Sign in to follow this  
GhostofMeanMachine99

**Eagles v Giants: and so it begins**

That's what I thought when I was watching live. It looked more like the hit made it end up there.

Oh well. Great Rocca punt there into teh wind.

I thought the same thing live, but on replay, he clearly threw it away...good call.

Note to Giants............Keep running the ball.

The Fat Man's got a brilliant game plan going. The Tin Man ain't bad either.

Can't see where Aikman and Buck are all over Carney. Any fantasy player on this board could've told them that Carney's max range was 40-45 yds. Coughlin's known that all year.

:dunno:

The Giants seemed to utterly lose confidence in their passing game, calling clock-chewing runs that played into Phillie's hands. Is it E Manning, who is entering the final year of his contract? More likely, they had no confidence in their depleted receiving corps. Trouble is, down that much, that late in the game, you gotta chuck it. I don't get it.

Great win. McNabb was ten times better than Eli today.

McNabb and Manning were nearly equally pathetic. But I am a surprised by the Eagles. They are like a 13 seed sneaking into March Madness, then watching their opponents shoot 25% from the field, and they continue to advance. It's been ugly, but they keep advancing. Very, very unlikely, but that's sports.

McNabb and Manning were nearly equally pathetic. But I am a surprised by the Eagles. They are like a 13 seed sneaking into March Madness, then watching their opponents shoot 25% from the field, and they continue to advance. It's been ugly, but they keep advancing. Very, very unlikely, but that's sports.

[/quoteBut the Mannings are like Duke. Always over hyped and favorites to win it all, yet every year they don't do squat in the tourney, yet the commentators never seem to remember that every new year. At least the Mannings will have time to train for their Oreo Eating contest.

But the Mannings are like Duke. Always over hyped and favorites to win it all, yet every year they don't do squat in the tourney, yet the commentators never seem to remember that every new year. At least the Mannings will have time to train for their Oreo Eating contest.

Yeah great call.........well other than the Mannings winning the last 2 "tourneys" of course. :doublethumbsup:

i may not like them, but i give Xs and Os credit. philly survived the turnovers and the run game of the giants. most importantly, this game was decided by red zone opportunities and TDs. the eagles got the 2TDs, the giants could not do so.

the other argument that go its door opened now, and will be discussed both ways, is the absence of burress. i think in the end, you need that stud wr to consistently beat the eagles blitz package, which forces the qb to throw at the man-on-man coverage on the perimeter. it is big to have a stud matching up with those corners [samuel, brown, sheppard] and safeties [dawkins, mikell] rather than pedestrian/good wrs.

i may not like them, but i give Xs and Os credit. philly survived the turnovers and the run game of the giants. most importantly, this game was decided by red zone opportunities and TDs. the eagles got the 2TDs, the giants could not do so.

the other argument that go its door opened now, and will be discussed both ways, is the absence of burress. i think in the end, you need that stud wr to consistently beat the eagles blitz package, which forces the qb to throw at the man-on-man coverage on the perimeter. it is big to have a stud matching up with those corners [samuel, brown, sheppard] and safeties [dawkins, mikell] rather than pedestrian/good wrs.

It was a typical Giants/Eagles game. The team that makes the most mistakes loses, and today it was the Giants.

The Eagles did not play a great game today, but let's be honest: the defense played lights out.

They've been playing with house money for a few weeks now, and that's perfectly okay. They definitely have a good shot at getting back to the SB, but it won't be easy.

As a fan, I'm very proud to have McNabb as our QB. He didn't play that well today, but in the second half he showed everyone why he is still a damn good QB in this league (especially with the way the Giants took Westbrook out of the game today).

Yeah great call.........well other than the Mannings winning the last 2 "tourneys" of course. :huh:

Not my point. I have yet to see a playoff game where a Manning plays remarkably. Both Mannings won their rings because of their defenses and rushing games stepping up tremendously in the post season. Both QBsh played very well during the year, but they were both irrelevant in the playoffs... Just like Duke.

Not my point. I have yet to see a playoff game where a Manning plays remarkably. Both Mannings won their rings because of their defenses and rushing games stepping up tremendously in the post season. Both QBsh played very well during the year, but they were both irrelevant in the playoffs... Just like Duke.

Were you locked up last year or did you miss the SB? :huh:

the Mannings are like Duke. Always over hyped and favorites to win it all, yet every year they don't do squat in the tourney, yet the commentators never seem to remember that every new year. At least the Mannings will have time to train for their Oreo Eating contest.

Are you serious? :huh:

:huh:

Guess you haven't watched all their games then. Name me the QB that has a ring which his RB and defense didn't help them get it by playing good in the playoffs? :huh:

Guess you haven't watched all their games then. Name me the QB that has a ring which his RB and defense didn't help them get it by playing good in the playoffs? :huh:

he forgot about mannings MVP last year too

this guy is just full of self-pwnage in this thread. he should shut up before he looks dumber and dumber

he forgot about mannings MVP last year too

this guy is just full of self-pwnage in this thread. he should shut up before he looks dumber and dumber

Like I care about looking dumb on an internet forum. I stand by my point... Some players step up in the playoffs... the Mannings do not. I would be curious to see their regular season rating vs their post season ratings...

It was a typical Giants/Eagles game. The team that makes the most mistakes loses, and today it was the Giants.

The Eagles did not play a great game today, but let's be honest: the defense played lights out.

They've been playing with house money for a few weeks now, and that's perfectly okay. They definitely have a good shot at getting back to the SB, but it won't be easy.

As a fan, I'm very proud to have McNabb as our QB. He didn't play that well today, but in the second half he showed everyone why he is still a damn good QB in this league (especially with the way the Giants took Westbrook out of the game today).

I thought the Fat Man had a great offensive game plan. Especially in the second half with the contest on the line. Those plays they ran to convert those key third downs (picked up 21 yds on 3rd & 20 once) were brilliant. I'm not much of a Philly fan (well, at least since the Doc played) but I wouldn't mind seeing Reid get himself a ring and some respect this year.

I thought the Fat Man had a great offensive game plan. Especially in the second half with the contest on the line. Those plays they ran to convert those key third downs (picked up 21 yds on 3rd & 20 once) were brilliant. I'm not much of a Philly fan (well, at least since the Doc played) but I wouldn't mind seeing Reid get himself a ring and some respect this year.

Agreed. I think he may have finally learned his lesson from the Washington loss.

Even though Westbrook was contained yesterday, he still committed to the run.

Reid made the adjustments at half, shortened up the passing game, and his receivers started to find gaps and seams in their defense.

It's the first time in a long time where he completely outcoached the opposition. :mad:

Agreed. I think he may have finally learned his lesson from the Washington loss.

Even though Westbrook was contained yesterday, he still committed to the run.

Reid made the adjustments at half, shortened up the passing game, and his receivers started to find gaps and seams in their defense.

It's the first time in a long time where he completely outcoached the opposition. :mad:

Agree 100% with this. Which is why to all the haters out there the Philly fans have been so frustrated with him. We've known all along that more balance was needed and if adhered to, we could beat anyone. He's just been too stubborn up to now and it was excruciatingly frustrating for us. Now, it's just plain FUN!