Sign in to follow this  
ashwiggins

FF Playoff Defenses

Finding a sleeper defense for the championship game could be the difference of winning it all or claiming second place. I have Tennessee, but they haven't done much point scoring in a league that only gives points for TDs, fumbles, sacks, safeties and INTs. So for those of you who have it all riding on this weekend, what waiver wire defense and their match-up is worth the gamble? I'm sort of leaning towards playing New Orleans vs. Detroit instead of Tennessee.

im deciding between

dallas - playing on a high level, at home

giants - if the weather is that bad, i believe in my boys

miami - playing KC

texans - playing the raiders

Finding a sleeper defense for the championship game could be the difference of winning it all or claiming second place.
This is exactly why we HALVED our Defensive scoring. Any Defensive player can scoop up a timely fumble for a TD, all return guys are speed burners that can goto the house, and to think the big money get decided from this. :thumbsdown:

As a luck reducing measure, we love it as it forces the game to be about your stud offensive players.

Now if they'd just let me reduce Kickers too.

"Thankyou DirecTV for the SundayTicket "GameMix" channel in High Definition, the reason I built my Theater with a 110" screen"

I just got a 50 inch 1080P Visio Plasma as well as Direct TV Sunday Ticket and the HD Game Mix is one of the greatest sports viewing inventions of all time. The ability to highlight which game you want the sound on is great as well. My only gripe with Direct TV is I don't have local stations in HD and when I called to order Direct TV in September I asked them if I got the Sunday Ticket if watching games in HD cost extra and they assured me it didn't. Then on my bill I got an extra $100 charge on top of regular cost of Sunday Ticket. Know one who works there seems to know that you have to pay extra for HD when you call for new service.

Beware NO Defense against Detroit......you have been warned!

P.S. Certainly not a Lion homer or even fan.

of the 4 you named, go with Miami.

Houston looks good too.

Beware NO Defense against Detroit......you have been warned!

P.S. Certainly not a Lion homer or even fan.

Yeah, with Bush out I don't even have the chance of punt returns. I sort of like one of the first posters picks, the Texans instead of Tennessee. Detroit has been playing a lot better as of late and Raiders offense is good for a few fumbles, sacks and/or INTs. Hopefully one or two of those can be returned for a TD.

True Dat. I am rolling with the Texans D, with McFadden being my only concern.....good luck.

im deciding between

dallas - playing on a high level, at home

giants - if the weather is that bad, i believe in my boys

miami - playing KC

texans - playing the raiders

Go with Dallas

I looked back at the defenses that played against Oakland over the past 8 weeks and six of those defenses scored double digits. All of the teams that scored in double digits were ranked lower then 18. I think Houston could be a good sleeper defense for the championship game with Miami coming in second.

GL this weekend!

I have Baltimore D which has been money for me this year and an automatic start every week...... however my back-up D is Miami and the news of -7 degrees with the wind chill and gusts up to 31 mph is very tempting.

What are thoughts on the Pats - Looks like a possibility of blizzard conditions, Boldin may be out, Warner is likely to play in snow for the first time ever, no real running threat if the snow conditions force stuff on the ground, and the cards don't really have anything to play for???

Am I crazy to be considering the Cleveland D? They are at home which as always a plus, and they are playing the crappy Bengals in harsh weather conditions. They did pretty well against Indy in similar conditions a few eeks ago...

What are thoughts on the Pats - Looks like a possibility of blizzard conditions, Boldin may be out, Warner is likely to play in snow for the first time ever, no real running threat if the snow conditions force stuff on the ground, and the cards don't really have anything to play for???

But they do have something to play for. As bad as they've played recently they need both of the final games to improve and hopefully gain some confidence and momentum heading into the playoffs. Plus they may play in similar conditions in the second round (if they make it) so this game should be important to them. The Giants last year had nothing to play for the last game of the season. But that game against NE helped them gain confidence and was a big reason why they won the Super Bowl.

I know this is not a sleeper defense, but do you guys think Da Bears D/ST will do well against GBay in the 0 degree temperatures with high winds?

I'm torn between Houston v. Oakland and Da Bears.

How about the Niners Def vs the Rams? Being a Rams fan myself...I know my team sucks.

This was originally the D I was going to target. Then SJax came back. They're better with him. They have several playmakers that can hurt a D.

I know this is not a sleeper defense, but do you guys think Da Bears D/ST will do well against GBay in the 0 degree temperatures with high winds?

I'm torn between Houston v. Oakland and Da Bears.

Actually, wind is supposed to be a non-factor (5-10 mph)....just cold. Bears D is 29th against the pass. Might wanna play da Texans.

I have Dallas vs Baltimore....or Pittsburg vs Tennessee....

Its hard to sit Pittsburg, and I wish I could feel safe in trusting Dallas :cheers: