Sign in to follow this  
Darko M

Tatum Bell is expected to start.

Tatum Bell is the latest option used by Shanahan in a season where four running backs have started games and six have received significant playing time. Bell is expected to start Sunday against the Raiders.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_11037573?nclick_check=1

So, Hillis is probably back to being a full time FB? Bell looks like a solid play against Oakland who gives up 165 rushing ypg and 15 rushing tds so far this year. :pointstosky:

Something to watch tomorrow but its a late afternoon game so that wont help some people....I read somewhere else that Bell wasnt cut by Denver he was traded to Detroit with another guy for Dre Bly...regardless though its going to take some kind of confirmation to find out if this is the straight dope or just a dope

P Hillis is a good flex start this week if you need to plug him in. I expect Shanny to use T Bell about the same amount as Hillis this week, but Hillis is the better fantasy option (and a much better RB IMO). Hillis should get the goal line carries and be the 3rd down back because of his receiving skills.

I believe that Hillis is the back to own in Denver (if you have to own one) for the rest of the season. But trust Shanny to turn it into a RBBC.

What do you guys think of Arrington as your sleeper of the week RB?

I read somewhere else that Bell wasnt cut by Denver he was traded to Detroit with another guy for Dre Bly

Tatum Bell + George Foster (o-lineman) for Dre Bly.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_11037573?nclick_check=1

So, Hillis is probably back to being a full time FB? Bell looks like a solid play against Oakland who gives up 165 rushing ypg and 15 rushing tds so far this year. :unsure:

I read this article. I haven't seen this reported anywhere else. I originally picked up Bell then dropped him for Hillis, but I always thought Bell would eventually take over. But technically isn't he still 3rd string behind Pope and Hillis?

I would not be surprised if Bell started - BUT if he does someone needs to hand it to this reporter for some pretty good inside news. Otherwise though I'm guessing Hillis start if I had to say. I still have Hillis not Bell.

The article did not say Bell was starting. This is a lot of smoke,

I think Bell is fools gold.

He has a little bit of value this week because Young will still be out for one more week and a weak Raider rush defense. Hillis will get goal line looks and is the receiving back on a pass heavy offense. Bell is not an option to catch the ball and Young will take over between the 20's once he is back.

Hillis isn't even on the FFT rb rankings this week? :overhead:

And you use FFToday projections for what?? My recommendation - don't even look at fftoday weekly projections to make your line-up decisions.

The article did not say Bell was starting. This is a lot of smoke,

well lets be factual here...It does say he is starting. "Tatum Bell is the latest option used by Shanahan in a season where four running backs have started games and six have received significant playing time. Bell is expected to start Sunday against the Raiders."

Now I wouldnt have taken it for factual until you saw some kind of confirmation today. I think he just misblogged or over blogged either way it was just something to keep an eye on