Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

A Question for the writers of FF Today

Do you take in consideration the weather forecast when making your rankings/projections for the week? Is it only 1 person who is responsible for the rankings or a team of writers? I'm glad you finally put Pierre in the top 10 but I think he should be ranked higher than Forte because of his toe injury. In my opinion, Pierre should be # 1 and Slaton #2. T. Bell ranked as a tier 2 over Sammy Morris , D. Rhodes, Addai, and Larry Johnson? :unsure:

Professional weathercasters can't give you an accurate forecast day after day, and you want the writers to have it figured out on Tues/Weds and factor that into their projections for the weekend? :unsure:

Use a little common sense here. You adjust the rankings yourself if it looks as though the weather will be an issue.

You shouldn't be relying on anyone's rankings but yourself anyways. They are merely reference.

Professional weathercasters can't give you an accurate forecast day after day, and you want the writers to have it figured out on Tues/Weds and factor that into their projections for the weekend? :unsure:

Use a little common sense here. You adjust the rankings yourself if it looks as though the weather will be an issue.

Well common sense should tell you that 2 blizzards heading into NE forecasted pretty early might suggest that Warner shouldnt be ranked #2 either. What about the Forte and T. Bell ranking? Weather related?

Well common sense should tell you that 2 blizzards heading into NE forecasted pretty early might suggest that Warner shouldnt be ranked #2 either. What about the Forte and T. Bell ranking? Weather related?

Okay, I see we're not getting the point so :unsure:

Do you take in consideration the weather forecast when making your rankings/projections for the week? Is it only 1 person who is responsible for the rankings or a team of writers? I'm glad you finally put Pierre in the top 10 but I think he should be ranked higher than Forte because of his toe injury. In my opinion, Pierre should be # 1 and Slaton #2. T. Bell ranked as a tier 2 over Sammy Morris , D. Rhodes, Addai, and Larry Johnson? :unsure:

Exactly...quit your :music_guitarred:

Okay, I see we're not getting the point so :wave:

I see you edited your post before adding this to make it look better :wall:

Exactly...quit your :cry:

How am I crying about asking a simple question? You 2 don't have championship games at stake this week huh :lol:. I have 3 to play in. ;)

How am I crying about asking a simple question? You 2 don't have championship games at stake this week huh :wall:. I have 3 to play in. :wave:

Actually, I am playing in one, but unlike you, I'm not bitching about a ff website that has it's own opinion about projections. Who said you HAVE to follow them? Try to follow along. Maybe tomorrow we'll try colors.

Red

Green

Blue

Actually, I am playing in one, but unlike you, I'm not bitching about a ff website that has it's own opinion about projections. Who said you HAVE to follow them? Try to follow along. Maybe tomorrow we'll try colors.

Red

Green

Blue

Hmmmmmmm I wonder what the 420 means in your name? Do you even have any brain cells left to give an opinion? :wall:

I see you edited your post before adding this to make it look better :wall:

I added this "You shouldn't be relying on anyone's rankings but yourself anyways. They are merely reference.

I didn't change a thing about the original statement but thanks for reaffirming that what I'm saying makes more sense then the stuff you're spewing.

Looks like someone is in need of attention today. LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME

Hmmmmmmm I wonder what the 420 means in your name? Do you even have any brain cells left to give an opinion? :wave:

I have enough to know when to follow one...d'oh!

Thanks for making this easy. :wall:

I added this "You shouldn't be relying on anyone's rankings but yourself anyways. They are merely reference.

I didn't change a thing about the original statement but thanks for reaffirming that what I'm saying makes more sense than the stuff you're spewing.

Looks like someone is in need of attention today. LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME

Fixed :wall:

This is ridiculous. Start who you think will score you the most points. You don't need someone elses projections to tell you what to do. As someone said, they are a a good reference. If I am thinking of making a bold move (I've considered starting Shaun Hill over Tony Romo) this week, I'll look at some different rankings and projections just to make sure I'm not completely crazy. If I see Romo consistently ranked 10 spots ahead of Hill or something on many rankings, then I may reconsider. If I see a lot of rankings where they're fairly close or Hill is ahead of Romo, then I realize my bold move may not even be that bold, and is just playing matchups.

