Sign in to follow this  
eagles115

Chris Johnson.........anyone scared?

He warms my bench next week......esp. knowing that Landwhale will steal any goal line TD's

Yes so worried that I won't be starting him. Oh not to mention my starting D is Pitt so another reason I can't start him. Check out my rbs for next week:

CJ vs Pitt

DeAngelo @ Giants

MB3 vs Ravens

I saw this coming about 4 weeks ago so I traded for Maurice Jones-Drew since he is facing the Colts and I grabbed Pierre Thomas off waivers sometime back for his matchup against the Lions this week. Kinda funny that I am going to start two rbs in my championship game that I have never started yet.

Yep. Going back to Bush to go with Westy in a PPR league.

Sitting CJohn.

Yes so worried that I won't be starting him. Oh not to mention my starting D is Pitt so another reason I can't start him. Check out my rbs for next week:

CJ vs Pitt

DeAngelo @ Giants

MB3 vs Ravens

I saw this coming about 4 weeks ago so I traded for Maurice Jones-Drew since he is facing the Colts and I grabbed Pierre Thomas off waivers sometime back for his matchup against the Lions this week. Kinda funny that I am going to start two rbs in my championship game that I have never started yet.

yea i hear ya. Pitts is most likely gonna stack the line and make kerry beat them....which lol aint happening. I am hoping either rhodes or foster starts. If not CJ3 is in vs pitts

Sitting CJohn.

What did the MRI results say about Bush's knee? I haven't heard, so I'm assuming he's good to go.

Sitting CJohn.

Be careful.....Bush is gimpy

How'd Tashard Choice do against Pitt?? That's right, I'm starting CJ with confidence!!!! Nevah bench your studs!!!!!!!!!!!! :music_guitarred: :pointstosky:

How'd Tashard Choice do against Pitt?? That's right, I'm starting CJ with confidence!!!! Nevah bench your studs!!!!!!!!!!!! :music_guitarred: :pointstosky:

Thats what i dont get with jeff fischer.....why doesnt he use CJ3 more in the passing game with his speed!!!!! I think this week they will atleast i hope so

you mean like.....CJ or Westy this week?

:wave:

god pitts is due for a letdown game soon arent they?!?!!? I mean there D has been sick pretty much all year but damn screw up sometimes guys and cut us some breaks

How'd Tashard Choice do against Pitt?? That's right, I'm starting CJ with confidence!!!! Nevah bench your studs!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :overhead:

Have fun with that.

Have fun with that.

I will just like I did this week with Turner against the Bucs when everyone was screaming to bench him. :banana:

I will just like I did this week with Turner against the Bucs when everyone was screaming to bench him. :banana:

turner this will = 150 yards rushing/ 50 yards receiving and 2 td's

Couldnt ask for a worse matchup for him and the titans

You people are idiots! Did you see what Tashard Choice did to the Pitt Defense? Why would you ever sit your stud RB?

You people are idiots! Did you see what Tashard Choice did to the Pitt Defense? Why would you ever sit your stud RB?

Dallas also had Romo as there QB, TO, Roy Williams and Witten...................titans got um........................The whale and CJ3

Dallas also had Romo as there QB, TO, Roy Williams and Witten...................titans got um........................The whale and CJ3

A third string RB torched the steeler D. Ride CJ3 to the title and don't look back

Forget his name, but little fat guy on NFL network suspects that they are gonna let off on CJ a bit for the last 2 games to save him for the playoffs.

He said his impression from talking to TEN is that they think they have a good team and that having them healthy is more important then making sure they have home field advantage through playoffs.

not sure I buy it, but its a HUGE concern.

That said, I do think that IF Ten DOESNT back off CJ he may do ok in PPR. Kinda like what portis did with the Steelers.

Hard to bench CJ now, isn't it?

Tennessee is playing for home field advantage, which is huge. I think they would rather play at home vs Pitt rather than travel to Pittsburgh for a playoff game. I just don't understand resting players. Look at the Giants last year. They played all their guys in a meaningless game vs NE. Sure, they lost, but the continuity and the rhythm they had going into the playoffs was obviously a factor in their Super Bowl run.

I have CJ in 2 championship games next week. I think I have to roll with him at this point. He has been too good to bench now.

turner this will = 150 yards rushing/ 50 yards receiving and 2 td's

That is a pretty gutty call considering the Vikings have allowed more the 77 total team rushing yards in 4 of 14 games this season, have not allowed more than 108 total rushing yards since week 1 and have not had any back go over 100 yards against them all season. Yes Williams is missing but that is still brave.

That is a pretty gutty call considering the Vikings have allowed more the 77 total team rushing yards in 4 of 14 games this season, have not allowed more than 108 total rushing yards since week 1 and have not had any back go over 100 yards against them all season. Yes Williams is missing but that is still brave.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Doesn't look like a bad prediction now.

Agreed. I'm a Turner owner and will start him, but I'm not expecting tons of points. If he gets 90 yards and a TD I'll gladly take it. This is still the Vikings and they still have a good run defense. His numbers haven't been as impressive on the road. I know the team overall has gotten better as the season wore on, but still it will be a tough game on the road against a good run defense regardless of Williams out. I'm hoping I'm wrong though.

You cannot start him vs the Steelers. They will gameplan their D to slow him down as he is the only threat on the entire team. At best he gets 75 yards no td.

I will just like I did this week with Turner against the Bucs when everyone was screaming to bench him. :thumbsup:

After what Carolina did against Tampa nobody said to bench Turner this week that I saw. People had discounted him in tough match-ups before that yes. But for the first half the season it was the right call though because he didn't do much against good run D's.

Tashard Choice was a fluke. Steelers gameplan will be to stop the Titan running game and make Collins beat them thru the air, which he can't. Plus there's been rumor that Fisher is going to rest his guys a bit against Steelers and Indy since they're already guaranteed at least the #2 spot. I'm not necessarily buying that, but i do predict this one gets ugly for the Titans.

Pittsburgh against the rush the last three weeks:

PITT @ BALT-- 112 total rush yards allowed, McLain 87 yards

DAL @ PITT-- 95 total rush yards allowed, Choice 88 yards, 5 rec 78 yards

PITT @ NE-- 122 total rush yards allowed, Faulk 73 yards, Morris 45, Faulk 7 rec 48 yards

Why on Earth would you bench CJ? Are the Steelers going to hold him to 0 yards? I mean unless you play in a 6 or 8 team league, you have to play CJ!! I think CJ goes for over 100 yards combined and 1 TD.

Tashard Choice was a fluke. Steelers gameplan will be to stop the Titan running game and make Collins beat them thru the air, which he can't. Plus there's been rumor that Fisher is going to rest his guys a bit against Steelers and Indy since they're already guaranteed at least the #2 spot. I'm not necessarily buying that, but i do predict this one gets ugly for the Titans.

So you have the chance at the # 1 seed overall and home playoff games throughout but you will settle for the # 2 seed and a possible road playoff game? Does that make sense? :doublethumbsup:

So you have the chance at the # 1 seed overall and home playoff games throughout but you will settle for the # 2 seed and a possible road playoff game? Does that make sense? :pointstosky:

About as much sense as trying to justify a 3-11 record as better than a winning record. HTH

About as much sense as trying to justify a 3-11 record as better than a winning record. HTH

Stay on point. This is about CJ vs Pittsburgh, not about your mediocre Eagles.

stalking isn't cool! itsatip

chances are if you own CJ, youve been starting him all year. if you all the sudden don't start him in the Championship, you better have a damn good replacement. otherwise, have fun kicking yourself for the next year. for instance, i have Rhodes. If Addai is out again, i will strongly consider Rhodes. Otherwise, its CJ.

chances are if you own CJ, youve been starting him all year. if you all the sudden don't start him in the Championship, you better have a damn good replacement. otherwise, have fun kicking yourself for the next year. for instance, i have Rhodes. If Addai is out again, i will strongly consider Rhodes. Otherwise, its CJ.

At best he gets 80 and a score (and that is being very generous). If you have better options, which is possible considering where CJ went in drafts, look elsewhere.

Pittsburgh against the rush the last three weeks:

PITT @ BALT-- 112 total rush yards allowed, McLain 87 yards

DAL @ PITT-- 95 total rush yards allowed, Choice 88 yards, 5 rec 78 yards

PITT @ NE-- 122 total rush yards allowed, Faulk 73 yards, Morris 45, Faulk 7 rec 48 yards

Why on Earth would you bench CJ? Are the Steelers going to hold him to 0 yards? I mean unless you play in a 6 or 8 team league, you have to play CJ!! I think CJ goes for over 100 yards combined and 1 TD.

