Sign in to follow this  
kmbryant09

Dynasty Leagues

Anyone know where I can join/start a dynasty league? Any leagues out there starting up or needing an owner??

If there's no dynasty leagues, wheres a good place to go to for Keeper Leagues?

if you find some tell me...

maybe we can be the genesis of a league?

jdon

if you find some tell me...

maybe we can be the genesis of a league?

jdon

Works for me...As much of a fantasy football guru as I am, I don't have the slightest idea of how or where to set one up...

Check

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showforum=50

and

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showforum=10

These are the forums that you guys are looking for, there are quite a few new dynasty leagues formed every year, you should have no trouble finding one.

These are great sites to join a dynasty league.

Some words of advice for joining an existing league:

1. Make sure you read, understand and agree with all the rules.

2. Get a feel for how well the league has been been run.

3. If you like to trade, find out how many trades the league had last year.

4. Be picky if you are playing for money. Don't take a team that is too much of a project to turn into a contender, unless you get some concessions from the league.

5. If you are not 100% sure of the league, there is always another league that will be looking to fill.

I wouldn't recommend getting into a Dynasty League with complete strangers.... I'm sure it may work sometimes, but from everything I've learned and seen they usually turn out bad in the long run....

Best way to go is get a core of close friends and start one up....

Just my $ .02 good luck though

I wouldn't recommend getting into a Dynasty League with complete strangers.... I'm sure it may work sometimes, but from everything I've learned and seen they usually turn out bad in the long run....

Best way to go is get a core of close friends and start one up....

Just my $ .02 good luck though

To play devil's advocate.

I have joined a few leagues with online strangers, and they all have worked out well.

I've found that it is much harder to start up a dynasty league with friends than it is to start up a re-draft league. Very few friends are inspired to play fantasy football year round, and to track rookies through the pre-drart process. I tried to talk my leaguemates in two leagues into starting up a dynasty league a few years ago and got 3 takers out of 22 fantasy players. So I ultimately joined an existing $100 dynasty league advertised on FBG (link above). But I was careful to ask the right questions and did not join the first league that I checked out.

I'm very happy with the league BTW, and expect to be very competitive this year. Just don't expect to win in the 1st year you join an existing league. Usually the reason the team is available is because the former owner lost interest or did some stupid stuff, so plan on having to re-build a little. Just know the difference between a 'reasonable remodel' and a 'major fixer-upper', especially if money is involved.

BTW, if you are leary of playing with strangers, it is NOT that hard to start up a re-draft league of friends and convert it to a deep keeper - a cross between a re-draft and a dynasty league which can be a lot of fun. (I'm in two of them - one is a keep-8 and the amount of keeper in the other is either 7 or 8 depending on how you finished in the prior year.)

My group of friends had decent overlap among 2-3 different leagues. We took the best 12 and formed a Dynasty 25 man keeper league back in 06. We still do the other leagues, but Dynasty occupies 90% of my thought and effort. To me, it is so much more fun.

However you get in one, I highly recommend Dynasty. It's the best.

(exhibit A. Say a team, Oh I don't know, ME, drafts D-Will as a rookie in 06. You basically sit on him for 2 years while he does nothing, then next thing you know he's the #1 Rb in 08. It doesn't get any better than that IMO)

If you don't have the ability to play with local buddies and you are going to the internet, check out the Great Lakes Leagues. Kirk does a good job as the commissioner and he is pretty responsive.

I am in the process of starting a dynasty league but was wondering if anyone could recommend the best site to manage the league?

I need one that could be totally molded to personal settings that is easy to use.

Any recommendations?

I am in the process of starting a dynasty league but was wondering if anyone could recommend the best site to manage the league?

I need one that could be totally molded to personal settings that is easy to use.

Any recommendations?

www.myfantasyleague.com

www.myfantasyleague.com

Thanks...after I posted the question, I researched and found them to be the best...already have a league started.

Anyone know where I can join/start a dynasty league? Any leagues out there starting up or needing an owner??

If there's no dynasty leagues, wheres a good place to go to for Keeper Leagues?

runner06 is putting together a Free Startup PPR dynasty league on Fleaflicker.com this year. I'm in and we have 3 so far. It will be 12 teams. I play in several money leagues already so I wanted to get in a new dynasty league just for the competition. I posted about it in several of my leagues and 1 of my leaguemates has joined. If you're interested go to the Find a League/Fill a League forum and look for runner06 post 'FREE Startup PPR Dynasty League'.His post has details about the league and you can contact him.

If you don't have the ability to play with local buddies and you are going to the internet, check out the Great Lakes Leagues. Kirk does a good job as the commissioner and he is pretty responsive.

ANYBODY LOOKING TO GO DYNASTY ???? GREAT LAKES KICK MAJOR ARSE AND HAS SOME MORE OPENINGS THIS YEAR MORE THAN NORMAL DUE TO "THE ECONOMY"

SO if you ever wanted to get into a dynasty league I suggest you act now... Great Lakes FFL... Has many owners who own multiple teams in different GLFFL leagues... And KIRK who runs it is as LEGIT as it gats as a host/bank for all these leagues... TOP NOTCH DYNASTY PLACE TO BE FOR THE HARDCORE FF'er..... MB

ps. Don't say no one told you so ;)

ANYBODY LOOKING TO GO DYNASTY ???? GREAT LAKES KICK MAJOR ARSE AND HAS SOME MORE OPENINGS THIS YEAR MORE THAN NORMAL DUE TO "THE ECONOMY"

SO if you ever wanted to get into a dynasty league I suggest you act now... Great Lakes FFL... Has many owners who own multiple teams in different GLFFL leagues... And KIRK who runs it is as LEGIT as it gats as a host/bank for all these leagues... TOP NOTCH DYNASTY PLACE TO BE FOR THE HARDCORE FF'er..... MB

ps. Don't say no one told you so :thumbsdown:

What if they do not fill all of the openings in a league before draft, what happens? I am thinking of buying a team.

What if they do not fill all of the openings in a league before draft, what happens? I am thinking of buying a team.

Kirk (who runs the entire operation, or leads it anyway)... Makes he pick himself looking at team needs and best player to (help sell the team) to the next owner who takes it over... Some guys in here have a SILLY number of leagues all in this one, not so little spot... HTH MB

I've just been informed (3 days before our draft) that one member did not pay his league fees and has quit his participation in our dynasty league. His team aint half bad...MJD and J Stewart to name two. I'm not actively involved in running this league, but if you are interested, contact me immediately and if the opening is not filled, I will have our commish contact you at once with rules etc.

It is a $100 yearly fee league. Email me at: thinkinbig@yahoo.com

I believe that we will postpone our rookie draft for one week now, til we get a replacement that has paid up.