Weather does not play a huge factor. Unless their is a complete blizzard, tsunami, or a situation like the fog bowl, the offensive players actually have an advantage. The offensive player knows where they are going on each play and the defensive player does not, make it tougher for them to make the cuts necessary to stay in coverage and/or make the tackle.

If you think Pierre Thomas is the best start this week (he obviously is a good one) then start him with confidence over anyone else. You don't need rankings that have him 4th and Forte 3rd for example to tell you differently. My personal OPINION is that I'd start Slaton or Forte or even Westbrook (in ppr league) over Thomas this week. But if your opinion is Thomas, then go with your opinion.

I can't see the rankings. The main page is blocked here at work. Can any kind soul please post the RB rankings? Thanks in advance.

I appreciate the effort it takes to write the rankings but as I do with ALL rankings, I take them with a grain of salt. For instance, most sites week after week ranked Boldin like 7th or lower each week. It took them 10+ weeks to figure out what those that watched Arizona knew after just 5 weeks; Boldin is the go-to man in the redzone.

Bottom line, if you've gotten this far in the season based solely on where this site or any site ranks players, you've been exceptionally fortunate.

This is ridiculous. Start who you think will score you the most points. You don't need someone elses projections to tell you what to do. As someone said, they are a a good reference. If I am thinking of making a bold move (I've considered starting Shaun Hill over Tony Romo) this week, I'll look at some different rankings and projections just to make sure I'm not completely crazy. If I see Romo consistently ranked 10 spots ahead of Hill or something on many rankings, then I may reconsider. If I see a lot of rankings where they're fairly close or Hill is ahead of Romo, then I realize my bold move may not even be that bold, and is just playing matchups.

Weather does not play a huge factor. Unless their is a complete blizzard, tsunami, or a situation like the fog bowl, the offensive players actually have an advantage. The offensive player knows where they are going on each play and the defensive player does not, make it tougher for them to make the cuts necessary to stay in coverage and/or make the tackle.

If you think Pierre Thomas is the best start this week (he obviously is a good one) then start him with confidence over anyone else. You don't need rankings that have him 4th and Forte 3rd for example to tell you differently. My personal OPINION is that I'd start Slaton or Forte or even Westbrook (in ppr league) over Thomas this week. But if your opinion is Thomas, then go with your opinion.

You guys are contradicting yourselves. If you dont need them, then why use them as a reference. That's just like writing a term paper and quoting someone but not listing them as the reference. If you don't need them then dont use them at all. You are wrong about the weather not being a factor in games. It might be an advantage to the RB's because they can change directions according to what they read but WR's have routes. It's all about timing. Not to mention wind blowing the ball all over the place. Jeff Fisher chose to go for it on 4th and 3 instead of letting his Pro Bowl kicker try a 50 yarder because of the wind. So dont give me this lame excuse about the weather not having a factor in FF.

I appreciate the effort it takes to write the rankings but as I do with ALL rankings, I take them with a grain of salt. For instance, most sites week after week ranked Boldin like 7th or lower each week. It took them 10+ weeks to figure out what those that watched Arizona knew after just 5 weeks; Boldin is the go-to man in the redzone.

Bottom line, if you've gotten this far in the season based solely on where this site or any site ranks players, you've been exceptionally fortunate.

Well put Fernadez. :wall: I joined this site because of the pre rankings and defended Waldman's rankings in a thread once before.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...s+megatron+moss

I had a simple question about how the rankings were made and these guys jumped all over me for asking about how it is compiled.

You guys are contradicting yourselves. If you dont need them, then why use them as a reference. That's just like writing a term paper and quoting someone but not listing them as the reference. If you don't need them then dont use them at all. You are wrong about the weather not being a factor in games. It might be an advantage to the RB's because they can change directions according to what they read but WR's have routes. It's all about timing. Not to mention wind blowing the ball all over the place. Jeff Fisher chose to go for it on 4th and 3 instead of letting his Pro Bowl kicker try a 50 yarder because of the wind. So dont give me this lame excuse about the weather not having a factor in FF.

A "reference," as in just another piece of information I glance at going through my weekly routine.

Weather is a factor in games in extreme conditions. Yes it can play more of a role on the kicking game than nething and as you said, may make a 50 yard FG more like a 60 yarder. But for weather to have much of an affect on offenses you'd have to have wind in excess of 30 MPH, or very heavy rain/snow. The offensive players have the advantage over the defense. They know where they are going. It's a lot easier to make a cut when you know where your headed as a WR than it is to make a cut as a defensive back trying to react to the WR. You used the game in New England on sunday as an example of dropping Kurt Warner in the rankings. Last i checked they're calling for a wintry mix with highs in the low 40's and not much wind. In which case, the weather would not be a factor id consider.

The poster asks some very valid question about the methodology of the weekly projections. He gets slammed by a bunch of ignorant fools. Very typical of many posts on this site. End of story.

The poster asks some very valid question about the methodology of the weekly projections. He gets slammed by a bunch of ignorant fools. Very typical of many posts on this site. End of story.

I agree.

If Matt Waldman, or Mike read this i would like to know if they check preliminary weather before they do their weekly projections.

Been using this site for 4 years. Compiler has produced 3 ships, 2 2nds in that time and I have another ship on the line. I use my gut but the draft sheets are money. If you have to rely on somebody else to set the lineups. I will us the forums but I still go with my gut. If you are intelligent,, use you're brain. If you're stupid, ask a question. We will help but its your team so be a man snd make a decision! If its wrong, fuc k it, its just ff!!

Well said. Must be an epidemic of PMS

Do you take in consideration the weather forecast when making your rankings/projections for the week?

Yes, I will take the weather into consideration but only if its an obvious situation. Most of the time, the impact on my rankings due to the climate is minimal. Having said that, this may be a week were it may affect more of my numbers than usual.

I don't trust weather forcasts more than 24 hours old so I more apt to give the weather input on my Friday night updates.

You are correct. He shouldn't have got slammed. If my posts were considered harsh, I apologize. His first two questions were very valid. Where I took issue was where he started giving his opinions and stating why he thinks the rankings are wrong. That doesn't really serve a purpose because they were completely unrelated to his questions on weather affecting the rankings. All I stated was that if those are his opinions then he should stick with them, and he doesn't need the rankings (which were very close neways) to justify it for him.

Yes, I will take the weather into consideration but only if its an obvious situation. Most of the time, the impact on my rankings due to the climate is minimal. Having said that, this may be a week were it may affect more of my numbers than usual.

I don't trust weather forcasts more than 24 hours old so I more apt to give the weather input on my Friday night updates.

Mike thank you for your response. The reason why I am in 3 of my 4 league championships is because of this site. I stop buying FF mags 2 years ago. I've printed the pre-rankings sheets from this site to draft my players. Last year I was in 2 leagues, won one and 3rd place in the other. So I wasn't disrespecting this site. I can agree to disagree with the rankings sometime and I don't just rely on this site for information. However, someone may point out something that I didnt realize or think about that may be the deciding factor of whom I may start. So if I offended anyone with the T. Bell ranking, I'm sorry.

I see you edited your post before adding this to make it look better :rolleyes:

How am I crying about asking a simple question? You 2 don't have championship games at stake this week huh :banana:. I have 3 to play in. ;)

I believe we are all in championship games this weekend. I'm guessing everyone on this site wins theirs every year. I know I do.

Been using this site for 4 years. Compiler has produced 3 ships, 2 2nds in that time and I have another ship on the line. I use my gut but the draft sheets are money. If you have to rely on somebody else to set the lineups. I will us the forums but I still go with my gut. If you are intelligent,, use you're brain. If you're stupid, ask a question. We will help but its your team so be a man snd make a decision! If its wrong, fuc k it, its just ff!!

Good post, especially the last sentence :thumbsup: