and that one handed grab was sick!

:doublethumbsup:

fock him I finally benched that scrub officially and now look

and im playing against a guy who is so shitty he had to start pierre thomas and washington at RB

Cassel seems to almost go out of his way to avoid Randy. Won't even look to his side of the field, and when he does its to right away to Watson or Faulk or someone. Doesn't even seem to be in the progression.

Moss? Bueller? Man am I glad that poor schlepp drafted Randy in front of me. DRAFTING WRs IN THE FIRST ROUND IS STUPID :doublethumbsup:

Ty Law singled up on Moss most of the night and that ###### Cassel doesn't throw his way ONCE the entire half.

I have never said or thought this in fourteen years of playing FF but I hope that a**hole turns an ankle and

sits 4 or 5 games.

Ty Law singled up on Moss most of the night and that ###### Cassel doesn't throw his way ONCE the entire half.

I have never said or thought this in fourteen years of playing FF but I hope that a**hole turns an ankle and

sits 4 or 5 games.

He did throw to him a couple times, but essentially doesn't even look to his side of the field most plays. When he does, it's clearly to go to someone else.

sits 4 or 5 games.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I'm shocked the Jets have put Law on Moss one-on-one a few times during the game. I'm even more shocked that Cassel only tested that matchup once with a horrible pass in the endzone.

sits 4 or 5 games.

I do it several times a FF year. Usually against my opponents but 2006 Dante Culpepper p!ssed me off and when he got hurt mid season, I hoped his leg was broken so I could drop him. My prayer was answered and I slept peacefully that night. :thumbsdown:

Cassel's a hard read. That TD pass to Gaffney looked great as did the others to him. Other times he looks like a buffoon. :dunno:

sits 4 or 5 games.

Actually - he threw his way at least twice - one deep pass well over Randy's head and the other in the endzone nowhere near him. But yeah - I hear you - those man matchups are the ones that Randy wins a majority of the time -and especially against Ty Law? Cassel should be going there the whole time. I wonder if they will change their game plan in the second half to try and exploit that.