Sign in to follow this  
madd futher mucker

Congrats to Matt Waldman

Matt (wildman) Waldman is one of only 3 finalists for the Football Soprts Writers Association award for 2008 Best Football Article In Print. Finalists and winners will be announced in Tampa during the Super Bowl.

Kudos to you, Matt!

Good luck, Matt! You deserve it.

Thank you :lol:

It's just nice to be mentioned. There's a lot of good work out there...

Listen man, your 2006 Rookie Scouting portfolio was the reason I took D-Will in dynasty that year. Sure, it took time to come around, but the cash sure spent this year!

(also, agree 100% that Wildman >>>>>> Millen)

Keep up the great work!

A big congrats to one of the biggest reasons this is the best FF site on the web.

Waldman :pointstosky:

FFToday :pointstosky:

Thank you :doublethumbsup:

It's just nice to be mentioned. There's a lot of good work out there...

"nice to be mentioned"

We're not idiots, we know you want to win the award. You can't give the "correct answer" in here and get away with it. We want the truth. What you really want to say is: "There is alot of good work out there, but nobody is as good as me!" It's okay, you can say it. We're all family here at FFToday, so if you want to gloat, have at it, we got your back!

In any event, great job. Isn't it nice to get recognition for something you like to do!

Hmmm....More money? Bigger opportunity? What gives?

Will he still be doing some free lance stuff here? Or is this an all or nothing deal? I really like his insite. My favorite of the whole site, as far as dynasty advise goes. However, some of us can't do both boards.

If Matt is indeed moving on and won't be a contributor here anymore then is there someone coming in to take his place? Sort of a Matt Cassell if you will. :overhead:

Since I read both sites (as well as one other) and post on both, I might as well be honest. Here is my post (I was about the 37th poster re the Waldman thread over there) on footballguys.com regarding Matt which accurately reflects my feelings:

"Since fftoday was my main fantasy board since about 2002 (but I started posting there as madd futher mucker in 2005), I've known of Matt Waldman for years, both through his articles there and his posts. I think a couple of years ago both Matt and I came to the realization that the more serious fantasy players and contributors are HERE, at fantasyguys.com.

While I still do more posting at fftoday (maybe a habit or an ego thing), I definitely get more in depth analysis from this forum both from the staff and the other many excellent forum contributors, so thanks to all for showing me the better way!

But I can definitely say that Matt was THE MAN in my eyes for his contribution to the content at fftoday.

Here is one of my most recent posts over there:

Congrats to Matt Waldman, Fantasy Sports Writers Association award finalist! Matt (Wildman) Waldman is one of only 3 finalists for the Football Soprts Writers Association award for 2008 Best Football Article In Print. Finalists and winners will be announced in Tampa during the Super Bowl.

Kudos to you, Matt, and welcome to your new 'home'.

(For those who may not know, this is a different category of the same Writers Association award program that has recognized Jeff Pasquino [edit: One of the other writers at footballguys] as a nominee for Football Writer of the Year and Best Football Article on the Web.)

And my congrats to the footballguys team for adding another 'heavyweight' to the staff. In addition to having the best Podcast talent around in Lammey, Bloom, and Faletti, footballguys has further cemented its lock on the most talented writers as well."

Matts response to the announcement at footballguys was both classy and gracious: "Thanks everyone. Let me say the folks I worked with at FFToday have been a class act and I'll always be appreciative of the opportunity I had there and I cannot understate that fact.

At the same time, I'm really stoked about joining FBG. This is a great environment for football talk, fantasy strategy, and passion for the game.

The Rookie Scouting Portfolio will be sold separately on my own site, which I will be unveiling in the next 2-3 weeks, but it is something I write about at FBG. I will be providing samples and analysis of past and present issues here as well as be joining Cecil and Sigmund on the Audible on a more frequent basis to talk all things draft.

Past customers will like to know that I already have evaluated 130 prospects and I anticipate to hit the 140-150 mark by the April 1st publication date. That's up from the 115-120 from previous seasons. So yes, once again it will be a tome...

I've been a huge fan of Footballguys, the staff, and the members of these boards and again, I'm stoked about doing what I can to bring additional value to an already great site."

This site has lost alot of it's luster over the past few years. It's still a very fun site and I definitly enjoy it, but there are way too many idiots that constantly add nothing to the site and are allowed to post meaningless stuff time and time again. Just my opinion, but if the moderators would stiffen up what they let go through it would be more enjoyable.

It's a free site, so they can do as they please. As for me, I simply ignore the dumb stuff. "Dumb stuff" are the constant ripping on people with no insight being offered. Now is actually the best time to be in here. After the season mostly football fans stick around and you can get some good topics going. Disagreements are great if you have something to offer up in return. Recently I've posted some topics and had guys disagree, but they say why and it turns into an enjoyable thread.

As for Waldman, he seemed like a pretty good guy for the site and I wish him nothing but the best.

This site has lost alot of it's luster over the past few years. It's still a very fun site and I definitly enjoy it, but there are way too many idiots that constantly add nothing to the site and are allowed to post meaningless stuff time and time again. Just my opinion, but if the moderators would stiffen up what they let go through it would be more enjoyable.

It's a free site, so they can do as they please. As for me, I simply ignore the dumb stuff. "Dumb stuff" are the constant ripping on people with no insight being offered. Now is actually the best time to be in here. After the season mostly football fans stick around and you can get some good topics going. Disagreements are great if you have something to offer up in return. Recently I've posted some topics and had guys disagree, but they say why and it turns into an enjoyable thread.

As for Waldman, he seemed like a pretty good guy for the site and I wish him nothing but the best.

:) Reported <_<

This site has lost alot of it's luster over the past few years. It's still a very fun site and I definitly enjoy it, but there are way too many idiots that constantly add nothing to the site and are allowed to post meaningless stuff time and time again.

You mean like this?

Hey can I get a one, can I get a one....one, one, now give me two, two, two...TWO, how bout a three...three...THREE...four, four, four, five, six, six, six need six, six, SIX how bout a seven can I get a seven, seven, SEVIN, now give me eight....EIGHT, now can I get a nine, nine, nine....going once, going twice.........

Can't believe this thread is still going..............

So, I must keep it going.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...8577&st=305

I'm gonna bump this until August.