Sign in to follow this  
the_risen_demon

Public Service Announcement

parity - [par-i-tee] - equality, as in amount, status, or character.

parody - [par-uh-de] - a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing.

I hate to be a grammar nazi, and I know that FFToday has its quirky idiosyncrasies (bored, forearm, etc), and if I'm the only one who's annoyed by this oft-repeated mistake, I'll return to my quiet corner. But I've just heard the last 'parody in the NFL' remark that I can bear without saying something.

You say potatoe, I say potatoe.

For some reason that don't come out right when you type it?!

corps vs. core > parity vs. parody

:rolleyes:

lose vs. loose > corps vs. core>parity vs. parody

I prefer my green parity to have real chunks of parrot in it and with a splash of lemon juice.

I hate to be a grammar nazi, and I know that FFToday has its quirky idiosyncrasies (bored, forearm, etc), and if I'm the only one who's annoyed by this oft-repeated mistake, I'll return to my quiet corner. But I've just heard the last 'parody in the NFL' remark that I can bear without saying something.

i'm with you hear...if i misspell something, it's a typo and not a lack of nowligde on my part. the problem is that their isn't an eye-q test to become a poster. :pointstosky: i like parity in the nfl. i like parody by tina fey.

lose vs. loose > corps vs. core>parity vs. parody

i agree completely here. biggest grammar issue on the bored is lose vs loose. drives me almost as crazy as hearing someone who uses the word "irregardless" in conversation. :thumbsup:

I prefer my green parity to have real chunks of parrot in it and with a splash of lemon juice.

wouldn't that be "parroty" ??? as in my salad tastes "parroty" ??? :pointstosky:

parity - [par-i-tee] - equality, as in amount, status, or character.

parody - [par-uh-de] - a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing.

Did you understand what they meant? That is what is important.

I am happy you started a new thread and didn't single anyone out.

wouldn't that be "parroty" ??? as in my salad tastes "parroty" ??? :dunno:

Nope. Not Another Teen Movie was a parroty. Scary Movie was a parroty.

A parity is something you have with a scone.

Nope. Not Another Teen Movie was a parroty. Scary Movie was a parroty.

A parity is something you have with a scone.

:lol:

This is just to much too ask four of this bored. This forearm as gone on two long for anyone too care.

No matter how much it irks me too no end.

Noone cares.

That, oar they is just two ignorant too no any better.