Sign in to follow this  
Hitman49er

TOP 5 next year?

I hope your right....I have gotten the 6th spot many times somehow in my draft (we draw for position) and I would take mjd over westbrook or lt next year in a heartbeat.....i do play in a ppr league though

1. Peterson

2. Turner

3. Forte

4. Westbrook

5. L.T.

How would you rank next years top 5?

I can't see DeAngelo Williams not being top 5 at least next year. The guy has 1400+ total yards and 20 TDs through 15 games. I could see LT dropping out of the top 5, and maybe Westbrook too.

1. Peterson

2. Williams

3. Turner

4. Forte

5. Jones-Drew if Taylor isn't back with the Jags.

LT and Westy will be there for many, but personally I wouldn't touch them that high.

I can't see DeAngelo Williams not being top 5 at least next year. The guy has 1400+ total yards and 20 TDs through 15 games. I could see LT dropping out of the top 5, and maybe Westbrook too.

1. Peterson

2. Williams

3. Turner

4. Forte

5. Jones-Drew if Taylor isn't back with the Jags.

LT and Westy will be there for many, but personally I wouldn't touch them that high.

This is pretty close for me. I agree that I will not tough LT in the top 5. I doubt I end up with him next year, because for me I think he would have to drop to very late first, maybe second round for me. It doubt I would take Williams that high due to Stewart.

I still have man love for Barber and would take him above Jones-Drew, I play in a non PPR.

A couple steals I am looking at for next year: Lynch (I have man love here too and think he is due for a bounce back year), Gore could easily slip to second round and I think that O is moving in the right direction and Jackson, he has another good season left in him and they can't get any worse.

This is pretty close for me. I agree that I will not tough LT in the top 5. I doubt I end up with him next year, because for me I think he would have to drop to very late first, maybe second round for me. It doubt I would take Williams that high due to Stewart.

I still have man love for Barber and would take him above Jones-Drew, I play in a non PPR.

A couple steals I am looking at for next year: Lynch (I have man love here too and think he is due for a bounce back year), Gore could easily slip to second round and I think that O is moving in the right direction and Jackson, he has another good season left in him and they can't get any worse.

Barber is a god one, before he got hurt he was on par with any RB out there. I think next year will be littered with value at the end of the first round. Brady was a top 5-7 pick in most drafts this year and he'll be had well after that for sure after missing a season. I think the first round will be pretty flat next year as aside from D Williams (who you pointed out has Stewart to potentially steal more workload from him) at RB and Brees at QB, there were less definitive studs this year.

1. Peterson, big game potential no matter who they play.

2. Forte, is there anything this guy can't do?

3. Westbrook, can't deny his skills, even though he'll be a year older.

4. Turner, he should only get better.

5. Bush, when healthy he's a legit #1 fantasy back in that offense.

Marion Barber is right there with those five.

DeAngelo should be the clear cut #1 choice, but for whatever reason I can't even put him in my top five?!

LT is done.

I like the MJD projection without Taylor he'll be a great one to see if he can be a legit #1 in fantasy.

Portis should have another solid year.

I think Steve Slaton needs to be mentioned. I think next year is the year to go young. I will avoid LT, Westy, Barber, etc. if I can.

1. Peterson, big game potential no matter who they play.

2. Forte, is there anything this guy can't do?

3. Westbrook, can't deny his skills, even though he'll be a year older.

4. Turner, he should only get better.

5. Bush, when healthy he's a legit #1 fantasy back in that offense.

Marion Barber is right there with those five.

DeAngelo should be the clear cut #1 choice, but for whatever reason I can't even put him in my top five?!

LT is done.

I like the MJD projection without Taylor he'll be a great one to see if he can be a legit #1 in fantasy.

Portis should have another solid year.

"When healthy" is exactly why Bush is not a #1 RB. If you have ever owned him you would know what I mean.

I think Steve Slaton needs to be mentioned. I think next year is the year to go young. I will avoid LT, Westy, Barber, etc. if I can.

Good call. My only fear of Slaton is that they bring in some big back to take away goal line carries.

Bush a top 5 pick?

hahaha and I owned him as he was tearing up my .5ppr league for the first part of the season.

"When healthy" is exactly why Bush is not a #1 RB. If you have ever owned him you would know what I mean.

He'll get it together eventually. Remember when Isaac Bruce was a guy that everyone said "if he could stay healthy". Well, he did and put up crazy numbers. Same thing for Fred Taylor, took him a few years (okay forever) but eventually he stayed healthy and was pretty good.

