Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

**Official Green Bay Offseason Thread**

You thin Hawk is a GREAT athlete? I would say he is below average for OLB. He is stiffer than all hell and you never see him make an athletic play. Do you watch him play?

A future LT would be a great pick. Clifton and Taucsh have alreay lost a step and are not getting any young. Can't rely on them much longer, as great as they have been for GB.

I don't like the idea of getting Lewis. Why over pay for an older player. Why not over pay for a younger stud? I doubt Lewis would come to GB anyway.

I think Hawk is a great athlete...he has the measurables...he was showing it early on in his career.

Did he play that way all last year? No, nobody has said that. Never see him make an athletic play? Seriously, we get it, you don't like him...but come on.

TT stated the other day it does not seem like they will be signing Tauscher until he recovers so he is risking someone else signing him.

I agree on a future LT...and there are 3-4 good ones at the top of this draft. Though, if he drafts one, people will whine about him drafting for the future and not for right now with that pick.

Agree on Lewis.

I think Hawk is a great athlete...he has the measurables...he was showing it early on in his career.

Did he play that way all last year? No, nobody has said that. Never see him make an athletic play? Seriously, we get it, you don't like him...but come on.

TT stated the other day it does not seem like they will be signing Tauscher until he recovers so he is risking someone else signing him.

I agree on a future LT...and there are 3-4 good ones at the top of this draft. Though, if he drafts one, people will whine about him drafting for the future and not for right now with that pick.

Agree on Lewis.

No you don't get it. I do not hate Hawk. The only jersey I own is a Hawk jersey. I seriously have seen him make very few athletic plays in 3 years. So come on what? Last year was his worst year, but he hasn't been that impressive in his short career. Easily not as athletic as advertised.

Watch him play. You would agree. I'm not just making it up, I am not hating on a player from my favorite team for no reason.

If all the players you think are good actually were, they would have a top 5 D. Al, Chuck, Tramon, Collins, Bigby, Hawk, Barnett, Kampman, Jolly, Pickett. You think all of these players are either good or very good. If so, why were they so crappy on D last year? Oh....injuries...

Someone is at fault for the Defensive play, Hawk in no way makes plays. He is an average player that wouldn't hurt the team if he was cut right now. Bishop comes in for seconds and starts making plays...In my opinion Hawk isn't that good at all. You can think otherwise.

Doubt many would whine. They were 6-10, all they have is future. They have a young QB, future is the right way to pick....now.....they aren't really close to anything at this point.

No you don't get it. I do not hate Hawk. The only jersey I own is a Hawk jersey. I seriously have seen him make very few athletic plays in 3 years. So come on what? Last year was his worst year, but he hasn't been that impressive in his short career. Easily not as athletic as advertised.

Watch him play. You would agree. I'm not just making it up, I am not hating on a player from my favorite team for no reason.

If all the players you think are good actually were, they would have a top 5 D. Al, Chuck, Tramon, Collins, Bigby, Hawk, Barnett, Kampman, Jolly, Pickett. You think all of these players are either good or very good. If so, why were they so crappy on D last year? Oh....injuries...

Someone is at fault for the Defensive play, Hawk in no way makes plays. He is an average player that wouldn't hurt the team if he was cut right now. Bishop comes in for seconds and starts making plays...In my opinion Hawk isn't that good at all. You can think otherwise.

Didn't say you hated him...said you don't like him.

I have seen him make several athletic plays over the year. He improved from year one to year two. Starting year three he was doing pretty well, and then was limited by injury (at least Im hoping that was the dropoff after the way he started vs. how the rest of the year went).

I have watched him play many times...and I don' tagree.

All the players I think are a bit better than you do. They were a top D 2 years ago with thsoe guys. Kind of the point. Why were they so good the year before...but so bad last year? Was it all Corey WIlliams (eventhough Jolly was the starter until he got hurt in 2007?)

WOuld not hurt the team if he was cut? Umm...ok. That is a questionable comment there.

Bishop made a few...missed quite a few as well. There is a reason he was not playing tha tmuch.

Doubt many would whine. They were 6-10, all they have is future. They have a young QB, future is the right way to pick....now.....they aren't really close to anything at this point.

People whine all the time no matter what TT does.

People whine all the time no matter what TT does.

Yea. But they had a point about TTs picks for the future before. Now they have no reason to whine about the future, they were 6-10.

Yea. But they had a point about TTs picks for the future before. Now they have no reason to whine about the future, they were 6-10.

Some...but not all of his picks.

Most drafts are for the future. Its how it works.

Even when you are 13-3...you have to draft for the future too.

It was Sherman's biggest issue. He played only for the present and hurt the future (as a GM).

Big contracts to older guys...not alot of youth or depth. Drafted for need more (which I don't like...causes some bad reaches early on).

I watched every Packers game last year and what I saw was fairly stout Def. Before you start laughing let me elaborate. the Pack's D kept the game close...Only until the 4th quarter when they flat out fell apart. I think the Def line was the most to blame here not our LB's. It seemed there was no steam and with the injuries we had on the def line it did make some sence.

It doesn't matter now, Hawk will be playing the Mike position and will be responsible for run stuffing, which is probably his best asset. Lets hope Barnett comes back healthy, there's no doubting him motivation!

Lets be honest, no one has any clue what TT is going to do @#9. What is nice is there are needs on our roster (mostly on Def) but they are no major holes. Def line, OLB, OT, and even CB will be the position taken I'm sure. Heck, TT might even do the ol trade down!! oh well, lets just hope he hits on the pick.

Saw this at the National Football Post

By Matt Bowen

Posted February 23, 2009 Email to a Friend Print This ShareThisCombine Chatter

Besides the workouts on the field in Indianapolis this weekend, there was plenty to talk about over a beer or a cup of coffee between the National Football Post and those in the game. Here are some things I saw and learned at the Combine.

Thompson Talks Kampmann

For all of those Packer fans worried about Aaron Kampmann, their Pro Bowl-caliber defensive end, moving to outside linebacker in Dom Capers’ new 3-4 scheme, you can relax a bit. At the media podium inside Lucas Oil Stadium, Green Bay GM Ted Thompson said Kampmann will only align at the linebacker position about 50 percent of the time and will have his hand on the ground at defensive end in most, if not all, of the Packers’ sub packages (nickel, dime). It makes sense, and it will allow the Packers to get the most out of Kampmann at both positions. He is too talented rushing the passer to drop him into coverage from the linebacker position on third downs.

Sounds like maybe all the freaking out about Kampmann was a waste of time. Capers would maybe run a hybrid 3-4 to fit around Kampmann's biggest strength....rushing the passer.

Saw this at the National Football Post

Sounds like maybe all the freaking out about Kampmann was a waste of time. Capers would maybe run a hybrid 3-4 to fit around Kampmann's biggest strength....rushing the passer.

McCarthy has been talking alot about the 3-4 and people overreacting thinking they are going to run it full time.

They will run alot of the nickel packages that won't be much different than last year.

Talking about how mcuh some teams even run the 3-4 and its sometimes 50% or less that you are actually in the base D.

Copying from another thread....

Hey Nuff,

Since you are here in a SEAHAWK thread. And I don't want to sidetrack the best thread on the planet.

But if I remember correctly you are a Packers fan. What are your thoughts on their running game. Particularly Kregg Lumpkin in general.

:doh: Disclaimer :mad:

Sorry for the non Seattle question Hawker. But while he's here. It's coming close to cutdown day for my dynasty team.

Lumpkin was a top recruit coming out of college. And I have a huuuuuuge soft spot for Georgia backs. (Not sure why though)?

I liked the energy he brought last year. Ran hard...always kept his legs moving. Had that agressive cut that we saw from Grant in 2007.

But still too limited info on him.

I think Grant will be given every chance to succeed with Jackson getting his chances too. Thus limiting Lumpkin at least for this year barring injury. He also has to come back from his own injury...and the staff still has a thing for DeShawn Wynn...pretty much saying if he works hard like he had been lately...he is still in their plans.

Copying from another thread....

I liked the energy he brought last year. Ran hard...always kept his legs moving. Had that agressive cut that we saw from Grant in 2007.

But still too limited info on him.

I think Grant will be given every chance to succeed with Jackson getting his chances too. Thus limiting Lumpkin at least for this year barring injury. He also has to come back from his own injury...and the staff still has a thing for DeShawn Wynn...pretty much saying if he works hard like he had been lately...he is still in their plans.

:doh:

I don't get the Wynn heart on myself. The guy didn't impress me at Florida, and outside of catching some screen passes, I'm not sure what I'm trying to look at when I see him.

Jackson I totally don't get. Although he did do better last year. He just seems lost when he's out there.

are there any seniors who spent the part of last season out with an injury? those are the guys im moving up on the packers board :unsure:

are there any seniors who spent the part of last season out with an injury? those are the guys im moving up on the packers board :music_guitarred:

Because of one pick?

Nice effort...wait a minute...not it wasn't.

Going to go to camp to whine about Favre again this year?

Because of one pick?

Bmoney is not a Packer fan and knows almost nothing about the Packers so you would be better off not responding to him. I have him on block.

Only a jerk would go into another team's off season thread and start fishing with mindless comments.

Because of one pick?

lighten up, francis....

will i whine? nah..that was last year, its over..i whined because the days of being on top were destined to be over with 1 idiotic move...i thought more would rally with me and try to prevent a 6-10 season with just as little hope for 09..you seemed thrilled by it...hey..you traded a 7th for a 3rd..nice!! not a bad trade off for a 7 win drop and falling off the radar of potential FAs..

but i wont whine..whats to whine about? this is the team TT wanted...

favre wanted moss..and TT said no...the other players on the team and league see that...TT is only willing to help the team through the draft...even though quick fixes are right there..along with ample cash...

*and save the woodson comment..that was ages ago..plus chillar is hot garbage*

plus if you were a player and gb was after you..for 1) for TT to actually offer you a deal...you know you received just as much somewhere else...

why would you go play somewhere where the fans turned their back on brett after 1 offseason?...cold climate, losing team, not close to their hometown, fickle fans, GM who isnt willing to make the team better.....

id be surprised if any top level guy signs..or level under..chris canty has gb 3rd on his list..but i doubt he gets past the giants or seattle...

Bmoney is not a Packer fan and knows almost nothing about the Packers so you would be better off not responding to him. I have him on block.

Only a jerk would go into another team's off season thread and start fishing with mindless comments.

i unblocked your message to see what you brought to the table..wow..insults...nice guy

hes sadly becoming your typical fan here :banana: if i say hey...this team is going to PLUNGE thanks to TT..its viewed as idiocy..im no fan..i know nothing...even though i drive by the focking place every day...all i hear is packer stuff..have 5 packers on my route and converse with them periodically..but purphur is the smart one here...

i bet he said 7 win season also last summer..right?.... :thumbsup:

sorry that the truth hurts.....and too bad tauscher can no longer block like ol phur can :)

id be surprised if any top level guy signs..or level under..chris canty has gb 3rd on his list..but i doubt he gets past the giants or seattle...

I agree with this. Maybe not to the level you do, but I think TT is a turn off to many big FAs. Not that TT wants to pay any big FAs anyway...

sorry that the truth hurts.....and too bad tauscher can no longer block like ol phur can :thumbsup:

I agree with this too, in the sense of Packers fans do not care about reality (most). They are loyal as hell to the team and that is great. But they do not want to blame anyone from the organization, especially if they are a big name or part of managment. Sure fans will throw the Robert Fergason's under the bus because it is obvious they suck, but won't knock anyone else.

You are what your record is. They are a 6-10 team under TT, at the stage when you can judge his moves and at a stage where he has had enough time to build "his" team.

lighten up, francis....

will i whine? nah..that was last year, its over..i whined because the days of being on top were destined to be over with 1 idiotic move...i thought more would rally with me and try to prevent a 6-10 season with just as little hope for 09..you seemed thrilled by it...hey..you traded a 7th for a 3rd..nice!! not a bad trade off for a 7 win drop and falling off the radar of potential FAs..

but i wont whine..whats to whine about? this is the team TT wanted...

favre wanted moss..and TT said no...the other players on the team and league see that...TT is only willing to help the team through the draft...even though quick fixes are right there..along with ample cash...

*and save the woodson comment..that was ages ago..plus chillar is hot garbage*

plus if you were a player and gb was after you..for 1) for TT to actually offer you a deal...you know you received just as much somewhere else...

why would you go play somewhere where the fans turned their back on brett after 1 offseason?...cold climate, losing team, not close to their hometown, fickle fans, GM who isnt willing to make the team better.....

That move you call idiotic, proved to be the right move. You are one of the few that still hold on calling it a bad move.

I seemed thrilled with the record? Thats pretty much an outright lie.

Favre is not a GM. Moss was on one of the best teams ever and could not beat the Giants either. Tell me how many rings Randy Moss has? Maybe that guy is not the key to winning it all.

Yup, the other players and teams see that the GM will not be held hostage by a player, no matter who it is. Tt is willing to help the team through whatever he sees fit. Or did he draft Charles Woodson and is he now trying to draft Canty?

Quick fixes like what? A bunch of overpriced stuff here and there.

Woodson was a few years ago...it refutes your bogus claim that TT only uses the draft.

Despite your opinions of what players might think...I have not heard one single player even come close to that ridiculous opinion.

Canty has them on his visits list. Not sure he gets past either of them either. Depends if he wants to play in a 4-3 or 3-4 I guess.

i unblocked your message to see what you brought to the table..wow..insults...nice guy

hes sadly becoming your typical fan here :D if i say hey...this team is going to PLUNGE thanks to TT..its viewed as idiocy..im no fan..i know nothing...even though i drive by the focking place every day...all i hear is packer stuff..have 5 packers on my route and converse with them periodically..but purphur is the smart one here...

i bet he said 7 win season also last summer..right?.... :headbanger:

sorry that the truth hurts.....and too bad tauscher can no longer block like ol phur can :P

Umm...you are no fan. You are a Seahawks fan. Not sure what about that you still try to deny.

The only idiocy is you thinking you know more than TT or better than him. And yes, you do know nothing about how to build a football team.

That move you call idiotic, proved to be the right move. You are one of the few that still hold on calling it a bad move.

I seemed thrilled with the record? Thats pretty much an outright lie.

Favre is not a GM. Moss was on one of the best teams ever and could not beat the Giants either. Tell me how many rings Randy Moss has? Maybe that guy is not the key to winning it all.

Yup, the other players and teams see that the GM will not be held hostage by a player, no matter who it is. Tt is willing to help the team through whatever he sees fit. Or did he draft Charles Woodson and is he now trying to draft Canty?

Quick fixes like what? A bunch of overpriced stuff here and there.

Woodson was a few years ago...it refutes your bogus claim that TT only uses the draft.

Despite your opinions of what players might think...I have not heard one single player even come close to that ridiculous opinion.

Canty has them on his visits list. Not sure he gets past either of them either. Depends if he wants to play in a 4-3 or 3-4 I guess.

what? whoa...you actually made a FOOTBALL comment to me? are you kidding? good mood today? yeah..i ignored the rest...if you wish to see the favre move as the correct move, thats fine..i wont call you names like you do me, thats weak and the sign of someone whos been owned......but you know darn well they better win next year...if this team goes 6-10 again, only the delusional would call the favre move a smart one....

moss on the pats is not the same as moss on the packers....are you saying tony gonzales wasnt worth a 2nd also?...will TT draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd that helps the team and your qb as much as tony wouldve?...

yeah..im not a fan despite living here..and its ok that youre a titan fan..ok... :blink:

ive heard 2 players personally tell me that some were miffed....some being who knows?....1 active and 1 not currently playing....and its true..there may be players in that lockerroom who LOVE TT...i wouldnt doubt it...

you cant live on the woodson pickup forever...hes going to retire by the time he makes another FA splash...so i say its sickening that teams like KC can swap a 2nd and grab a better guy and HUGE lockerroom guy and gb cant?....tt hasnt done anything creative....

sure..id sit back and be content with his building throgh his draft...if his drafting wasnt meh..the way hes gone, hes best to trade down...3rd rd and lower hes been solid..his top picks have been pretty blah...

if i know nothing about starting a team despite saying it all begins with the o-line..then you dont either..(go on about the great VY again if you want).. :banana:

what? whoa...you actually made a FOOTBALL comment to me? are you kidding? good mood today? yeah..i ignored the rest...if you wish to see the favre move as the correct move, thats fine..i wont call you names like you do me, thats weak and the sign of someone whos been owned......but you know darn well they better win next year...if this team goes 6-10 again, only the delusional would call the favre move a smart one....

moss on the pats is not the same as moss on the packers....are you saying tony gonzales wasnt worth a 2nd also?...will TT draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd that helps the team and your qb as much as tony wouldve?...

yeah..im not a fan despite living here..and its ok that youre a titan fan..ok... :)

ive heard 2 players personally tell me that some were miffed....some being who knows?....1 active and 1 not currently playing....and its true..there may be players in that lockerroom who LOVE TT...i wouldnt doubt it...

you cant live on the woodson pickup forever...hes going to retire by the time he makes another FA splash...so i say its sickening that teams like KC can swap a 2nd and grab a better guy and HUGE lockerroom guy and gb cant?....tt hasnt done anything creative....

sure..id sit back and be content with his building throgh his draft...if his drafting wasnt meh..the way hes gone, hes best to trade down...3rd rd and lower hes been solid..his top picks have been pretty blah...

if i know nothing about starting a team despite saying it all begins with the o-line..then you dont either..(go on about the great VY again if you want).. :dunno:

You mean you actually want to talk football? And not just your usual line of talking about you knowing more than everyone else about the Packers and whining about Ted Thompson?

I, like just about everyone, see that Favre move as a good football move...or did you miss the season and how Favre actually performed.

I call you the names you have earned...and no, nothing you have ever done has "owned" me. Usually, the person throwing around the owned, does so because they don't have a leg to stand on in an argument.

Thats right...Moss on the Packers would have done what? Its not like they are hurting for WRs in GB are they. They had a better offense, better QB...and Moss still was not enough. They got one game further than GB in 2007 and were in the same place at the end of 2008 (at home for the playoffs).

Im saying the Chiefs and TT dicked each other around.

Im not a Titan fan because I live here. You are a not a fan because you cheer for the freaking seahawks...they are your team. Or do you forget that? I like the Titans...but when the Packers were here, I was wearing Green and Gold. Living here does not mean I know more than any other Titan fan that might not live here, nor does it make me a big fan of them.

Im glad a few people were miffed...great. When did I say the players love TT anyway? Whats the point of arguing that?

Not living on the Woodson pickup...but it completely disproves your lie of saying TT just tries the draft and nothing else. Its simply not true. He follows his plan, that much is true...its a similar one that the Colts use too. Notice some of the better teams over the years are not the ones out spending on FA right now?

GO on about the great VY? I don't recall ever going on or calling him the great VY. I disagreed with wiff and think he is better and more talented than Trent Dilfer. Wow...pure greatness there.

Yes, the Oline is important. What does that have to do with you whining about Favre and Moss and Tony G. Last time I checked, none of those guys play on the Oline and you rarely whine about the Oline and TT.

Hey Packer fans. It appears DT Colin Cole will be meeting with the Seahawks. I know nothing about this guy. I provided a link on some Cole analysis. Do you all have the same impression? TIA.

Colin Cole?

You mean you actually want to talk football? And not just your usual line of talking about you knowing more than everyone else about the Packers and whining about Ted Thompson?

I, like just about everyone, see that Favre move as a good football move...or did you miss the season and how Favre actually performed.

I call you the names you have earned...and no, nothing you have ever done has "owned" me. Usually, the person throwing around the owned, does so because they don't have a leg to stand on in an argument.

Thats right...Moss on the Packers would have done what? Its not like they are hurting for WRs in GB are they. They had a better offense, better QB...and Moss still was not enough. They got one game further than GB in 2007 and were in the same place at the end of 2008 (at home for the playoffs).

Im saying the Chiefs and TT dicked each other around.

Im not a Titan fan because I live here. You are a not a fan because you cheer for the freaking seahawks...they are your team. Or do you forget that? I like the Titans...but when the Packers were here, I was wearing Green and Gold. Living here does not mean I know more than any other Titan fan that might not live here, nor does it make me a big fan of them.

Im glad a few people were miffed...great. When did I say the players love TT anyway? Whats the point of arguing that?

Not living on the Woodson pickup...but it completely disproves your lie of saying TT just tries the draft and nothing else. Its simply not true. He follows his plan, that much is true...its a similar one that the Colts use too. Notice some of the better teams over the years are not the ones out spending on FA right now?

GO on about the great VY? I don't recall ever going on or calling him the great VY. I disagreed with wiff and think he is better and more talented than Trent Dilfer. Wow...pure greatness there.

Yes, the Oline is important. What does that have to do with you whining about Favre and Moss and Tony G. Last time I checked, none of those guys play on the Oline and you rarely whine about the Oline and TT.

favre and the jets were 8-4 before he got hurt...at what point were the packers ever 8-4?.....you shouldnt open that topic back up...If the packers start off next season 8-4, Ill be the first one here to say i was wrong....are you still going to think it was a great move if they go 6-10 again?

ive always talked football...you keep getting all personal....moss, TG, Favre are different topics..ironically, 3 who wouldve made the team better in 08..

ill talk to others....you honestly cant handle different opinions...and it says a lot in nashville but dont know much about the titans..my gal knows more about them. :music_guitarred: just talk football...ignore who its from if i bother you so much :(

sooo..what does everyone else think?.... :wacko: everyone has waited for the packers to make a big splash and it hasnt happened..anyone else getting frustrated?

Hey Packer fans. It appears DT Colin Cole will be meeting with the Seahawks. I know nothing about this guy. I provided a link on some Cole analysis. Do you all have the same impression? TIA.

Colin Cole?

Had his best year this year. He has the size and frame to just be a beast...but has yet to show it. Inconsistent.

I thought it odd though they thought it was a big deal to possibly try to keep him. He does not seem to fit the mold of the NT or DE in a 3-4...almost a tweener. Not a great rusher, but can do decent against the run. The kind of guy you don't want to overpay.

Ill just say most fans won't care too much that he is gone.

Hoping you all get him and let us have Canty (if the Giants don't get him first).

favre and the jets were 8-4 before he got hurt...at what point were the packers ever 8-4?.....you shouldnt open that topic back up...If the packers start off next season 8-4, Ill be the first one here to say i was wrong....are you still going to think it was a great move if they go 6-10 again?

ive always talked football...you keep getting all personal....moss, TG, Favre are different topics..ironically, 3 who wouldve made the team better in 08..

ill talk to others....you honestly cant handle different opinions...and it says a lot in nashville but dont know much about the titans..my gal knows more about them. :music_guitarred: just talk football...ignore who its from if i bother you so much :(

sooo..what does everyone else think?.... :wacko: everyone has waited for the packers to make a big splash and it hasnt happened..anyone else getting frustrated?

Yup...it must all be the injury right. Never his decision making. How about the Packers could have been better without injuries too? If you can use it, why can't I?

Why shouldn't I open the topic back up. Favre played poorly at times (with an easy ass schedule against the AFC and NFC West)...they could not beat the Raiders or the Seahawks.

I will bring up that topic, because this Packer's team's problems were not at the QB position.

Youve always talked crap mostly. I get personal because you have proven you do not deserve to be treated civilly with your own words on this board.

Favre would not have made this team any better...TG was missed, they tried and did not get him. Moss was 2 years ago...tell me again where his team was in the playoffs. How many rings does Randy Moss have? Ever think he is not just as important as you think. Better yet, how many super stud #1 WRs have rings? Owens? Moss? Nope. None. Perhaps people have figured out it does not take some stud like that at WR to win. And Moss would not have helped Harris cover Burress last year. He did not help NE cover him either.

I can handle different opinions just fine. Listen and I don't agree, but we get along civilly enough because neither of us is pretending to be a fan while being fans of a different team like you. I know quite a bit about the Titans. But would never claim to just know more than Titans fans simply because I live here.

A big splash with who this year? Who? Bart Scott? They are going after one of the top guys. Where they need help the most there have not exactly been huge signings.

Yup...it must all be the injury right. Never his decision making. How about the Packers could have been better without injuries too? If you can use it, why can't I?

Why shouldn't I open the topic back up. Favre played poorly at times (with an easy ass schedule against the AFC and NFC West)...they could not beat the Raiders or the Seahawks.

I will bring up that topic, because this Packer's team's problems were not at the QB position.

Youve always talked crap mostly. I get personal because you have proven you do not deserve to be treated civilly with your own words on this board.

Favre would not have made this team any better...TG was missed, they tried and did not get him. Moss was 2 years ago...tell me again where his team was in the playoffs. How many rings does Randy Moss have? Ever think he is not just as important as you think. Better yet, how many super stud #1 WRs have rings? Owens? Moss? Nope. None. Perhaps people have figured out it does not take some stud like that at WR to win. And Moss would not have helped Harris cover Burress last year. He did not help NE cover him either.

I can handle different opinions just fine. Listen and I don't agree, but we get along civilly enough because neither of us is pretending to be a fan while being fans of a different team like you. I know quite a bit about the Titans. But would never claim to just know more than Titans fans simply because I live here.

A big splash with who this year? Who? Bart Scott? They are going after one of the top guys. Where they need help the most there have not exactly been huge signings.

if you lived here..youd know that TT checking the medical reports is the joke running around here..sorry that when I said it, it made you so testy..you brought up favre again, i didnt..i said id let it die when i did and have..all i do is point to the standings quietly,i dont say i was right.....6-10 is an improvement over 13-3??..i dont even ask anymore..and btw..moss wouldnt have been brought in as a DB..he wouldnt have had to cover burress..to say the packers wouldnt have scored more with moss is silly....

moving on.....the rest of what you wrote is pent up anger at me for some odd reason..i get along with everyone in person..i would with u also...so i am on the favre side..so what?...if it proves to be the right move, ill man up and admit it...but if the team goes 6-10 again, u CANT come on here and say it was smart...

soo...

a big splash? how about ANYONE????

cole is pretty expendable if they wish to move into the 3-4...

id love to see jim leonard here but have heard nothing on that front...(no..hes not a big splash..just a sure handed guy who goes all out)...

what will it take for gb to look tempting to anyone again?...no favre..the circus of last summer..unproven qb...6-10...hard to believe that when they were all at the pro bowl, they couldnt recruit...

i dont see the need to check the ticker waiting for packers news..maybe TT will surprise us... :doublethumbsup:

if you lived here..youd know that TT checking the medical reports is the joke running around here..sorry that when I said it, it made you so testy..you brought up favre again, i didnt..i said id let it die when i did and have..all i do is point to the standings quietly,i dont say i was right.....6-10 is an improvement over 13-3??..i dont even ask anymore..and btw..moss wouldnt have been brought in as a DB..he wouldnt have had to cover burress..to say the packers wouldnt have scored more with moss is silly....

moving on.....the rest of what you wrote is pent up anger at me for some odd reason..i get along with everyone in person..i would with u also...so i am on the favre side..so what?...if it proves to be the right move, ill man up and admit it...but if the team goes 6-10 again, u CANT come on here and say it was smart...

soo...

a big splash? how about ANYONE????

cole is pretty expendable if they wish to move into the 3-4...

id love to see jim leonard here but have heard nothing on that front...(no..hes not a big splash..just a sure handed guy who goes all out)...

what will it take for gb to look tempting to anyone again?...no favre..the circus of last summer..unproven qb...6-10...hard to believe that when they were all at the pro bowl, they couldnt recruit...

i dont see the need to check the ticker waiting for packers news..maybe TT will surprise us... :headbanger:

You have not made me testy...its just enjoyable to continue to pound you into the ground since you are not, in fact, a Packer fan...just because you live there does not make you a fan. Especially when you are a Seahawks fan. I don't give a rat's ass about TT checking any medical reports.

As for Favre...just wondering if you are going to go protest again...since you loved to talk about that so much last year. Who ever said 6-10 was an improvement over 13-3..a.gain, why make stuff up to argue?

How many points did NE score with Moss? And that wasn't in the freaking ridiculous weather.

Pent up anger for you? You think to highly of yourself. After I post, I don't think anything about you. Don't really give a damn. But I will continue to hammer down your lies and BS arguments.

It already proved to be the right move. The team traded a retired player and a 7th round pick for a 3rd rounder and found out Rodgers could play pretty well. Meanwhile, Favre played well at times, quite poor at times, missed the playoffs with his new team, had some issues with guys in the locker room in the offseason, the coach ended up fired and he is now retired again. Not sure what else you need to prove it to you, but obviously more than 90% of the people out there.

There is not much of a big splash out there. What are their needs? Help on the O and Dline. Who that would have had any sort of impact has been signed so far? Not many they would be looking at. Maybe Scott or Boley. Thats about it. They are going after one of the better 3-4 DEs. Im quite sure they won't be just done there given how TT has talked about it this offseason.

Leonhard would be nice...but safety is not a huge need.

As for what would make it enticing again? Since when are they not?

Young team, QB who has proven more than you will ever give him credit for, the history of the place, and despite some of the opinions of people, a GM who will take care of his guys and pay them quite well (ask Driver, Kampman, Barnett, Harris...)

Leonhard would be nice...but safety is not a huge need.

Young team, QB who has proven more than you will ever give him credit for, the history of the place, and despite some of the opinions of people, a GM who will take care of his guys and pay them quite well (ask Driver, Kampman, Barnett, Harris...)

ok, 6-10....youve convinced yourself that TG is better than finley..Moss, better than jones...favre finally getting hurt is the only reason packer fans could climb back into the argument and say, see? ha!!..i guess..but let me know when aaron can win more than 2 games per month...

if youre such a fan..talk about the team and quit bringing up favre...

i love people who are pompous enough to declare how big of fans other people are...thats rich...

and whats to protest? TT got done what he wanted...and it cost this city a ton of money..tickets on game day were easily available..no rise in ticket prices.. he couldve had favre for 1 year and rodgers as a backup...with favre hurt, rodgers couldve stepped in during december and 09...instead, they sunk to new lows..well played..

i dont see FAs lining up to come play here...why is that?...you may be in love with rodgers, but are you sure other players are?....

safety isnt a huge need..but depth can always be used...al harris may think they have the best secondary in football...i respectfully disagree...so does drew brees and everyone else that lit them up...(1 of the top excuses for rodgers play)....bring him in and launch jarret bush to the streets..and when blackmon gets hurt, you have someone to return kicks...

if the broncos are shopping cutler...i would swap qb for qb..if you can upgrade at a position..why not?..maybe TT can swap draft picks and move up there as well :music_guitarred:

:music_guitarred: There it is again.

:music_guitarred: There it is again.

Is there a problem with saying that? its the truth. They are young in several areas. They are seen as a team that can improve with that by many.

its better than a vet wanting to come to an old team that will be cutting a bunch of apeople over the next year or two.

ok, 6-10....youve convinced yourself that TG is better than finley..Moss, better than jones...favre finally getting hurt is the only reason packer fans could climb back into the argument and say, see? ha!!..i guess..but let me know when aaron can win more than 2 games per month...

if youre such a fan..talk about the team and quit bringing up favre...

I brought up only your whining about Favre last year. It was hilarious how much you did.

TG is better than Finley...never did I say he was not. Moss is better than Jones. Neither play defense though.

Favre had some piss poor games before he was hurt too. And hurt or not, his decision making was downright dreadful.

i love people who are pompous enough to declare how big of fans other people are...thats rich...

You declare it yourself. You are a seahawks fan. You admit that...you are. Its not a bad thing...great, just be a fan of that team and quit trying to now act like a Packers fan.

and whats to protest? TT got done what he wanted...and it cost this city a ton of money..tickets on game day were easily available..no rise in ticket prices.. he couldve had favre for 1 year and rodgers as a backup...with favre hurt, rodgers couldve stepped in during december and 09...instead, they sunk to new lows..well played..

Still whining about what money it cost. Yup, he could have had Favre one more year...and still not know what Rodgers could do, have lost one of the QBs they drafted last year and any possible value there. Lost practice time for Rodgers...and still not made the playoffs.

i dont see FAs lining up to come play here...why is that?...you may be in love with rodgers, but are you sure other players are?....

Because TT does not get too excited the first few days of free agency. Others came there...others probably will as well.

Im sure plenty of them like Rodgers and what he did this year. Or did you not read or hear any of their quotes after the season?

safety isnt a huge need..but depth can always be used...al harris may think they have the best secondary in football...i respectfully disagree...so does drew brees and everyone else that lit them up...(1 of the top excuses for rodgers play)....bring him in and launch jarret bush to the streets..and when blackmon gets hurt, you have someone to return kicks...

So you would sign a guy just to have depth? They have 2 guys as depth right now in Bigby and Rouse. Leonhard may not be that much of an improvement there. I don't see it even close to what they should be doing. And I like Leonhard enough...but if he was not from UW, I don't think many Packer fans would even know who he is.

if the broncos are shopping cutler...i would swap qb for qb..if you can upgrade at a position..why not?..maybe TT can swap draft picks and move up there as well :music_guitarred:

I would not swap Rodgers for Cutler right now. Neither have proven they can consistently win yet. Why not stick with what you have.

Is there a problem with saying that? its the truth. They are young in several areas. They are seen as a team that can improve with that by many.

its better than a vet wanting to come to an old team that will be cutting a bunch of apeople over the next year or two.

There isn't a problem saying it because it is true. But it just doesn't mean much at this point.

There isn't a problem saying it because it is true. But it just doesn't mean much at this point.

Neither does a claim by a Seahawks fan that a player just does not want to come to GB.

Neither does a claim by a Seahawks fan that a player just does not want to come to GB.

This FA talk is pointless because TT won't try to sign anyone anyway. So it doesn't matter if they want to come to GB or not.

We will get a Chiller and Frank Walker and continue to build through the draft by adding slot WRs and 3rd string QBs.