Sign in to follow this  
xenophobe

Cutler is officially done in Denver

As someone that lives in the DC area... I can definitely see this happening. The Skins are just that dumb to sell their future for a jersey seller.

What is the record for the fewest draft picks in one year?

One. Saints 1999. Ricky Williams.

One. Saints 1999. Ricky Williams.

The off season isn't over yet.... They still have time. I am positive they would rather not give Vinny draft picks to screw up.

Of course the Skins want Cutler. I'm sure that will work out as well as all the other veteran player moves they've made during the Snyder era.

grow your own focking talent...building with big names doesn't work.

As someone that lives in the DC area... I can definitely see this happening. The Skins are just that dumb to sell their future for a jersey seller.

What is the record for the fewest draft picks in one year?

Didn't George Allen trade all of the Redskins' draft picks his first year coming to Washington for a bunch of Rams?? Maybe it was like seven picks, but I don't remember how many rounds there were then.

Didn't George Allen trade all of the Redskins' draft picks his first year coming to Washington for a bunch of Rams?? Maybe it was like seven picks, but I don't remember how many rounds there were then.

not sure if it was just one time...i seem to remember him having a "win now and trade draft picks" reputation. i was a kid during his hey-day...but i remember the rhetoric at the time being about his love for veteran players over young players and draft picks.

not sure if it was just one time...i seem to remember him having a "win now and trade draft picks" reputation. i was a kid during his hey-day...but i remember the rhetoric at the time being about his love for veteran players over young players and draft picks.

You know... pre-cap, that stratagy would work because as long as your owner has the money, paying retail is not a big deal. Nowadays, it is a stupid strategy... period.

Bus Cook again showing his true colors?

on Sportscenter during Mike and Mike there was a line from Cook saying that the perception that Denver has been fielding a lot of calls for Cutler for the last week or so are wrong.

Seriously...thanks Bus for completely undermining any effort the team might be making to appease your client.

Edit...I got this wrong...Cutler/Cook are basically saying the Broncos have been lying about trying to call Jay so many times I believe...though...

but...

Good Faith Effort?

Vic, I'm a big Cutler guy...please tell me the Broncos explored all options and gave it a good faith effort to mend the fences here. To me Jay is a once in a decade type player with boundless potential. I just can't believe our team is better off without him. Thanks! Brian

Brian: I know they tried. By God, did they try. Even last night, soon after the statement was released, I know for a fact Josh McDaniels hit the phones trying to reach Cutler. He got nothing but voicemail. Outside of sending a pajama-gram, I really don't know what McDaniels could have done. Jay wanted out. Vic

http://cbs4denver.com/askvic

and

In a statement released last night by the Broncos, team owner Pat Bowlen said that “numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by head coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful.”

Cutler’s camp says that’s just not so.

Sources close to Culter told NFL.com senior columnist Thomas George today that the quarterback contends he has not received any such calls from the Broncos.

Sources close to Bowlen responded to George in five words: “We have the phone records.”

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/01/broncos-so...-phone-records/