Bush is still too young for me to worry about injury.

He'll get it together eventually. Remember when Isaac Bruce was a guy that everyone said "if he could stay healthy". Well, he did and put up crazy numbers. Same thing for Fred Taylor, took him a few years (okay forever) but eventually he stayed healthy and was pretty good.

You are delusional with all the Bush talk. He was putting up stats with a gimpy Deuce as his running mate in the backfield. It's OBVIOUS that P Thomas is the future in NO. He rivals Forte with his all-around skill set. Bush will be the complimentary back while P Thomas will be featured next year as he was down the stretch this year.

1. Peterson

2. Turner

3. Forte

4. Westbrook

5. MJD

if anybody takes LT or Bush in the top 5 they are damn fools.

I feel he is an injury risk and is not worthy of a top 10 pick. Taylor (after his injury) and Bruce were never 1st round picks. Be very careful who you pick #1 and #2.

You are delusional with all the Bush talk. He was putting up stats with a gimpy Deuce as his running mate in the backfield. It's OBVIOUS that P Thomas is the future in NO. He rivals Forte with his all-around skill set. Bush will be the complimentary back while P Thomas will be featured next year as he was down the stretch this year.

Why yes, I am delusional. It's nice to know that you for a fact what is going to happen next year. I'll get ahold of you later so you can walk me through my draft, then I won't have to worry about injuries or anything. Thanks in advance.

I feel he is an injury risk and is not worthy of a top 10 pick. Taylor (after his injury) and Bruce were never 1st round picks. Be very careful who you pick #1 and #2.

To be fair, rarely are wr's first round picks, but Bruce was undoubtedly one of the top three wr's taken during his prime.

Bush is on my "undraftable list". I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

I'm not in a PPR league (Thank God), but if I were, I suppose he has some value and the risk to reward might improve some.

I keep waiting for him to pull a hamstring when that dude goes at him with the stapler in the Fathead commercial.

1) Peterson

2) Turner

3) Forte

4) D. Williams

5) MJD

I think Barber drops because of the emergence of Choice and Felix Jones this year. We'll see a three headed attack in Dallas next year and that will devalue Barber in my opinion.

I could see the Eagles adding a compliment back to go along with Westy this offseason and the fact that he's a year older and seems to always get hurt will also hurt his value. Same thing with Portis and Jacobs so I don't see any of the big time NFC East running backs breaking into the top 5.

MJD is a Top 5 player now that Fred Taylor is all but gone. The question is do the Jaguars try and find a replacement for Taylor and go back to splitting carries or, if not, can MJD carry the load by himself all year?

And you know someone is bound to draft Brees in the top 5 in some leagues. :overhead:

1.) SJAX

2a.) D. Williams

2b.) Forte

2c.) Turner

5.)ADP

thats how I see it...

jdon

For the second year in a row in our league (ppr, yardage) QBs were like 7 of the top 10, last year I thought it was just one year aberration but now two years in a row and RBs are just not putting up the numbers they used to, I think for the following reasons:

- a lot of them are not on the field for 3'rd downs

- they're not as good pass catchers as they used to be

- too many RBs by committee

- for some reason, they're getting hurt more

Also more WRs than RBs in our top-25.

The thing though with QBs is that you can probably get a real good one in the third round and still go WR/RB in rds 1-2. This year for instance one team had both Brees and Cutler and another had Delhomme and Warner so you have to figure those guys will not be on the same team again and available in the mid rounds. (Brees probably goes before round 3).

1. Peterson

2. DeWill

3. Turner

4. Forte

5. Slaton

I think that anyone not putting Slaton in the top-5 is crazy. He gets the goal line carries and is a huge part of that offense.

1) Peterson

2) Turner

3) Forte

4) D. Williams

5) MJD

I think Barber drops because of the emergence of Choice and Felix Jones this year. We'll see a three headed attack in Dallas next year and that will devalue Barber in my opinion.

I could see the Eagles adding a compliment back to go along with Westy this offseason and the fact that he's a year older and seems to always get hurt will also hurt his value. Same thing with Portis and Jacobs so I don't see any of the big time NFC East running backs breaking into the top 5.

MJD is a Top 5 player now that Fred Taylor is all but gone. The question is do the Jaguars try and find a replacement for Taylor and go back to splitting carries or, if not, can MJD carry the load by himself all year?

And you know someone is bound to draft Brees in the top 5 in some leagues. :music_guitarred:

Excellent Post. Spot on. Although the Jags offensive line warrants watching closely in the offseason with regards to MJD.