5. That's how many rushing TD's Pittsburgh has given up this season. To assume that someone will get one against them is indeed a bold statement, and most likely incorrect. In fact, someone getting 100+ total yrds AND a TD has only happened once the entire season vs Steelers:

Week Team Player RushYrd RushTD RecYrd RecTD YrdTotal TDTotal

1 HOU S. Slayton 43 0 6 0 49 0

2 CLE J. Lewis 38 0 28 0 66 0

3 PHI C. Buckhalter 43 0 44 1 87 1

4 BAL L. McClain 63 1 26 0 89 1

5 JAC M. Jones-Drew 7 1 23 0 30 1

6 bye

7 CIN C. Benson 52 0 10 0 62 0

8 NYG D. Ward 37 0 43 0 80 0

9 WAS C. Portis 51 0 73 0 124 0

10 IND D. Rhodes 38 0 24 1 62 1

11 SD L. Tomlinson 57 1 45 0 102 1

12 CIN C. Benson 35 0 4 0 39 0

13 NE K. Faulk 73 0 48 0 121 0

14 DAL T. Choice 88 0 78 0 166 0

15 BAL L. McClain 87 0 0 0 87 0

Past performance is no guarantee of future results, but but 1 in 14 isn't real good odds. I'm with you, I don't think I would bench Johnson because he'll probably still get double digit FF results, but expecting a big day from him might be setting your expectations a tad high. What you want to gleam from the stats above is completely up to you, but it tells me that no RB this season has produced more than a 16 pt day against the Steelers defense. If someone were setting their lineup this weekend and trying to decide whether to play Johnson or not, that "might" be a good "ceiling" to use...

So you have the chance at the # 1 seed overall and home playoff games throughout but you will settle for the # 2 seed and a possible road playoff game? Does that make sense? :pointstosky:

what part of "I'm not necessarily buying that" don't you understand?

Here is CJ the last 6 weeks:

@ Chicago 8 rush yds 1 tds

@ Jax 64 rush yds 0 tds

NYJ 46 rush yds 0 tds

@ Detroit 125 rush yds 2 tds

Cleveland 136 rush yds 1 td

@ Houston 65 rush yds 0 tds

Hey I have been a huge CJ fan all season since I drafted him. But Pitt is not Detroit or Cleveland. This is going to be a hard fought defensive game. If anything Tenn will be on long grind it out drives and when they work themselves finally inside the 10 you know the Whale is coming in to steal the td.

CJ has to him long runs to score and I don't see that happening against Pitt. Now if you forsee that you can win your championship with 6, 7, maybe 8 yardage points from CJ then roll with him. As for me I will start Pierre @ Lions.

what part of "I'm not necessarily buying that" don't you understand?

Don't get you panties in a bunch. Was referring to the message, not the messenger :lol:

Barring a busted play, the only chance CJ has to produce the kinda #s you need to win a championship is if he catches 7 passes (in ppr of course).

Now, that may happen. Then again, even that im sure Pitt is aware of.

I may go after Foster and see if I can play him this week instead. I could also use Choice, but that matchup isnt great either and its a freakin mess over there on who will get the rock. But if I dont get some better vibes from thos two then ill prob roll with CJ and pray to god he catches a ###### load of passes.

I do agree though, if he doesnt get a long TD, he isnt getting a TD.

Barring a busted play, the only chance CJ has to produce the kinda #s you need to win a championship is if he catches 7 passes (in ppr of course).

Now, that may happen. Then again, even that im sure Pitt is aware of.

I may go after Foster and see if I can play him this week instead. I could also use Choice, but that matchup isnt great either and its a freakin mess over there on who will get the rock. But if I dont get some better vibes from thos two then ill prob roll with CJ and pray to god he catches a ###### load of passes.

I do agree though, if he doesnt get a long TD, he isnt getting a TD.

Go ask Westbrook owners today how they feel. There is no way anyone can predict what will happen, just a bunch of guess work. In that case, you play your studs and hope for the best. How are you going to feel if you lose with Foster while CJ has a better than expeced game against Pitt and you leave double digit FF points on the bench?

Go ask Westbrook owners today how they feel. There is no way anyone can predict what will happen, just a bunch of guess work. In that case, you play your studs and hope for the best. How are you going to feel if you lose with Foster while CJ has a better than expeced game against Pitt and you leave double digit FF points on the bench?

Yep, THAT is the prob. If you start CJ and he comes up small, but some other guy you were gonna play in his place has a good game your gonna be pissed.

If you sit CJ for some "smart play", and the smart play lays an egg while CJ throws up 15-20 and costs you the championship, you may shoot yourself.

Yep, THAT is the prob. If you start CJ and he comes up small, but some other guy you were gonna play in his place has a good game your gonna be pissed.

If you sit CJ for some "smart play", and the smart play lays an egg while CJ throws up 15-20 and costs you the championship, you may shoot yourself.

I can live with CJ coming up small. I can't live with benching him for a "cute" play and having that blow up on me. Tough call, no doubt. But I'm riding with my studs, win or lose.