Sign in to follow this  
ToadSprocket

Redskins release Jason Taylor

Orakpo will be much cheaper. Much younger. Stay much longer. And play DE and OLB better. Did I mention cheaper?

And both will be in Green Bay. :lol:

Wow, I guess the Jason Taylor experiment in Washington is a complete phail huh?

Wow, I guess the Jason Taylor experiment in Washington is a complete phail huh?

Just wait for Haynesworth to blow his ACL before Labor day next year. :lol:

Just wait for Haynesworth to blow his ACL before Labor day next year. :lol:

I love Dan Sneider (sp?). :dunno:

Redskins math...

2nd round pick + 6th round pick + $8.5MM = 1 year and 3 sacks...

Sounds about right. He is no T.J. Duckett, but he did very well.

And both will be in Green Bay. :banana:

Then what to do with Kampman? DE?

I don't mind the thought of Taylor...and I love Orakpo (prefer Raji right now).

But with Kampman still around...trade him? Cause that is 3 guys slotted for one spot.

Jason Taylor was a great player, I remember when he caught 5 TD's in a Super Bowl. Awesome, just awesome!

Just kidding, just kidding

Rice caught 5 TD's.

No question, HORRIBLE TRADE but at least they're not afraid to cut their losses on this one. The only way he'd have been worth keeping was getting him to take a pay cut IMO.

I see Taylor becoming a Patriot, he'll sit out the spring Training camps etc. Then sign in July.

I would not be surprised if he ends up on a team like Green Bay. They have the cap space so his number won't cause any changes with the rest of the squad, they are in need of players that can run the 3-4, and they need some veteran leadership on that extremely young squad.

it would be a good fit.

I would not be surprised if he ends up on a team like Green Bay. They have the cap space so his number won't cause any changes with the rest of the squad, they are in need of players that can run the 3-4, and they need some veteran leadership on that extremely young squad.

it would be a good fit.

Like I said...if they move Kampman to DE.

But both play that OLB spot.

I see GB moving more after a guy like Vonnie Holliday to play DE for them.

Id love Taylor if they think Kampman would be ok at DE. I just don't see them having both of those guys for one position.

Like I said...if they move Kampman to DE.

But both play that OLB spot.

I see GB moving more after a guy like Vonnie Holliday to play DE for them.

Id love Taylor if they think Kampman would be ok at DE. I just don't see them having both of those guys for one position.

That is assuming they play the 3-4 every down, which they won't. If you have 2 players like Kampman and Taylor at the same position, you can find a way to use them both. Besides, Taylor - at his age - may be more effective if he is not used every down and regardless of how much he plays, he will be a good leader for the young'uns.

One thing that everyone seems to be missing here is they didn't "cut their losses". They were more than happy to pay him $8+M this year. They only asked one little thing from Taylor: "Hey, would you mind attending at least 3/4 of the offseason program - ya know, like everyone ELSE does?

...And Taylor said no. No, I don't want $8M. No, it's just too hard to come in, fock around in the weight room for a few hours 3-4 days a week. No, I'll show up at game time, but OTA's? Offseason workouts? Nah, that's just too strenuous.

Man, that's one guy I would NOT want on my team. :thumbsdown:

Taylor was asked by the Redskins to take part in 75 percent of their offseason workouts, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton. That would have required him to be at the Redskins' facility during eight of the 13 weeks of the offseason program, three days a week.

This jagoff took FOUR MONTHS away from his family to go on DWS, but yeah, NOW it's about the family. Bullshiit. 3 days a focking week? You could fly in and out each week. What a fockstick.

One thing that everyone seems to be missing here is they didn't "cut their losses". They were more than happy to pay him $8+M this year. They only asked one little thing from Taylor: "Hey, would you mind attending at least 3/4 of the offseason program - ya know, like everyone ELSE does?

...And Taylor said no. No, I don't want $8M. No, it's just too hard to come in, fock around in the weight room for a few hours 3-4 days a week. No, I'll show up at game time, but OTA's? Offseason workouts? Nah, that's just too strenuous.

Man, that's one guy I would NOT want on my team. :thumbsup:

This jagoff took FOUR MONTHS away from his family to go on DWS, but yeah, NOW it's about the family. Bullshiit. 3 days a focking week? You could fly in and out each week. What a fockstick.

That is not the point. The original deal for Taylor did not include that clause and had him making $8.5MM. The Redskins were jerking around with the original agreement because they knew he would leave and they couldn't afford him. So, Taylor left. Put in his position, I would have done the same damn thing.

That is not the point. The original deal for Taylor did not include that clause and had him making $8.5MM. The Redskins were jerking around with the original agreement because they knew he would leave and they couldn't afford him. So, Taylor left. Put in his position, I would have done the same damn thing.

Yeah, god forBID this prima donna have to (barely) work 3 days a week for 2 months. Sends a great message to the rest of the slugs who AREN'T getting paid $8M and who DO show up for OTA's voluntarily. - Not to mention the focking hypocrisy - "I want to be with my family" :thumbsup: Really jerkoff? Like when you left them for FOUR MONTHS to do DWS? Fock you you lying jagoff. Good focking riddance.

That is assuming they play the 3-4 every down, which they won't. If you have 2 players like Kampman and Taylor at the same position, you can find a way to use them both. Besides, Taylor - at his age - may be more effective if he is not used every down and regardless of how much he plays, he will be a good leader for the young'uns.

They won't play the 3-4 every down.

But are you really for paying Kampman what he makes and Taylor what he makes to have a rotation when they are in their base?

Im not for paying Taylor his probably asking price to make him a situational guy.